16th July 2012, 06:32 PM
kaaran52

How to join Indian Air Force? What is the qualification?

join indian air force what is qualifcation....please tell me how to do it

29th July 2012, 09:43 PM
karthik.mm
Member+

Default Re: How to join Indian Air Force? What is the qualification?

Dear Kaaran52,
This is the procedure to apply for Air Force.

To be AIRMEN

How to apply:

Information regarding Scheduled Test is advertised in the leading National Dailies and Rozgar Samachar/Employment New as and when the schedule is announced.

Information regarding Recruitment Rallies is published in prominent local news papers as and when they are planned in certain areas.
Recruitment Rallies are meant for selection of candidates from a particular geographical location only. Hence, one is required to be domicile of that area.

Subjects and syllabus for each stream are given in the OFFICIAL website.

AGE AND EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION CRITERIA to be AIRMEN

Group 'X': 17 - 22 Years :
Candidates should have passed Intermediate/ 10+2 with pass marks in Mathematics and Physics with a minimum of 50% marks in overall aggregate.
OR
Should have passed a 3 year Diploma course in Engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/Automobile/Computer Science/ Instrumentation Technology/ Information Technology) with at least 50% marks from a Govt. recognized Polytechnic Institute.
Eligible trades:Technical Trades

Group 'Y' : 17 -22 Years :
Candidates should have passed Intermediate/ 10+2 with science, arts, commerce subjects or equivalent vocational courses with minimum 50% marks in aggregate. Vocational courses conducted by CBSE and Kerala Board recognised by Association of Indian Universities (AIU) only are eligible.
Eligible trades: All Group 'Y' Trades (Except Musician Trade)

Group 'Z' : 17-25 Years :
Passed Matriculation/ 10th class passed or equivalent with minimum pass marks from any Govt recognized school/Boards, should be between 17-25 years of age and should be proficient in playing at least one musical instrument of the following:
Trumpet /Bass/ Violin/ Saxophone/ Clarinet/ Euphonium /Jass-Drum/ Piccolo/Bass Trombone/ Key Board/ Guitar/ Sarod/ Viola/ Cello/ Contra Bass (String Bass).
Eligible trades: Musician Trade

To be in the National Defence Academy
You can join NDA by taking the exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
This exam is conducted twice a year in all major cities throughout India.

How to apply:

You start by sending your application.

Watch out for the advertisement inviting applications in the leading newspapers and the Employment News.
After you spot the relevant ad, you send your application in the format mentioned in the advertisement, before the last date of receiving of application.

Eligibility Criteria
To join the NDA you need to fulfil the following requirements:

16 ½ to 19 years At the time of commencement of training.

Nationality
Indian

Educational Qualifications
You should have passed your 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics. Final year students can also apply.
For Army wing:-
The candidate must have complete the 12th with 60% marks.

For Navy:-
The candidate must have complete the 12th with physics , chemistry , mathematics with 60% marks.

For Air force:-
The candidate must have complete the 12th with physics , mathematics.

Advertisemet Schedule
March and October every year( Advertisement released by UPSC).

All the best!!
2nd September 2012, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to join Indian Air Force? What is the qualification?

hi sir, i m jitendra. my qualification- i complete three year diploma with CSE gov.collage but final year at this year. my age- 16.7. i want to join indian air force with 'X' group. can i apply to join indian air force? pls reply me, {jitendra kumar [email protected]}
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?