14th May 2012, 10:17 PM
Sureshkisk

How many subjects we have to take in IAS exam?

How many subject we have to take in ias exam...please tell me how man

15th May 2012, 01:35 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many subjects should I choose for IAS Exam?

There is no separate IAS Exam by cracking which the candidates can be placed in IAS. But, there is a common written exam for the candidates to be placed in various civil services like
-IAS
-IRS
-IFS etc.
which is Civil Services Examination.

This Examination is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

Here is the complete selection procedure that you need to crack to be placed in IAS
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

You don't need to choose any subjects for CSAT Exam. The CSAT Exam consists of questions from the following categories
-General Awareness
-General English
-Aptitude

You should have to choose 2 optional subjects for Civil Services Main Examination while registering for this Exam.

It would be better if you choose the optional subjects which you have gone through in your previous academic levels.

If there are no optional subjects that you have gone through in your previous academic levels, I suggest you to go through the syllabus of various optional subjects and identify the subjects where you have some grip.

Choose them and make the preparation well for those subjects.

The minimum academic qualification with which you are eligible to appear for this exam is by completion of Graduation course from a recognized university.

It is not so easy to be placed in IAS.

You should have to give extraordinary performance in both Written Exam and Interview too.

So, put your best efforts towards the completion of syllabus and to gain good subject knowledge.

Wish you all the best.

For updated information on this Exam, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
15th May 2012, 03:38 AM
Vikkybablu8

Default Re: How many subjects we have to take in IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshkisk View Post
common written exam for the candidates to be placed in various civil services like
-IAS
-IRS
-IFS etc.
This Examination is being conductedby UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.
Here is the complete selection procedure that you need to crack to be placed in IAS
-Interview
You don't need to choose any subjects for CSAT Exam. The CSAT Exam consists of questions from the following categories
-General Awareness
-General English
-Aptitude
You should have to choose 2 optional subjects for Civil Services Main Examination while registering for this Exam.
It would be better if you choose the optional subjects which you have gone through in your previous academic levels.
If there are no optional subjects that you have gone through in your previous academic levels, I suggest you to go through the syllabus of various optional subjects and identify the subjects where you have some grip.
15th May 2012, 06:23 AM
BIKARANT RAI

hi friends,
How many subjects should I choose for IAS Exam?

There is no separate IAS Exam by cracking which the candidates can be placed in IAS. But, there is a common written exam for the candidates to be placed in various civil services like
-IAS
-IRS
-IFS etc.

This Examination is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

-Interview

-General Awareness
-General English
-Aptitude

Choose them and make the preparation well for those subjects.

The minimum academic qualification with which you are eligible to appear for this exam is by completion of Graduation course from a recognized university.

It is not so easy to be placed in IAS.

You should have to give extraordinary performance in both Written Exam and Interview too.

So, put your best efforts towards the completion of syllabus and to gain good subject knowledge.

Wish you all the best
15th May 2012, 09:20 PM
gyanlight

It well known that exam for IAS is conducted by UPSC. the pattern or syllabus has been changed by UPSC from 2011. The exam is conducted in three stages 1. Preliminary and 2. Mains and 3. Interview.

1. In Preliminary stages, there is not any optional subjects but there are two compulsary papers. Paper-I consists question related to General Knowledge and Current Affairs and Paper-II consists of Comprehension, Interpersonal skills including, communication skills, Logical reasoning and analytical ability, Decision-making and problemsolving, General mental ability, English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level). Both papers of 200 marks

2. After qualifying Preliminary exam you need 2 optional subjects alongwith some compulsory papers as notified by UPSC.
26th June 2012, 02:51 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

-General Awareness
-General English
-Aptitudethe complete selection procedure that you need to crack to be placed in IAS
-Interview
-General Awareness
-General EnglishYou should have to choose 2 optional subjects for Civil Services Main Examination while registering for this Exam.It would be better if you choose the optional subjects which you have gone through in your previous academic levels.If there are no optional subjects that you have gone through in your previous academic levels,you to go through the syllabus of various optional subjects and identify the subjects where you have some grip.
2nd October 2012, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

I have some question but plz first confirm me how i can solve my english speaking ?
2nd October 2012, 08:10 PM
bhaskar51

Quote:
Here is a list of subjects for IAS/UPSC exams as per the UPSC Syllabus. Under each subject is provided reources regarding the mains IAS syllabus as well as question papers, strategy and suggested readings for the subject. The IAS Syllabus and other services like the IPS and Income Tax is the same, as it is a single exam conducted by UPSC and the syllabus is also set by the UPSC.

