9th July 2015, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

What is the process to be followed to join Indian Army after passing 10th standard?

Sir/Mam,

I cleared 10th last year and i do diploma but i want to join Indian army so what is the process? Can someone please let me know the complete information which I have to follow for it? Am looking forward to join Indian Army soon but I need the information for the same.

9th July 2015, 12:19 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the process to be followed to join Indian Army after passing 10th standard?

To join the Indian army first you have to qualify or passed in the 12th exam with physics and mathematics and after that you have to Crack the entrance exam of NDA and the qualification required is as-

>> candidate to be an Indian citizen and has the age 16.5-19 years.

>> candidate must have passed the 12th with physics and mathematics.

>> candidate to be physically fit have not any disability or eye correction should be 6/6 and have no colour blindness.

Selection process is-

Preliminary exam

Mains exam

SSB interview
9th July 2015, 01:00 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the process to be followed to join Indian Army after passing 10th standard?

No, you are not eligible to join the Indian Army on the 10th qualification. So you need at least the 10+2 to become eligible for the jobs in the Indian Army.

To join the Indian Army you need to clear the NDA examination the examination is conducted by the UPSC twice every year. The examination are conducted in the month of April and September.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is candidate must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board in any discipline. Candidate age must be between 16.5-19+ years. Only male unmarried candidate are eligible.

The examination is conduced in the two stages as the Written and the SSB. The written examination contain two paper of Mathematics and the General Aptitude. After qualifying in the written the candidate are eligible for the SSB where candidate have to go through the various testing procedure, interview, medical etc..

After that the candidate are given the proper training and then recruited as an officer in the Indian Army.

For more information visit at the www.upsc.gov.in. So first complete you 10+2 examination.
9th July 2015, 01:09 PM
aamras

NDA - National Defence Academy

>> Sorry, you cannot apply for Indian Army while pursuing your 10th standard or after completing your 10th standard. To do so, you have complete your 12th standard from a recognized Board or University or equivalent Otherwise you cannot apply.

>> After the completion of your Intermediate course, you can apply for Indian Army through NDA as NDA is the simplest way to join Indian Army.

>> Now, the question arises :

>> What is NDA ?
> NDA stands for National Defence Academy. NDA Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) two times in a year namely NDA I and NDA II. The examination is conducted only for unmarried male candidates to recruit them for the following wings as given below :-

• Indian Navy

• Indian Air Force

• Indian Air Force
You can choose any stream at 10+2 level as you have to apply for Indian Army. And, according to the eligibility criteria of Indian Army wing, you can choose any stream at 10+2.

>> What are the Eligibility Criteria ?
> The eligibility Criteria for Indian Army is given below :-

• Nationality : You must be an Indian Citizen.

• Gender and Martial Status : You must be an unmarried male candidate.

• Age limit : The age limit is 16.5 years to 19 years before 1st July of the year corresponding to the Examination. There is no any age relaxation for any caste.

• No. of attempts : There is no limitations in the number of attempts. A candidate can appear for the examination many times but within the age limits.

• Educational Qualifications : The candidate must have qualified his 12th standard examination with any stream from a recognized Board or University or equivalent.
9th July 2015, 03:10 PM
unique99

After passing 10th standard the process you are to follow:-

1.You are to complete 12th standard to join Indian Army wing through NDA.

2.NDA(National Defence Academy)entrance examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

3.Age: Minimum 16.5 years,Maximum 19 years within this range you are to apply.

3.Only male candidate can apply for this NDA,

4.Must be an unmarried Indian.

5.Eye Sight must be normal 6"/6" also free from colour blindness.

6.Height: Should be 157.5 cms.
9th July 2015, 04:15 PM
Atisher Bakshi

Red face Re: What is the process to be followed to join Indian Army after passing 10th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I cleared 10th last year and i do diploma but i want to join Indian army so what is the process? Can someone please let me know the complete information which I have to follow for it? Am looking forward to join Indian Army soon but I need the information for the same.
first go through the site indian army ,search there according to your qualification and see all the details needed for indian army and then you can go to any computer centre or youcan also fill your form online and fill all detail carefully as demanded
9th July 2015, 04:23 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

After completion of diploma course, you are eligible for Indian Army through NDA exam but you can not join Indian Army after 10th standard.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
9th July 2015, 04:46 PM
vickyhansi

You can not join Indian Army after 10th standard. Minimum qualification is 12th standard from a recognized university in any stream.

NDA exam stands for National Defense Academy which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year to join following:

Indian Army

Indian Navy

Indian Air Force

Officer Training Academy

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for NDA exam. If your age should be between 16.5-19 years , then you are eligible for NDA examination.

You must be in good physical and mental fitness and free from any diseases.

