8th September 2012, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

How many times can I appear in GATE?

how many times can i appear in gate as i heard that it is two times..is it true or wrong?

9th September 2012, 06:53 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many times can I appear in GATE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how many times can i appear in gate as i heard that it is two times..is it true or wrong?
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and this examination is conducted for those who are interested to Join Engineering or Technology courses after his graduation and Post graduation. This examination is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the National Coordination Board.

This examination conducted every year and for this year Examination notification was already published and the online registrations was also started.

There is no attempt and age eligibility criteria is mentioned in the official websites of GATE, So you can attempt for GATE Examination many times, but the examination is conducted only 1 times in a year.

The application form fees for General candidates is Rs 1200 and for female candidates the fees of GATE Examination is Free.

When you fill online application form then you can use only 1 e-mail address.

You can pay the fees during the ONLINE application process by choosing one of the following options:

-->> Online Payment: Net banking
-->> Challan Payment: Payment by cash at any branch of Canara Bank or State Bank of India.

When you apply online you have to Upload photograph, signature, and supporting documents.

If you have completed your 4 years of engineering course or Master degree course, then you can apply for GATE. Final year appearing candidates also apply for GATE 2013 Examination.

For complete details about GATE Examination please click here
9th September 2012, 08:33 PM
saurav5858

hello friend
There is nothing mentioned about number
of attempts one can make in GATE exam.
That is the best thing and there is no age
limit too. As of now, the organizers don’t
maintain the database of student taking
GATE exam and use it to verify that every
time.
The bottom line is you can make as many
attempts to GATE exam as you want. There
is no limit on number of attempts in
eligibility for GATE exam. so get your degree in any attempt...
9th September 2012, 08:45 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

GATE - GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING is an entrance exam conducted every year jointly by IIT and Indian Institute of Science for admission to M.Tech. courses.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed B.Tech. in any stream from a recognised University. The final year B.Tech. student is also eligible to apply for GATE.

There is no age limit for application to GATE and one can appear as many as times for GATE as there is no restriction to number of attempts to GATE.

The can be applied on line by paying requisite fees for examination which is free for Female candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in
9th September 2012, 08:59 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) examination is conducted only once in every year by the management of Seven IIT and IISc for the admission in the M.Tech program. For GATE-2013 examination the advertisement is already published and the online registration is running. The last date for online registration is 30th September.

To appear in the GATE-2013 examination you need a degree in the engineering field. Final year candidates can also appear in the GATE-2013 examination.

NOTE :~ As per the new rules and regulation the pre-final year candidates are not eligible for the GATE examination.

As per your question there are no limit for appear in the GATE examination. So you can appear in the GATE examination unlimited times you want.

Nice to see your interest in the field of the GATE examination. If you are interested in the GATE examination and want to appear in the GATE examination then don't worry about the no. of attempt. You need only satisfy the educational qualification. Also there is no age criteria for appearing in the GATE examination.

The details information regarding the GATE-2013 examination is published on the official website So, visit the official website :~ http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate2013/
9th September 2012, 10:03 PM
incredibleshub

There is nothing mentioned about number of attempts one can make in GATE exam. That is the best thing and there is no age limit too. As of now, the organizers don’t maintain the database of student taking GATE exam and use it to verify that every time.

The bottom line is you can make as many attempts to GATE exam as you want. There is no limit on number of attempts in eligibility for GATE exam.

All the best
9th September 2012, 10:05 PM
incredibleshub

There is nothing mentioned about number of attempts one can make in GATE exam. That is the best thing and there is no age limit too. As of now, the organizers don’t maintain the database of student taking GATE exam and use it to verify that every time.

The bottom line is you can make as many attempts to GATE exam as you want. There is no limit on number of attempts in eligibility for GATE exam.

All the best
9th September 2012, 10:39 PM
ravichandran_p

The next question is about age limit for attempting GATE exam. I think there is no age limit either for appearing in GATE exam. I was referring to the GATE 2011 online application form. Exam seekers born during 1940 to 1995 are eligible to appear for the exam if the fulfill other eligibility conditions mentioned.
9th September 2012, 11:11 PM
jayks

Hi friend..

There is no restriction for number of attempts. you can apply number of time

But Normally,students prefer to write first time when they are in final year of graduation and later 2-3 times.
I feel when you complete graduation and then appear in the next year that is the most important attempt because ur preparation will be at peak.

Eligibility

Note:-But if u qualify, GATE scorecard is only valid for 1 years from 2012 onword.

good luck
16th September 2012, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

some of my friends told that Gate Exam is attended only for 2 times in life....pzl inform me
17th September 2012, 01:18 AM
kreddy0

there is no restructions for the gate exam
u can apply no of times,
for gate u can take the cotching centers
best cotching centers in india
ACE
TIMES
fee in these cotching centers
15000 to 2000 for year(long term or short term)
thank you
regards
18th September 2012, 06:38 PM

#)There is no restriction for applying for gate in the sense of number of times applied

#)You need to satisfy the eligibility criteria,They states that the applicant should complete the graduation or he should be in the final year of graduation,But candidate of pre-final year are not eligible.

