31st October 2012, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

How to join NDA while pursuing degree in commerce(B.Com)

Sir i want to join nda but i am persuing my degree in commer (b.com ) can i join. If yes can u kindly say the best posible way..?

1st November 2012, 11:09 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to join NDA while pursuing degree in commerce(B.Com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir i want to join nda but i am persuing my degree in commer (b.com ) can i join. If yes can u kindly say the best posible way..?
How To Join NDA

The NDA (National Defense Academy) Exam is conducted every year by the UPSC in the months of April and August..

A candidate must fulfill the following minimum eligibility criterion for appearing for the NDA Exam :-

>> The candidate must have cleared his 12th in any stream from a recognized board..

>> The candidate must also be within the age limit of 16.5-19 years..

>> Apart from these, the candidate must also fulfill some physical eligibility criterion..

The physical requirements for the different wings are mentioned in the attachment that I have provided you with..

The various wings of the NDA are :-

>> Army Wing
>> Air Force Wing
>> Navy Wing

You need to clear the following rounds in order to get selected for your desired wing :-

>> General Ability Test
>> Interview Round
>> Medical Examination

For more details about the exam you can visit http://upsc.gov.in

all the best..
Attached Files
File Type: doc NDA Genral-ability.doc(61.4 KB, 51 views)
File Type: pdf NDA-Solved-Previous-Year-Question-Paper-2008.pdf(61.3 KB, 60 views)
File Type: txt Physical Requirements for NDA.txt(3.2 KB, 42 views)
1st November 2012, 01:52 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join NDA while pursuing degree in commerce(B.Com)

Quote:
I am very sorry to say but it is not possible for you to give the NDA Exam since it is only for those students who have given their class 12 boards exam and falls in the age bracket of 16.5 years-19 years. But you can sit for the CDS exam to enter the following three academies: Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy.

CDSE's full form is Combined Defence Services" Examination. This exam is conducted by the UPSC for twice a year. The notifications for this exam is released twice a year, in October and June.

Educational Qualification:-

The criteria for entering these academies differs from one academy to the other.

Indian Military Academy/Officers' Training Academy: You need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Naval Academy: B.Sc degree with Physics and Mathematics or B.E./B.Tech in engineering

Air Force Academy: Bachelor's degree in engineering or B.Sc degree with Physics or Mathematics.

Age Limit:-

Indian Military Academy: 19-24 years
Air Force Academy: 19-23 years
Naval Academy: 19-22 years
Officers’ Training Academy: 19-25 years

Examination Pattern:-

The question pattern of Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy are same. There will be three papers of 100 marks each to answer. Questions will come from the following sections:- English, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics.

For Officer's Training Academy there will be two papers to solve. For each paper 100 marks each have been allotted. So total marks allotted for the exam is 200 marks. Questions will come from English and General Knowledge. Mainly objective type questions will be asked in both the exams.

Hope this helps :-> :->
1st November 2012, 03:48 PM
NIREEKSHANA BABU
Member+

Thumbs up Re: How to join NDA while pursuing degree in commerce(B.Com)

Quote:

The NDA (National Defense Academy) Exam is conducted every year by the UPSC in the months of April and August..

A candidate must fulfill the following minimum eligibility criterion for appearing for the NDA Exam :-

>> The candidate must have cleared his 12th in any stream from a recognized board..

>> Apart from these, the candidate must also fulfill some physical eligibility criterion..

The physical requirements for the different wings are mentioned in the attachment that I have provided you with..

>> Army Wing
>> Air Force Wing
>> Navy Wing

You need to clear the following rounds in order to get selected for your desired wing :-

>> General Ability Test
>> Interview Round
>> Medical Examination
1st November 2012, 04:01 PM
NIREEKSHANA BABU
Member+

Quote:

>> Army Wing
>> Air Force Wing
>> Navy Wing

>> General Ability Test
>> Interview Round
>> Medical Examination
10th November 2012, 08:34 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

If you don`t mind then i just want to ask your present age because in my opinion you cannot apply for the NDA Examination.

This is because you have specified above that you are currently pursuing B.Com so your age might be over 19 years and the required age group for NDA Exam is 16.5-19 years .

If your age is under 19 years , then below i have mentioned the complete information regarding NDA Exam where you can get all sorts of information regarding the same.

The NDA Exam is conducted twice every year by the Union Public Service Commission as NDA-I & NDA-II.

The Examination is conducted for the selection of candidates in any one of the three wings of Indian Defence as per their rank :

a) Indian Army

b) Naval Academy

c) Air Force

The Qualifications Required to appear in the NDA Examination are :

* Educational Qualifications : 12th with PCM From any Recognized Board.

* Age Criteria : 16.5-19 years.

* Nationality : Indian

* Sex : Male

* Marital Status : Unmarried

* Physical Standards :

1) Minimum Height Required :

2) Eye Sight :

The Pattern Of The NDA Examination is :

Important Dates Regarding NDA - I Exam 2013 are :

Date Of Notification : 22.12.2012
Last date For submission of form : 21.01.2013
Date of Examination : 07.04.2013

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
26th November 2012, 01:28 PM
Viraj0013

I am very sorry to say but it is not possible for you to give the NDA Exam since it is only for those students who have given their class 12 boards exam and falls in the age bracket of 16.5 years-19 years. But you can sit for the CDS exam to enter the following three academies: Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy.

CDSE's full form is Combined Defence Services" Examination. This exam is conducted by the UPSC for twice a year. The notifications for this exam is released twice a year, in October and June.

The NDA Exam is conducted twice every year by the Union Public Service Commission as NDA-I & NDA-II.

The Examination is conducted for the selection of candidates in any one of the three wings of Indian Defence as per their rank :

a) Indian Army

b) Naval Academy

c) Air Force

The Qualifications Required to appear in the NDA Examination are :

* Educational Qualifications : 12th with PCM From any Recognized Board.

* Age Criteria : 16.5-19 years.

* Nationality : Indian

* Sex : Male

* Marital Status : Unmarried

* Physical Standards
26th November 2012, 08:37 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Quote:
hi friend,

NDA stands for the National Defence Academy

ELIGIBILITY for NDA:
  1. Candidate must have completed their 12th science with atleast 60% from recognise board.
  2. Only Unmarried Male can Apply for NDA.
  3. Age should be Between 16.5 to 19 years.

Citizen of India.

Exam Pattern:

Physical Requirement:

27th November 2012, 05:36 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,

You can join NDA if you are fulfill these criteria which is written below.

NDA stand for National Defence Academy
NDA exam is conducted by UPSC twice in A year NDA-I and NDA-II

Eligibility For NDA

1. the candidate must be an indian citizen.

2. the candidate must be an unmarried male.

3. the candidate must be passed/appeared in 12th with a govt. recognized university.

4. the candidate must be medically fit.

5. he must be in between 16.5-19 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?