16th February 2011, 07:32 AM
Guru KM

How to prepare for Aptitude Test during 3rd year of Engineering?

how to prepare for aptitude tests as an 3rd year Information science Engineering student . What it mean actually ? what about my career in IT engineering .

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for aptitude test? List of books considered beneficial for preparation?
  2. What sort of preparation should be required for a 3rd year candidate to appear for Campus Interviews? Model Aptitude Question Papers for Campus Placements?
  3. How to prepare for Aptitude Test? Best book to prepare for Aptitude Exam? How to learn English? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How can I prepare for ICICI Bank NU MBA aptitude test? Sample question papers of the Aptitude test?
  5. Books to be referred for GET aptitude test examination
  6. What types of questions are asked in placements aptitude written test and HR interviews?
  7. Tips to prepare for aptitude test? Will it be useful for me if I go for GRE classes only for the aptitude test?
  8. How to prepare for aptitude test? List of books considered beneficial for preparation?
  9. Latest pattern of IBM GBS Off-Campus?
  10. How should i prepare for aptitude test for TCS?
  11. How can I prepare for Railway ASM aptitude test?
  12. Complete details of Cognizant Walkin rounds for freshers?
  13. Latest pattern of CTS written exam?
  14. How to prepare for aptitude test to apply for MNC companies?
  15. Detailed information about Lateral Engineering Entrance Test for Diploma in Computer Science Engineering 3rd year student?
  16. Is there negative marking allotment available in Infosys Off-campus Aptitude Test? Tips to prepare for this Aptitude Test?
  17. How to prepare for aptitude test? Are there any books which are recommended?
  18. How to get a software job in TCS? What is the preparation needed for getting the software job? -- [New]
4th March 2011, 06:34 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for Aptitude Test during 3rd year of Engineering?

Most companies conduct an aptitude test for recruiting suitable candidates. As part of it they are required to attempt questions in areas like Maths, Verbal ability and also logical reasoning. It is a must that the candidate have a good score in the same. You could purchase books for this from the market. There are various CAT and Bank PO exam preparation books which will be very useful for this purpose.
16th March 2011, 03:43 PM
aishwarya_r

APTITUDE TEST IS ONE OF THE PLACEMENT PROCEDURE FOLLOWED BY COMPANIES IN ORDER TO RECRUIT STUDENTS. IT CAN BE A WRITTEN TEST OR AN ONLINE TEST WITH CERTAIN RULES AND TIME BOUND. ALONG WITH MATHS, REASONING IT MAY ALSO CONTAIN TECHNICAL QUESTIONS OF C,C++,OS etc. FOR GENERAL APTITUDE TEST U CAN REFER THE FOLLOWING BOOKS:
QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE BY R.S.AGGARWAL
A MODERN APPROACH TO VERBAL AND NONVERBAL REASONING BY R.S.AGGARWAL
TEST YOUR C SKILLS BY YASHAVANT KANETKAR
WORD POWER MADE EASY BY NORMAN LEWIS
MORE PUZZLES BY SHAKUNTALA DEVI
16th June 2011, 08:37 AM
Unregistered

i lost 6 out of 8 paper in my third semester b.tech degree exam, is there any meaning to continue. i now wrote 4th sem and am going to loss more.
30th June 2011, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

i am cse student of 3rd yr.i want to know how much probability that i can get a job within kolkata in on-campusing.
3rd July 2011, 10:01 PM

hi..............
for preparing aptitude test...........
follow.......
quantitative aptitude...rs agrawal
arihant series
time,ims study material
13th July 2011, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

hai i m pursuing my b.tech 3rd year(e.c.e) now i want to get a govt job after my 4th year can anybody please helpme how to go on? whts the procedure? wht i have to do and more plz
my email id: [email protected]
21st July 2011, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

how to prepar for bank exams in short time
31st July 2011, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

what are the extra courses should an ECE students can do from 3rd year
6th October 2011, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

I am a cse 3rd year student. we have totally no placement in our campus. so please tell me how can i get a good job after my 4th year.
7th November 2011, 10:31 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

To prepare for the aptitude test while you are in your 3rd year of Engineering , you can buy yourself a book named :

R.S Aggarwal - Quantitative Aptitude.

This has got a huge collection of questions from every possible type, and the more you practice them when you are free, the more command you would start gaining in your aptitude and reasoning abilities.

These are asked very often in the campus placement drives by companies like : Infosys, TCS, Accenture, Wipro, HCL etc.

All the best.
18th November 2011, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

if i am fail in apptitude test then i am not able for job in any company if i passed out my engineering with 73%
1st December 2011, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

hi,
i'm 3rd uear mechanical student and i want to know hw prepare for placement interview???
2nd December 2011, 12:21 PM
akashcg02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru KM View Post
how to prepare for aptitude tests as an 3rd year Information science Engineering student . What it mean actually ? what about my career in IT engineering .
You can surely take up IT ENGINEERING as your career, and to prepare for aptitude tests, please do refer R.S.AGGARWAL'S QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE book.. which is very much beneficial.
6th January 2012, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

Is there any ebook of R.s Agarawal. if have then give me link please.
6th January 2012, 11:37 AM
mypd67

Hello aishwarya if you have any ebook links of R.S agrawal sir then please share.
6th January 2012, 04:17 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for Aptitude Test during 3rd year of Engineering?

Hi

Aptitude is the Ability of a candidate to think. It is basically to test the reasoning, thinking, analyzing abilities of a person.

So in India, Almost All the post graduation entrance exams would have a section on the testing of the Aptitude of the applicant.

So these days it is very necessary to prepare for it besides your normal studies.

The Best book for the preparations of the Aptitude is considered the R.S. Aggarwal Quantitative Aptitude.

The book looks like this ::

So buy these books, and they have enough matter and questions in them to make you an expert if you solve them all.

Apart from this, always keep your mind everywhere, thinking, analyzing things, situations, persons you meet, about everything. In short be as curious as you can.

Coming to your career in IT, I should say that your future is very bright. The IT industry has been growing and it required a lot of professionals.

You should have the right knowledge, smartness, and presence of mind with a good personality. You would be able to make your mark everywhere you go.

So always give your best.

Regards
#RJ#
25th March 2012, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

I am third year comp Engg student.I am using R.S Aggarwal book for aptitude preparation,Is it sufficient.And I am getting confuse between the choice during multiple choice questions.Please guide me.
20th February 2013, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

R.s agarwal book contains mostly mathematical reasoning part dan wt bout logical reasoning suggest sum gud books for dt as well?
14th August 2014, 08:20 AM
Unregistered

Now I am 3rd year mechanical engineering student.how to tackle core companies.what are all the preparation we have to do from now itself. Good books to tackle optitude tests.
Now a days placing in core companies becoming harder, please give some tips.thanku
4th March 2015, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

I am 3year B Tech IT student i need to prepare for aptitude skill questions,please if anyone has R.S Aggarwal eBook share the link.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?