12th January 2017, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to get a job of Astronomer in any of the Indian Space Organisations? What is the eligibility criteria required for the job?

Respected Sir, I would like to work as an Astronomer in any of the Indian Space Organisation, I am pursuing B.Sc which I will be completing this year so I want to know what should I do to get a job of Astronomer in any of the Indian Space Organisation? What is the eligibility criteria required for the job? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the eligibility criteria required to get a job in the Indian Railways?
  2. What steps should I follow to become an Astronomer in any of the Indian Space Organisation after completing B.Sc?
  3. Space related job after ECE? Type of jobs available?
  4. How much money is required to become an astronomer?
  5. How can I get an IT department job? What is the eligibility criteria required to get the job?
  6. How can I become an astronomer after studying in class 10th?
  7. What is the eligibility criteria followed for getting job in PWD? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. What steps should I follow to become a Space Scientist? What is the eligibility criteria required to become a Space Scientist? -- [New]
  9. What is the eligibility criteria required to get a job in IT field?
  10. Can I apply for any post at ISRO after completion of MCA?
  11. How can I apply for a job in RBI after completing B.Com? What is the eligibility criteria required for the job?
  12. Eligibility criteria for job in Indian Embassy? Is it under government sector?
  13. How may I get a job? What's the eligibility criteria for the same?
  14. What is the qualification criteria required to get a job at Ticket counter in the Indian Railways?
  15. Eligibility to study Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering in Indian Institute of Aerospace Technology and Management for a candidate? Job opportunities through this Diploma course?
  16. How to get a railway job after completion of B.Com?
  17. How to become a Motor Vehicle and Engineering Industries Insurance Surveyor?
  18. Eligibility and age limit for JEST? Salary of Astronomer? Other ways to become Astronomer?
30th November 2017, 05:46 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to get a job of Astronomer in any of the Indian Space Organisations? What is the eligibility criteria required for the job?

Educational Qualification Required to become an Astronomer:

In order to become an Astronomer, you are required to do PhD in concerned stream to be eligible. For this, you are required to appear in Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) Examination.

>> In order to get into Astronomy field, you are first required do 12th Class in 10+2 pattern from a recognized board.

>> After completion of 12th Class, you must have completed Bachelor of Engineering in any of the below mentioned streams.
* Electrical Engineering
* Electronics and Communication Engineering

>> Candidates from B.E or B.Tech background can get into research field. So after successful completion of B.E you are required to do doctoral program in order to become an astronomer.

>> You must have good mathematical and computer skills, analytical skills, problem solving skills..etc.,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?