22nd December 2011, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

How many posts of IPS are vacant every year?

Sir I want to apply for IPS . I want to know that how many posts of IPS are vaccant every year? I am waiting for answer my e mail id is [email protected]

23rd December 2011, 09:30 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many posts of IPS are vacant every year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I want to apply for IPS . I want to know that how many posts of IPS are vaccant every year? I am waiting for answer my e mail id is [email protected]
IPS stands for Indian Police Services and to become IPS Officer you have to complete your Graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognised University, To Become IPS Officer you have to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination, this examination is Conducted by UPSC Every year and the examination is conducted in 2 stages :

>> Preliminary examination
>> Main examination

Distribution of vacancies among various categories and insider/outsider to be filled from Civil Services Examination is approximately 150 (Including general, OBC, SC/ST).

If you have completed your Graduation degree course then you are eligible to apply for this examination. But for this your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates. Final year appearing candidates are also apply for this examination.

The Notification of this examination is Published in the month of February every year and the Notification of Next year examination will be Published on 04/Feb/2012 and the last date of apply for this examination 05/March/2012 and the examination is Conducted in the Month of May i.e on 20/May/2012.

So, please wait for the Notification and then fill the application form Online and for more information check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in
23rd December 2011, 12:34 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Every year the UPSC conducts exam to select students in different civil service post .The examination is conducted to recruit students in IAS,IPS,IFS and many other civil service post . .The examination is conducted once a year .Based on a merit students are sent to different post .For IPS there are around 100 -150 seats are vacant .

Eligibility ::

You must have passed your graduation in any streams from recognized college

You should be between 21 to 30 years .There is some relaxation given to reserved caste students .The 5 years in upper age limit is extended for the SC/ST and for OBC i is extended to 3 years .

Relaxation is given in the no of attempts too to the reserved caste students.
No of times the general students can apply for the exam is 4 ,SC/ST unlimited times and OBC 7 times .

The examination is done in two phases ::

1.Preliminary
2.Main examination :: It consists of written examination and the Interview .

1.Preliminary exam::It consist of two papers and both are of objective types and common for all students .

2.Main exam:: Only those students who have cleared the preliminary exam will be eligible for the main exam.There are total 9 papers and students have to choose two optional subjects .After clearing the main exam you will get call for the interview.

7th March 2012, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

is there anymore restriction in choosing of optional subjects ?
10th March 2012, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

what will be subject of preliminary exam paper II???????????/
1st June 2012, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Hw they decide which student is eligible 4 which post.?
1st June 2012, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

sir m doin CA. & after Ca i want to Become IAS.is it gennuine to become IAS after becoming CA....??
after becoming CA i have not seen any person who even try for IAS...
but i want to become IAS officer after becoming chartered accountant...so it is correct ....????
&what are the post availaible for IAS officers..?????
18th July 2012, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

If we get low marks or merits what all post available other than IPS,IAS and IFS?
12th May 2013, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

IAS IPS IFS etc are outstanding careers
22nd December 2013, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

Where is the training centre for IPS officers.and what kind of trainings are given to them?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?