4th March 2018, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

How much percentage is required in 12th HSC boards in order to enter medical field?

My boards are still going on, only 2 papers are left. And I guess I will get 70% or above in my 12th. So, are they enough to enter in any medical field? Please let me know as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. After passing 12th should I go to CET or not? How should I enter Biotech field after 12th? Percentage required in this field?
  2. Percentage required in 12th to enter into BHMS field on merit basis?
  3. Which course is best for me to enter into IT field after completing HSc with PCMB?
  4. Which one is better ISC or HSC after 10th boards?
  5. Minimum percentage required to get medical seat in 12th boards?
  6. What is the cutoff percentage required in 12th boards to get admission for B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can I get admission in any college in Maharashtra for MBBS? I have scored 87 percentile
  8. What should I study in 11th standard to build my career after completing 10th?
  9. Eligibility criteria to get a medical seat after 12th standard?
  10. Is there any scope to move to research side without doing M.Pharma?
  11. ISC or WBCHSE, which is better to study in HS for BTech(Mechanical Engineering) aspirant? -- [New]
  12. Is there any entrance exam to take admission in CA? What is the admission procedure for each group?
  13. In which field can I enter after scoring 64% in 12th science(biology)?
  14. Entrance exams that are to be answered to get into Medical Field after 12th?
  15. What is the required percentage in 12th class for medical entrance exam? I have completed 12th class by PMC
  16. What should I do to get a job of Astronomer in any of the Indian Space Organisations? What is the eligibility criteria required for the job?
  17. Best government Medical colleges in Patna? How much percentage is required in HSC to get admission in good Medical colleges?
  18. How much percentage is required in 12th commerce to enter NID? -- [Most Discussed]
11th March 2018, 10:35 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much percentage is required in 12th HSC boards in order to enter medical field?

To get admission in Medical course after completion of your 12th standard, you have to appear in Medical entrance examination conducted at National or State level. To be eligible to apply for Medical entrance examination, you should have at least 50% aggregate marks in your 12th standard. Since, you are going to secure 70% aggregate marks in your 12th standard then, by appearing, qualifying and scoring good marks in the entrance examination, you can easily get admission in Medical course.
11th March 2018, 12:37 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much percentage is required in 12th HSC boards in order to enter medical field?

1. To enter into medical field, a student must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology. These are compulsory subject for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery course and Bachelor of Dental Surgery course.

2. The minimum percentage of marks required to apply for MBBS entrance exam called NEET is 50% in 12th board exams. Your aim should be to score higher marks. Give your level best to secure more than 90% marks in remaining subjects so that your overall percentage of marks improves.
11th March 2018, 07:00 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

The percentage of marks required in Higher secondary board examination to enter into medical courses like:

Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.

BDS, BUMS, BAMS etc is 50% in 12th.

If you secure less than this much percentage then you can not apply for NEET exam for admission in different courses.
11th March 2018, 09:45 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

If you want to get admission in MBBS, BDS, BHMS etc. you have to appear for NEET.

To appear for NEET examination the required minimum qualification to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper with minimum 50%.

Aggregate in 12th does not matter to appear for NEET examination. So, you must prepare for examination as according to syllabus for examination.

For detail information about examination visit at http://www.cbseneet.nic.in.
12th March 2018, 09:25 PM
randhirk.rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My boards are still going on, only 2 papers are left. And I guess I will get 70% or above in my 12th. So, are they enough to enter in any medical field? Please let me know as soon as possible.
The minimum educational qualification required to apply for NEET Exams is senior secondary board passed or appearing for 10+2 board examination with biology stream(Physics, Chemistry and Biology) in 10+2. Minimum of 50% marks in 12th is required to apply for MBBS course.

The age limit for MBBS course is 17-25 years. If your age after completion of Bachelor of Science course is within this limit then you can surely apply for the examination of MBBS course. It is called NEET examination. NEET is conducted by CBSE for MBBS and BDS course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?