#)For any other details follow the link belowhttp://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate2013/contact-details/

#)For additional details contact me at [email protected]
18th September 2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
some of my friends told that Gate Exam is attended only for 2 times in life....pzl inform me
#)This is not true,To clear your doubt you can get in contact with higher officials of Gate organizers through following link[URL="http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate2013/contact-details/"]http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate2013/contact-details/[/URL]

#)Your score is valid for only two years,Your friend might have said that thing
19th September 2012, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

for applying in any PSU how many times you can give GATE exam....?
26th September 2012, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

how many times can i write gate exam ?
13th May 2013, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

I qualifide gate this year.if i will get less marks than previous year or if i wouldn't qualify 2nd time which rank wil u consider either previous or 2nd attempt?
24th July 2013, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

sir I m final year student pl tell me i have only two chance to give gate exam when I pass out &next year
29th July 2013, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

During selection for seat allotment in m-tech, will our marks obtained in our b-tech semistars are requiried?
30th July 2013, 03:21 AM
kalyan90kashyap

Dear friend,
I would like to inform you that there is no limitation on number of attempt for appear in GATE. You can attempt as many times as you wishes.
30th July 2013, 03:30 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

There is no limit no the number of attempts for the GATE exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. The candidates will be given admission for M.tech. This exam will be conducted once in a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

The candidate should have complete Graduation no Engineering with any stream from any recognized university.

Candidate who are pursuing final year of Graduation course in Engineering can also apply for this exam.

Candidate who are pursuing pre final year of Engineering course are not eligible to apply for this exam.

There is no age criteria to appear for this exam.

One can apply for this exam at any age if he fulfill the required academic Criteria.

The candidate there is no limit of the number of attempts for the Gate exam.

For more details visit the website.
30th July 2013, 06:45 PM
inderjeetsunda

Smile Re: How many times can I appear in GATE?

hi
There is no Limit on number of Attempts you can appear in GATE Exam.
31st July 2013, 06:05 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend..........

There is no limit for the appearing of GATE exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. The Candidates will be given admission for M.tech. This exam will conducted once in a Year.

Eligibility Criteria:

One should have completed the Graduation in Engineering with any stream.

Candidate who are pursuing final year of Graduation course in Engineering can also apply for this exam.

Candidate who are pursuing prefinal year of Engineering course are not eligible to apply for this exam.

There is no age criteria to appear for this exam.

One can apply for this exam at any age if he fulfill the required academic criteria.

There is no limit on the number of attempts for GATE exam.

Subjects of Gate exam:

Aerospace Engineering

Agricultural Engineering

Architecture and Planning

Biotechnology

Civil Engineering

Chemical Engineering

Computer Science and Information Technology

Chemistry

Electronics and Communication Engg.

Electrical Engineering

Geology and Geophysics

Instrumentation Engineering

Mathematics

Mechanical Engineering

Mining Engineering

Metallurgical Engineering

Physics

Production and Industrial Engineering

Textile Engineering and Fibre Science

All the best.......
1st August 2013, 11:07 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering .

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department are applicable for GATE Exam.There is no marks criteria.

Final year of candidate are applicable for GATE Exam.But prefinal year candidate are not applicable for GATE exam.

There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

Quote:
There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply here maximum time.
List of the Top M-Tech college through GATE score -

IISc Bangalore
http://www.iisc.ernet.in

IIT Bombay
http://www.iitb.ac.in

IIT Guwahati
http://www.iitg.ernet.in

IIT Kanpur
http://www.iitk.ac.in
IIT Kharagpur
http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/

IIT Madras
http://www.iitm.ac.in

IIT Delhi
http://www.iitd.ernet.in/

IIT Roorkee
http://www.iitr.ac.in

TIFR
http://www.tifr.res.in

NIT Trichy
http://www.nitt.edu

NIT Warangal
http://www.nitw.ac.in.
2nd August 2013, 03:06 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

No you heard about the GATE Attempt is totally Wrong........!!!!

--->> GATE Stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test this exam is conducted by the one of the Indian Institute of Technology for getting admission in the higher study in the field of Technology/Engineering every year......

--->> Through the GATE exam you can go for the M.E (Master of Engineering)/M.Tech (Master of Technology) course, you can also get awarded with the MHRD Scholarship for your Study through Government....

--->> GATE score can also lead you to some good job placement inthe very reputed companies like BHEL, BEL,GAIL,SAIL,TATA,NTPL etc.....

Educational Qualification:-
====================

♦> A candidate who have completed their 4 years Bachelor degree in the Engineering filed can apply for the GATE Examination....

♦> A candidate after completing their M.Sc (Master of Science) can also eligible for applying this examination......

♦> While pursuing final year of Graduation degree in the format of 10+2+4 can also apply for it....

♦> There is No any Age limit for applying the GATE exam...

Quote:
There is also no any Attempt Limit for Applying the GATE exam, you can apply as many time as you wish.....

All the best

With Regards.....
DHARM
2nd August 2013, 04:17 PM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:
GATE stands for the graduate aptitude test in engineering
There is no restriction on the age and also no limit on the number of attempts for appearing for GATE.
2nd August 2013, 06:38 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Full Form Of GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. Those candidates who have completed B.Tech/B.E. are most likely to give the GATE Exam.

The Indian Institutes of Technology [IITs] and the Indian Institute Of Science - Bangalore together conduct the GATE Exam every year.

The Minimum educational qualification required for GATE Exam is B.Tech/B.E. in any stream from any recognized college/university.

However , candidates pursuing these course in the final year can also appear in the GATE Exam.

There is no any age upper limit for the GATE Exam however the minimum age limit is 18 years.

There is no fixation on the number of attempts for the GATE Exam. So you need not to worry about this.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

2nd August 2013, 11:02 PM
bevis
Member+

There is no limit for the appearing of GATE exam

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering

The Candidates will be given admission for M.tech

This exam will conducted once in a Year

Eligibility Criteria:

One should have completed the Graduation in Engineering with any stream

Candidate who are pursuing final year of Graduation course in Engineering can also apply for this exam

Candidate who are pursuing final year of Engineering course are not eligible to apply for this exam

There is no age criteria to appear for this exam

One can apply for this exam at any age if he fulfill the required academic criteria

There is no limit on the number of attempts for GATE exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?