26th January 2012, 09:23 PM

How to get a seat through lateral entry in B.E engineering?

Dear sir, how can one get seat by lateral admission in B.E.engineering colleges of Assam after passing 3 years diploma in plastic engineesing?
Thanking you.

Related Questions:
  1. Which government colleges in India offer seats for direct admission 2nd year through LEET exam? Does PEC Chandigarh offer any seats for LEET qualifying students?
  2. How to get a seat through lateral entry in B.E engineering?
  3. Eligibility criteria for lateral entry in B.E(Mechanical Engineering)? What is the cutoff mark for lateral entry in B.E? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How many colleges in Uttarkhand offer lateral entry? Can we get Pantnagar engineering college with lateral entry?
  5. Procedure for admission in B.E after diploma? Old question papers for the exam?
  6. How much % required in Diploma course to get into lateral entry?
  7. Which colleges offer Lateral entry in engineering for diploma holders in Chandigarh and other states?
  8. After diploma what should I take for admission in degree? Procedure for D2D admission? Is there any entrance exam to take admission in Gujarat?
  9. Need information about changing branch during Lateral Entry admission?
  10. Can I do B.Tech abroad after completing diploma 3 years course?
  11. After completing diploma from Bangalore will I be allowed for lateral entry exam?
  12. Can I do BE in Tamil Nadu having completed Diploma in Karnataka?
  13. Can I join in B.Tech after Polytechnic without counseling? Can I join with 75%?
  14. Books for preparation for LEET? where to buy?
  15. Can I do B.E. course after completing B.Sc.?
  16. Can we do B.E after completing BSc Course? I have secured less marks in PCM group
  17. What is the procedure followed for getting lateral entry B.E admission? -- [New]
  18. How to join B.Tech course after completion of B.Sc?
29th February 2012, 06:29 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a seat through lateral entry in B.E engineering?

You can join for the engineering course after completing diploma in engineering. There is a lateral entry scheme for such candidates. As per this scheme, you can directly enter in to the second year of the engineering course after your diploma. But you need to attend the entrance exam as part of this. If you get qualified in the entrance exam, you are eligible to secure admission for the engineering course.
8th January 2013, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir, regarding about the entrance exam for those lateral entry candidates 2013' can you please give me an information of the entrance test to be conducted.
12th March 2013, 07:45 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

Lateral entry scheme is intended to admit meritorious diploma holders to the second year of the B.Tech courses to acquire a degree in engineering. The top notch colleges of the country have the provision to Lateral entry for diploma. They have a fixed number of seats allotted for students. Students entering directly through lateral entry, complete their engineering in 3 years /6 semesters. The exam procedure, the course and the degree everything remains the same for the applying candidates.

Eligibility for B.Tech after diploma:
Students who have completed first year in B.Tech from a recognised university or passed three years diploma after 10+2 with minimum aggregate of 60% marks in science and maths field.
Those who are appearing for the final year diploma examination are also eligible to apply for direct second year engineering admission, subject to the condition that they shall produce the provisional certificate at the time of admission.

One of the leading education groups of Rajasthan, JECRC Foundation, which has been ranked among the best engineering college�s of North India, also offer admission through lateral entry in B.Tech to students who have done their diploma in engineering from the state board of technical education. JECRC offers B.Tech after diploma in various streams like civil engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, electronics and communications engineering. JECRC Foundation believes in delivering industry driven education in its unique way.
12th March 2013, 07:46 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: How to get a seat through lateral entry in B.E engineering?

Lateral entry scheme is intended to admit meritorious diploma holders to the second year of the B.Tech courses to acquire a degree in engineering. The top notch colleges of the country have the provision to Lateral entry for diploma. They have a fixed number of seats allotted for students. Students entering directly through lateral entry, complete their engineering in 3 years /6 semesters. The exam procedure, the course and the degree everything remains the same for the applying candidates.

Eligibility for B.Tech after diploma:
Students who have completed first year in B.Tech from a recognised university or passed three years diploma after 10+2 with minimum aggregate of 60% marks in science and maths field.
Those who are appearing for the final year diploma examination are also eligible to apply for direct second year engineering admission, subject to the condition that they shall produce the provisional certificate at the time of admission.

One of the leading education groups of Rajasthan, JECRC Foundation, which has been ranked among the best engineering college�s of North India, also offer admission through lateral entry in B.Tech to students who have done their diploma in engineering from the state board of technical education. JECRC offers B.Tech after diploma in various streams like civil engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, electronics and communications engineering. JECRC Foundation believes in delivering industry driven education in its unique way.
10th June 2013, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

how many sheets alloted for lateral entry students in BE?
1st July 2013, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

I have completed B.sc with physics chemistry and math , can i get lateral entry to B.

e. (Mechanical) in any engineering college in assam
3rd July 2013, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

how much seats are allotment in each college and each branch in a engg. For lateral entry students and When council starts
12th August 2015, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

What are the papers of lateral examination of engineering conducted by
director of technical education, assam ?
12th August 2015, 07:38 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

Lateral entry is mostly for diploma students . Even the candidates who didn't like their college can change college through lateral entry .
* This is simple process . Just you to submit your certificates to them at the time of joining . There is no participation in counselling here .
* Where as in some states they will organise an entrance test . you have to participate in that exam and secure rank .
then participate in counselling you can confirm your seat .
12th August 2015, 09:10 PM
Career advisor

BE in engineering:
students with diploma in any field can for btech in any engineering college through LEET(Lateral Entry Scheme).
After diploma,student will get admission in the 2nd year in the discipline in which he/she has done his/her diploma.
The students can either get admission directly in private colleges or go for the entrance exam for getting admission in the prestigious or government college.
16th August 2015, 01:13 AM
JSD.

Via lateral entry scheme you can directly enter into the second year of engineering.For this you have to appear in the LEET examination. On the basis of your result in examination your admission will be taken place in the engineering colleges.If you wish to study the B.E./B.tech course than you have to prepare well for Entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?