The Following Combinations are NOT allowed by the UPSC
Political Science & International relations and Pubilc Administration
Commerce & Accountancy and Management
Anthropopgy and Sociology
Mathematics and Statistice
Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Management and Public Administration
Any two branches of engineering
Animal Husbandry & Veterimary Science and Mediacal Science
Combination if two Literatures

Home >> UPSC IAS Exam Subjects

Here is a list of subjects for IAS/UPSC exams as per the UPSC Syllabus. Under each subject is provided reources regarding the mains IAS syllabus as well as question papers, strategy and suggested readings for the subject. The IAS Syllabus and other services like the IPS and Income Tax is the same, as it is a single exam conducted by UPSC and the syllabus is also set by the UPSC.

Subject Combinations That are NOT allowed

Main Examination Syllabus | UPSC Question Papers | IAS Strategy | Sugested Reading | How to Prepare Notes | How to Write Answers | How to Read | Time Management | Gaining Mental Power for UPSC

The Following Combinations are NOT allowed by the UPSC
Political Science & International relations and Pubilc Administration
Commerce & Accountancy and Management
Anthropopgy and Sociology
Mathematics and Statistice
Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Management and Public Administration
Any two branches of engineering
Animal Husbandry & Veterimary Science and Mediacal Science
Combination if two Literatures
UPSC PLAN OF EXAMINATION:
The Civil Services Examination consists Civil Services Main Exam(Written & Interview) for selection of candidates

UPSC Main Examination - Optional Subjects
General Studies
Essay
English Qualifying
Indian Languages
Mathematics
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Management
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology
Anthropology
Arabic
Assamese
Bengali
Bodo
Chinese
Dogri
English
French
German
Gujarati
Hindi
Kannada
Kashmiri
Konkani
Maithili
Malayalam
Manipuri
Marathi
Nepali
Oriya
Pali
Persian
Punjabi
Russian
Sanskrit
Santali
Sindhi
Tamil
Telugu
Urdu
2nd October 2012, 09:37 PM
Ravinder.Singh.Jasrotia

Friend,

-- if you want to become an IAS officer, then you should appear in the Civil Service Examination which is conducted annually by UPSC.

-- The UPSC examination is conducted in order to make recruitment in the following department mentioned below:

* Indian Administrative Service
* Indian Foreign Service
* Indian Railway Service
* Indian Police Service
* And many more departments

-- Candidate have to choose any one subject of his choice for Preliminary Examination.

-- Candidate also have to choose any two subjects of their choice for Main Examination.

-- The list of optional subjects for both preliminary and main examination is available in the advertisement notification and the website of UPSC.
2nd October 2012, 10:13 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear..........
Indian Administrative service (IAS) , This exam is conducted through UPSC once in year,
The eligibility criteria for IAS exam are as follows.:

Qualification required :

The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university.

Age limit :

The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs.
There is age relaxation for SC/ST & OBC candidates.

No.Of Attempts:

General - 4 Times
SC/ST - unlimited
OBC - 7 times.

The exam pattern & optional subject which you can choose for IAS exam:

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck.......
2nd October 2012, 10:23 PM
vetdoc.01

Smile Re: How many subjects we have to take in IAS exam?

Quote:
For IAS exam i.e civil services exam after clearing which one can be appointed in IAS/IPS etc. you have to first clear an aptitude test, then clear a mains examination in subjective pattern and then after that an interview. finally after which a merit list of successful candidates is published.

The common aptitude test is held in objective or MCQ pattern. for which the syllabus is from current affairs, general knowledge about country's and world's latest position, quantitative aptitude test, english language test etc.
generally it involves common questions from the logical point of view.
this exam is called the CSAT exam. The Aptitude Test will have two papers (Papers I & II) of the Objective (Multiple Choice) type questions and carries a maximum of 200 marks each.Each paper will be of two hours duration.

