29th August 2012, 06:07 PM
ami k sonecha

How many exams are there to become an IAS?

How many exams for becoming an ias?
Exams are held yearly or half yearly? In which month?
Please inform me

2nd September 2012, 02:01 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many exams are there to become an IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ami k sonecha View Post
How many exams for becoming an ias?
Exams are held yearly or half yearly? In which month?
Please inform me
The entrance test conducted for Indian Administrative Services is known as Civil Service Exam and comprise of the following stages:

Preliminary Exam:
  • Written Test

Main Exam:
  • Written Test
  • Interview
The Civil Service Examination is held once a year and the notification regarding the Preliminary Exam is usually published in the month of February/March. In order to be considered eligible for the Main Exam, candidate must qualify the Preliminary stage of the Civil Service Examination.
  • The Preliminary Exam comprise of two compulsory papers:
Paper I-General Studies
Paper II-Civil Service Aptitude Test

Now, as far as eligibility criteria for the examination is concerned, candidates possessing bachelors degree in any discipline are considered eligible to appear for the examination provided (s)he is within the age limit of 21-30 years. The maximum age limit is, however, relaxed for candidates belonging to reserved category. For candidates belonging to OBC category, the maximum age limit is 33 years and for candidates belonging to SC/ST category, the maximum age limit is 35 years.

The examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission and in order to gather more information regarding the Civil Service Examination, refer to the official website of the commission.

7th October 2012, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I'm studying in III semester B.E. in civil. I want to become an I.A.S. officer, i'm from a small village, but i have lot of interest and wish to do I.A.S.. I have purchased CIVIL SERVICES (IAS) prelims 17 years question papers GENERAL STUDIES by Deepa publication. I'm referring to that book, but i don't know about the exams. Is there any limited selection of subjects for the exams or not sir? And how many attempts can i do for prelims and for main? Whether can we do I.A.S. without tutorials or not? Is it very necessary to solve papers from now on-wards or further? Please reply me sir, I need your help. I guess You will surely. please please please........

3rd January 2013, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

I am student of FY.B.SC.IT want become a IAS officer for MAIN EXAM howmany subject are required and what is triteriya of main exam? Please tell

30th March 2013, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

I am student of MBA. I want to become an IAS officer. How many subjects are compulsory and not compulsory in the main exam? Plz tell.

26th September 2013, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

Total paper for ias

20th January 2014, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

Which is exam ifs officer post ?

30th May 2014, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

sir i am paramesvari how many years become an ias officer and how to prepare and how many attempts to compleate

31st May 2014, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

sir i am studying first year BE i want to be an IAS officer . But i did not know about that exams i.If you may told about that exams and syllabus i will be developed it soon .

13th June 2014, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

i want to serve each people after select ias officer.i have done grayjaute in bsc.my qustion is can i select physics subject for 2nd papre

3rd October 2014, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

I am studying second year B pharmacy I want to be an IAS officer . I don't no about the exam please tell the information

8th December 2014, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

after my degree can i do IAS and which are the subjects compulsory in mains and can i choose any particular subjects which i am familiar about what are the advantages regarding the selection of subjects??

11th December 2014, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Good morning im radha completed my UG now i have to prepare for an IAS exam so please tell me the details of total exam pattern

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?