25th April 2017, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

How a female engineering student can become an IAS Officer?

Hi sir, I am an 3rd year electrical engineering student. My goal is IAS officer... So, please give me instructions for how to became an IAS officer. My name is Lakshmi...

25th April 2017, 10:49 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: How a female engineering student can become an IAS Officer?

To be a IAS officer you have to complete your graduation first. After that you have to give IAS exam which is conducted by UPSC. Candidates who have completed their graduation in any stream are eligible for this exam. For more information you can go to the official website of UPSC :

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
26th April 2017, 12:11 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You are in the final year of engineering degree and want to become and IAS officer in future. Basically UPSC conducts Civil Services Exam every year for the recruitment of IAS, IPS officer and various other posts. To become an IAS officer you have to clear this exam. Following are the eligibility criteria for UPSC Civil Services Exam:

>>Eligibility criteria: Student must possess graduation degree from any recognized university. Students in the final year of graduation degree can also apply.

>>Age Limit: 21 to 32 years. Relaxation in maximum age limit is given to reserved category students as per govt. norms.

>>Selection Procedure: The selection procedure consists of Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam followed by Interview.

**If you still have any doubt about the eligibility criteria, selection process, exam pattern etc then you can go through the detailed notification in below attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC Civil Services Exam 2017.pdf(2.52 MB, 8 views)
26th April 2017, 05:28 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS is one of the prestigious services of Indian and under All India Services. Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC every year for selection of candidates to this service.

The minimum academic qualification required for this examination is bachelor's degree. Final year graduation candidates can apply for this exam. You can apply for this exam in final year of engineering. The minimum age is 21 years.

How to prepare for this exam:

It is one of the toughest examination of India, which requires rigorous labour with determination and dedication. You need to devote 1.5-2 years of preparation before appearing for this examination.

The basic foundation of preparation lies on NCERT, NIOS books of social science from standard 6th to standard 12th. In next phase, you can switch to standard books. Read, revise and repeat same thing is key to success. You need to motivate yourself that you can do it. For better guidance, you can join any coaching institute, you can join coaching institutes like Vajiram and Ravi IAS, Vision IAS, Rau's IAS study circle.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?