7th December 2011, 09:46 AM
R.s.praba

How to prepare for GATE Exam?

how to prepare gate exam

7th December 2011, 01:19 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for GATE Exam?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This exam is being conducted by Indian Institute of Science and 7 IIMs (Indian Institute of Management)

The minimum eligibility with which a candidate can appear for this GATE Exam is by having Graduation in Engineering from a recognized university.

Candidates who are in the final year of Engineering are also eligibile to apply for this exam.

Here I am providing you some of the guidelines to prepare for this exam.

-Give priority to the topics. Try to complete the difficult subjects first if you have more preparation time for the exam and vice versa.

-Try to practice various model question papers and previous year question papers for GATE Exam. The more practice you have, the less time it will take less time for you to answer the questions which will benefit you in getting good rank.

-Try to purchase GATE Questions and Answers books. Pursue various topics and practice problems well. Be strong enough in calculations. Try to be accurate in calculations.

-Have good preparation early in the morning every day which is the best time to pursue.

For more information on GATE Exam, you can visit,
http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/
7th December 2011, 02:51 PM
prashant more

The time for preparation I would say, the minimum should be atleast 3-4 months(depends on the person's technical skills & time devoted to subjects each day). I have seen persons who score good during their engineering period, crack GATE easily even after 2 months preparation, giving 6-8 hours a day for preparation.

But yes even if a person is not very sound in technical, he or she can do well in GATE if a person is dedicated towards it and prepares honestly for 9-10 months in IES Made Easy or any other good institute.

All the best !! May you get into the desired college.

Regards,
prashant
7th December 2011, 05:37 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
GATE exam is conducted every year and the aspirants are appearing in the branches they did their bachelor degree in engineering. And it is more or less similar to the exam that we face during our semester only difference is that the question paper contains questions from all the subjects that we have studied.
General tips for preparing for the exam.
1. Listen to the class and understand the concepts so that you will not need to spend more time in the future.
2. Do not neglect any topic while preparing for the exam.
3. Refer previous years question papers.
4. Analyse different types of problems . Do not give read to the problems work it out.
5. Refer more books while preparing for your exams .
Things to be followed on the day of exam and the previous day
1. Do not do late night study.
2. Get us soon in the morning and prepare for the exam if needed.
3. Plan yourself to reach the exam centre before atleast half am hour to avoid tension
4. Do not get tensed during the exam . Read questions calmly and then proceed answering. If needed you can do meditation before the start of exam.
5. Answer the question for which you know correct answer as wrong answers will lead to negative marking and reduce your marks.
All the best. Do well
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?