6th December 2014, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

What should I study to become an IAS Officer? In which exam I have to appear?

hi friends
i wanted a brief information about ias
to become Ias officer which course should i take in 11th ?

after tht particular course is completed which course is necesarry ?

what exams should i appear?

please help me

Related Questions:
  1. How should I study for IAS exam while studying M.Tech(5 years)?
  2. What should I study to become an IAS Officer? In which exam I have to appear? -- [New]
  3. Physically handicapped person eligible for IAS officers post? Study material for the entrance exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What is the work-profile of an IES mechanical officer in various sectors? Does IES officer have same powers as IAS officer?
  5. Which course to study to become an IAS officer?
  6. How can I become an IAS officer? I am a student
  7. What is the procedure to join IAS? I want to become an IAS officer
  8. How should I prepare to become an IAS Officer being a candidate having completed Graduation and pursuing MA in English? How to get study materials to prepare for this Exam?
  9. Which Books should I prepare to become an IAS Officer?
  10. How to become an IAS officer after studying SYB.Com?
  11. How to become an IAS officer after completing BMS degree? From where to get the forms? Details about IAS exam?
  12. How can I become an IAS officer? Which course is needed to study for IAS?
  13. What kind of knowledge is required to become an IAS officer?
  14. How to become an IAS officer after completing B.Com with 66%
  15. Placement Papers of Accenture Recruitment?
  16. Can I become IAS officer having completed B.Sc. in IT? What is required to become IAS Officer?
  17. How to become an IAS officer after Engineering (ECE)? how to prepare and subjects to study? Is it necessary to join IAS academy to prepare?
  18. After 2nd PUC how long does it takes to become an IAS Officer? Starting salary and minimum required physical standard?
7th December 2014, 07:30 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study to become an IAS Officer? In which exam I have to appear?

You can opt Science stream in your 11th standard if you are interested to become an IAS officer. To becoem an IAS officer, you need to appear for IAS examination which is conducted by UPSC every year. To be eligible to appear for IAS examination, you need to complete Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

Eligibility Criteria :-
1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must be in between 21 - 30 years old. Age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

3. You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

4. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.

By qualifying IAS examination in both written test and Personal Interview rounds, you will be finally selected into Indian Administrative Services.
7th December 2014, 07:57 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study to become an IAS Officer? In which exam I have to appear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi friends

please help me

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service

This exam is being conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and is held every year. This exam is held for candidates to join in as an IAS officer.

It is really a good thought of becoming a IAS officer at a young age but according to the qualification which is needed you are not eligible as you are not satisfying the required criteria.

The education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university but as you have only completed 11th you are not satisfying the needed education qualification and there are certain other criteria which are also needed to be satisfied along with it to be eligible for the exam and they would include such as:

>>Nationality

>> Age limit

If you need more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Jxsab~
7th December 2014, 08:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi friends

please help me
After completion of your graduation degree you can apply for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
7th December 2014, 11:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Any stream Graduates can apply for IAS examination. Therefore, you can choose any stream in which you have interest, if you want to become an IAS Officer. You have to clear the exam conducted by UPSC with top marks, then only you will be able to become an IAS Officer.

The age should be between 21 to 30 years. The is age relaxation available for candidates who belong to reserved category.

1. SC/ST : 5 years relaxation
2. OBC : 3 years relaxation
3. PH : 10 years relaxation

Selection is purely based on merit and it will have following stages.

1. CSAT
2. Mains Exam
3. Interview

For more information visit http://upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?