17th August 2016, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

Which subject should I choose in 11th class to become an IAS officer?

Which subject I should take in 11 class to be an IAS officer ? I am simple student. My father's dream is this that I become an IAS officer. I am a school student and your guidance will really help me to walk on a right path.

18th August 2016, 03:30 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which subject should I choose in 11th class to become an IAS officer?

To apply for IAS one need to be graduate from a valid university & age must be 21 years to 32 years. You can chose any subject which you feel is easy for you. I cannot suggest which faculty you should go. So, choice should be your's. To become IAS one need to face preliminary test & then written exam & last is interview. In written exam you get choice to selecte the subjects. So, complete your school & graduation to apply.
18th August 2016, 04:39 PM
userdefined

Default Re: Which subject should I choose in 11th class to become an IAS officer?

You can take a group which has History, Geography or Political Science etc. These are the subjects that can be very helpful for the future in case if you want to pursue career as a Civil Service Aspirant.
B.A in History/ Geography or you can very well take law which will get you to know things about Current affairs.
In UPSC, you have to opt for optional and for selecting the optional this could be very useful for the Optional for Mains in UPSC.

UPSC is the examination conducted for recruiting for Civil Services in India. It is one of the toughest exam to crack in the world.
Eligibility :
1. Citizen of India
2. Age Limit- 32 yrs ( Relaxation is there for OBC/ SC/ ST candidates.
3. No of Attempts : General-4, OBC-7, SC/ST-9.
18th August 2016, 05:48 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

There is no specific subjects to be chosen in 11th standard for IAS:-

IAS, Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer one has to apply, appear and Crack Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC every year after graduation degree in any stream. Hence one can choose any subject to complete graduation in which he / she is comfortable in order to apply for IAS, Civil Service exam.

The Eligible Candidate must be an Indian national having either appear for the final graduation degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised universities with in the age of 21to 30 years with upper Age relaxation for reserved candidate.
18th August 2016, 07:39 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services

The eligibility criteria for this examination is as below:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates are also eligible for this examination.

2. Minimum age limit is 21 years.

You can taken any subject group either science stream with mathematics or biology or commerce or arts depending upon your interest.

Select those subjects in which you have deep interest then only you will be able to score well. This is because candidates from all discipline are eligible for Civil Services exam.
18th August 2016, 08:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS officer, there is no need to opt for any particular stream in your 11th standard. You can pursue any course of your interest and after completion of your 12th standard, you have to pursue your Graduation from a recognised university and apply for IAS examination. Being a 10th standard passed student, you will not have much knowledge about choosing a course, so, I suggest you to select the Science stream if you have interest in Mathematics subject or Arts or Commerce stream based on your interest.
18th August 2016, 10:29 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There is no specific requirement for IAS exam and any stream will work for you. You have to prepare according to the syllabus of UPSC civil services examination.

Hence, opt for any subjects of your interest and prepare for IAS exams side by side according to the syllabus. It would be better if you get study material specially designed for IAS preparation.
1st June 2017, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

After taking history geography or political science in 12th .what step will be taken by student for further preparation for IAS exam?
13th June 2017, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

My dream is to serve as an ias officer and after my retirement from the post I want to get settled in Australia. What should I do? I need help.
15th June 2017, 10:28 PM
Ezhil Gold Shelton N

Post Re: Which subject should I choose in 11th class to become an IAS officer?

You can choose any subject in 11th for your IAS career because subject selection is your choice of interest after 12th you should possess a degree from a recognised institution which is the necessary educational qualification for writing the civil services examination conducted by union public service commission for recruiting IAS Officers
28th August 2017, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

What group need to take in 11th std and what degree need to study after 12th std
10th April 2018, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

If one wants to be a ias officer together with business tycoon so what will be the subject taken and the process done
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?