9th September 2012, 09:39 AM
balvindra kaur

How to give IAS exam after doing BCA?

i have done my the b.c.a. i want to ask t i give the ias exam with the cse branch?

16th September 2012, 10:04 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to give IAS exam after doing BCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by balvindra kaur View Post
i have done my the b.c.a. i want to ask t i give the ias exam with the cse branch?
Well, after completing BCA course you are definitely eligible for this examination and to become IAS Officer, you just apply for the Civil services examination, this examination is conducted by UPSC, every year in these two parts preliminary and Mains.

You have to complete your Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University and your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for Civil services examination.

This year examination was already completed and next year examination is going to be published soon next year. The notification published in the month of February every year and after publishing the notification you are eligible to fill online application form.

You have to cracked the preliminary examination first and this examination is objective with negative marking and there are two papers in this examination.

If you cracked the Preliminary examination then you are eligible for Mains. You have to choose the Optional Subjects from the given List. You have to select two optional subjects from 4 papers and you have to choose two optional subject according to your interest.

You will get complete details from the official website of UPSC.

Subjects List:

16th September 2012, 10:54 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can give IAS exam after BCA that means after Graduation. There is no specific exam as IAS exam, so to become an IAS officer, one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test also called as Preliminary Exam which comprises of all objective type question

-Civil Service Main Exam comprises of subjective type questions from the prescribed optional subjects.

-Personal Interview

As you are a BCA Graduate so you have to choose the optional subjects from the prescribed list of subjects.

For further information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in

16th September 2012, 11:25 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

yes , you are eligible for apply IAS exam because BCA is a one of the Graduation course

IAS Stands Indian Administration Services

IAS is a one of the Civil service exam , this exam conducted by UPSC once a year

IAS eligibility Criteria , candidates must be a Indian
Candidates should be complete a degree in any stream from a recognized university
Candidates age limit not more then 30 years & not less then 21 years & age relaxation as per govt rules

Selection process based on preliminary exam , main examination & interview process

17th September 2012, 04:37 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.......

Yes, you are eligible for IAS after your BCA Degree

But, first you can crack the Civil Examination which is conducted for IAS/IPS by Union Public Service Commission

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Examination : -

** You must have a bachelor of degree in any stream from a recognized university

** Your age should between 21 to 30 years and age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates as under

** You should be a citizen of India

Selection Procedure : -

1. Preliminary Examination

2. Mains Examination

3. Interview

4. Medical Test ..........etc

Maximum Attempts : -

Maximum attempts for General Candidates is 4

For OBC Candidates 7 attempts

No limit for SC/ST

Syllabus for Written Examination : -

UPSC Civil Examination Notification : -

If you want more information about this go to this link http://www.upsc.gov.in/

17th September 2012, 08:28 PM
Astha sinhaa

Hello friend,

Yes,you are eligible for this examination after completing your BCA Course.To become an IAS officer,you should appear for civil service exam. Civil Service exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission(UPSC),every year.

For this exam, You should be complete graduation from any recognised university.
You should be a citizen of india.
Final year candidates are also eligible.

your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.
Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

Civil services consists of two papers Preliminary and Mains.

The preliminary screening test comprises, General Studies paper and civil services Aptitude test (CSAT).
The main paper is held for 2000 marks, Each paper, optional and general studies paper carries 300 marks and the essay carries 200 marks.

Optional subjects are two papers.
The name of those optional subjects are
Agriculture, Management, Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science, Mathematics, Anthropology, Mechanical Engineering, Botany, Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics, Commerce & Accountancy, Political Science & International Relations, Economics, Psychology, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian History, Zoology.

The interview test is the last stage of Recruitment process of Indian Administrative services. The Interview also has 300 marks.

For more details about IAS exam visit on www.upsc.gov.in

28th October 2012, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

which have subject for ias after doing bca

28th October 2012, 09:12 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by balvindra kaur View Post

Dear Aspirant,

After completing your BCA you can Definately able to become an IAS Officer.....
IAS exam is conducted by UPSC Every year....

For Becoming an IAS Officer a Candidate have to apply for Civil Service Examination......

>> A candidate who have completed their Graduation Degree in any Stream from Recognized Universities are eligible for IAS.....

>> Final Year student may also can apply for it.....

Exam Pattern:

1. Preliminary Exam.
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview

Age Limit:
  • General category student:- 21-30 years.
  • OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
  • SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

Attempt Limit:

1. General - max. 4
  2. OBC - max. 7.
  3. SC/ST - No limit.

You Can Go For Coaching Classes:

Excell Career India
www.excellcareerindia.org/

Indian IAS Academy
www.indianiasacademy.com/

Success IAS Academy
www.successiasacademy.com/

Synergy Siddharth
synergyias.com/

Ganesh IAS
ganeshias.com/

Shankar IAS Academy
www.shankariasacademy.com/

Books for Reference:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the best

With Regards.....
Dharm

2nd November 2012, 06:48 PM
sah.alok

the eligibility criteria for the IAS exam are
1)minimum qualification-graduation with no percentage bar and with any stream
2)age limit-21 to30 years for general category,21-33 years for obc,21-35 years for sc/st
3)number of attempts-4 for general category,7-obc,unlimited-sc/st
so you are very eligible for applying in the IAS.

7th August 2013, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir actually I have completed my graduation from back.ca what subject are required for appearing ias. Pleasa suggest

17th March 2018, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of BCA. Which subject should I choose for optional for UPSC CSE?

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?