The Selection in NDA is based on Written Test followed by Personal Interview and Medical Test.
9th July 2015, 05:07 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Basic Eligibility:

Sorry to inform you this but clearing of 10+ examination will not help you to join Indian Army because minimum qualification that is required for Indian Army is passing of 10+2 from recognized board. After 10+2 you need to sit for NDA exam which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. Final year student can also apply for this exam.

Other Eligibility:

** Only unmarried male candidates are allowed to sit for an exam
** Candidate must be Indian citizen
** Age should be 16-19.5 years not more than that.
** Candidate must be physically fit

For Army Wing: Aspirants have to complete 10+2 with any stream with minimum 50% marks.

For Navy & Air Force: Aspirants have to complete 10+2 with science with minimum 55% marks having subject combination of PCM with English as a compulsory subject.

Selection is done on the basis of NDA entrance exam, interview and physical test.

For more information visit: http://indianarmy.nic.in/
9th July 2015, 05:28 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

It is not possible to join Indian Army right after passing 10th . For that you have to first complete your 12th class . After that you can apply for the NDA exam which makes recruitment in different wings of Indian Army .

NDA exam is conducted by UPSC ( Union Public Service Commission ) twice a year year with the name NDA I and NDA II .

NDA makes recruitment for three wings of Indian Army;

Indian Military Academy.

Indian Naval Academy.

Indian Air Force Academy.

The eligibility criteria required to apply for the NDA exam are as under :-

- The candidate must have citizenship of India .

-The candidate must have passed 10+2 in any discipline from a recognized board for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the NDA exam .

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards required to join NDA.

-The minimum height for a NDA candidate to join Indian Army should not be less than 157 cm.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 16.5 years to 19 years .

-The selection process involves of written examination followed by personal interview made by Service Selection Board.

-The Written exam constitutes of 2 subjects,

* Maths -300 marks

* General Ability Test-600 marks

The time duration for the written exam is 2.30 hours.
9th July 2015, 05:32 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

As diploma course is equivalent to senior secondary degree so you do not have to worry for eligibility for Indian Army on the basis of educational qualification.

Now to join Indian Army you will have to clear NDA examination.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and the same examination is held twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which are commonly called as Written examination and Service Selection Board interview.

The general eligibility criteria for appearing in this examination for Indian Army are as following:-

--> You must be an unmarried male resident of India.

--> Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19 years.

--> You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service norms.

--> You must have a senior secondary school degree or an degree equivalent to same with any discipline from a recognized institution.

Note :- There are two more wings of NDA which are Indian Navy and Indian Air force for which you must have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as your main subjects in your higher secondary school degree.

For more queries regarding the same examination log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
9th July 2015, 07:25 PM
Mohit.Bansal

For Join Indian army soon, you must have minimum 12th complete or equivalent like Diploma. You can join Indian army after 10th. So first of all complete 12th.
After 12th or while appearing in 12th you can apply for NDA exam that is conducted by UPSC twice in every year.
NDA exam is conducted for the posts in different sectors of Indian Defence-
1. Naval Wing
2. Air Force Wing
3. Army wing

Eligibility Criteria-
Educational Qualification- for Naval and Air Force wing you are required to complete 12th with science subjects like Maths, Physics and Chemistry. for Army Wing you need 12th in any stream from recognized college or University.

Age Limit- for NDA your age should be within 16.5 years to 19 years.

How To Apply?

you have to apply for the exam online on http://upsconline.nic.in/
9th July 2015, 10:43 PM
momtazz

After10th to join in Indian Army you are to follow:-

1.Complete your 12th final exam.from the recognized board.

2.Next you are to attend UPSC conducted NDA(National Defence Academy)entrance examination to join in Indian Army wing.

3.Your age should be within 16.5 years to 19 years.

4.Only Indian unmarried male candidate can do NDA entrance examination.

5.Eye sight should be normal 6"/6" and free from colour blindness.

6.Height should be not less than 157.5 cms.
9th July 2015, 10:59 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# As per your present educational qualification and your interest shown in join Indian Army, you are advised to participate in Open Recruitment Drives conducted by Indian Army from time to time.

# Presently you are not eligible for NDA Examination. At present only Open Recruitnent Drives are best suited to you.

# Required eligibility conditions are:

* Must be Indian national.
* Must have completed matriculation.
* Must be perfectly physically fit.

# The posts/positions offered in these Open Recruitment Drives are:

* Soldier General Duty (GD)
* Soldier Clerk
* Soldier Tradesmen

# Required age limit:

* 17.5-21 years for Soldier General Duty (GD)
* 17.5-21 years for Soldier Clerk
* 17.5-23 years for Soldier Tradesmen

# Required educational qualification:

* Matriculation for Soldier General Duty (GD)
* Intermediate for Soldier Clerk
* Matriculation for Soldier Tradesmen

# For more information, please visit official website of Indian Army which is http://www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?