The Main Examination consists of 9 papers of the conventional essay-type
questions, in the subjects prescribed by the Commission.
Pattern of the Main Examination
The written examination will consist of the following papers:
Compulsory
Paper I One of the Indian Languages 300 marks
Paper II English 300 marks
Papers I and II are of a qualifying nature only. The marks obtained in them will not count for ranking purposes.
Paper III Essay 200 marks
Papers IV & V General Studies - (Papers I & II) 300 marks each
Optional Subjects - (2 Subjects)
Papers VI & VII Optional I (Papers I & II) 300 marks each
Papers VIII & IX Optional II (Papers I & II) 300 marks each
Grand Total (Papers III to IX) 2000 marks

Interview
The number of candidates who pass the Main Exam and are called for the
Interview. A total of 300 marks is alloted for the Interview.

The Candidates have the option to answer Papers III to IX in English or in one of the Indian languages listed : Assamese, Bengali, Bedo (Devanagari), Dogri (Devanagari), Maithili (Devanagari), Santali (Devanagari or olchiki), Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Persian, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Sindhi (Devanagari or Arabic Script), Tamil, Telugu, Urdu.
2nd October 2012, 10:30 PM
vetdoc.01

Smile Re: How many subjects we have to take in IAS exam?

Quote:
For language papers any of indian languages but only one has to selected in which 2 papers will be asked.

List of Optional subjects for the Civil Services Main Examinationyou have to choose any two)
Anthropology
Geography
Political Science & International Relations
Chemistry
History
Commerce & Accountancy
Management
Psychology
Mathematics
Public Administration
Economics
Mechanical Engg
Sociology
Electrical Engg.
Physics
Zoology
Medical Science
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Botany
Civil Engineering
English Literature
Geology
Law
Philosophy
Statistics

The following combinations of Main Optionals are NOT permitted by the U.P.S.C. for the Civil Services Examination:
1. Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
2. Anthropology and Sociology
3. Commerce & Accountancy and Management
4. Management and Public Administration
5. Mathematics and Statistics
6. Political Science & International Relations and Public Administration
7. Any two Engineering subjects (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical)
8. Medical Science and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science

So in total including CSAT a candidate has to appear 10 papers (1-CSAT & 9-Optional).
good luck
3rd October 2012, 12:42 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Cool Re: How many subjects we have to take in IAS exam?

Hello dear,
Yes, definitely you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination after completing your Graduate course to become IAS Officer, IAS stands for Indian Administrative services and to become IAS you need to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted by UPSC, every year and the notification will be published in the employment Newspaper or in the official UPSC website.

When the notification Published online registrations was already started and eligible candidates fill the application form online from the official website of UPSC, Graduation is the minimum requirement to apply for this examination, final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted in these 2 stages, preliminary examination and Main examination.

Firstly, you have to cracked the preliminary examination, this examination is objective one and there are two papers in this examination and you have to appear for both papers in same day. If you cracked this examination, you are eligible for Mains. For Civil service examination, you need to choose two optionals for Mains exam.

To be eligible for this exam, you must in the age group 21-30 yrs (relaxation for reserved category). Number of attempts are also limited, 4 for general, 6 for OBC, while SC/ST no limit.

Notification is going to be published soon next year in Month of February, if you are interested then please apply for this examination online, when notification Published.

You have to prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus, you can collect syllabus from the previous notifications from the official website.

If you need more details then please visit the official website of UPSC.
13th February 2013, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

i m in b.a part 2, political science honrs,
i want to beame an ips officer,
i can't uderstand from where i strt my prepration?
sir please guide me
19th July 2013, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

me ias ka exam hindi me dena chati hu to uske liae preliminary exam me kon kon se sub.. hote he or kon kon si hindi book hoti he
14th August 2013, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

hai sir gd afternun please send me the pattern of prelims and mains examination and how much time we have to face the interview?
23rd May 2018, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

I am 12th pass out.
I am totally confused what exactly is this UPSC CSE.

I just want you to clear some of my doubts--
1. Prelims is only about MCQs and we are not needed to take any subjects?
2. In Mains we should take only 2subjects but why they are called #optional? I am not understanding. Only these 2 are the subjects we have to write know??
5th June 2018, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have some question but plz first confirm me how i can solve my english speaking ?
If you want to solve your English speaking then first strong your vocabulary (meaning). Write important meaning,things which is around you learn spelling's of things and note in your notes so that use at a instant time .At sleeping time talk himself with in English
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?