8th July 2012, 07:45 PM
Daspinder

How to get job in PSU after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

I have completed my B.tech in Mechanical Engineering with 6.5 GPA. I would like to know is GATE exam still the qualifying exam for getting job in a PSU. Or all PSU's conduct invidual examinations for recruitme in their organisations? what is the criteria for selection?

13th July 2012, 01:38 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get job in PSU after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

In order to join for jobs in PSUs you need to attend written examination conducted as part of this. 60% marks in B.Tech is compulsory to attend this exam. In case of certain PSUs, they may specify the candidates to apply for technical positions based on their GATE score. On the other hand, for certain other posts individual entrance exams are conducted for this. If you qualify written exam the next level is GD and personal interview too.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?