12th April 2011, 11:51 AM
abhi proxy

How to prepare for IAS after Electronics and communication engineering?

i m electronics and communication engineering student,how i should i prepare for IAS exam ? is there any question paper for electronics in that exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Best books for preparation for IAS for B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering student?
  2. How to prepare for IAS after Electronics and communication engineering?
  3. How to prepare for IAS exam after doing B.Tech from electronics and communication
  4. How to prepare for IAS? I am pursuing BE with ECE stream. What can I do to crack IAS exam?
  5. How to prepare for IAS exam after passing Electronics Engineering?
  6. How should I prepare for government job after completing B.Tech in electronics and communication
  7. How to become an IAS officer after Engineering (ECE)? how to prepare and subjects to study? Is it necessary to join IAS academy to prepare? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Can I apply for IAS after completing B.Tech in electronics and communication engineering
  9. Can I apply for IAS after completing B.Tech in electronics and communication engineering
  10. Difference between electronics and communication and electronics, telecommunication and electronics engineering?
  11. ECE specialization is available in MS or not?
  12. Which branch of engineering to select after completion of 12th standard? -- [New]
  13. Test for Engineering Assistant in Doordarshan? How to prepare for this job?
  14. Which IAS subject will be suitable for ECE Engineering Student?
  15. Which is the best Post graduate degree after B.Tech in ECE for government job?
  16. How to prepare for GATE entrance exam? I am a student of electronics and communication engineering of 3rd semester
  17. How to do higher studies after pursuing B.Tech in ECE?
  18. ME in electronics and communication engineering after msc electronics
12th April 2011, 02:43 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS after Electronics and communication engineering?

Hello friend,
IAS exam will comprise of two written exam stages.
Preliminary exam- The preliminary exam, also known as Civil Service Aptitude Test, will be based on the following syllabus and both the papers will be compulsory.
Paper 1
Current events of national and international importance
History of India and Indian national movement
Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change
General science.

Paper 2
Comprehension
Interpersonal skills including communication skills
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level),
Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level)
English language comprehension skills (Class X level)

After qualifying the Preliminary exam/CSAT, you will have to appear for the Main exam, which is based on the following syllabus.

The compulsory subjects
One Indian language, English, Essay and General studies.
Optional papers
Agriculture Mathematics, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Mechanical Engineering Botany, Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics, Commerce,Political Science ,Economics ,Psychology, Electrical Engineering, Public Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian,History, Zoology,Law.

You will have the choice to select any two subjects from the optional papers.
You can not select the following combination of subjects
Political Science & International Relations and Public Administration
Commerce and Management
Anthropology and Sociology
Maths and Statistics
Agriculture and Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Management and Public Administration
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science
Any two branches of engineering

Therefore,as per the syllabus, you do get a paper of Electrical Engineering in the Main exam but you will need to select one more paper which should not belong to engineering Branch.

For further information, you may refer to the official website of UPSC.
12th April 2011, 08:19 PM
piyush121

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for IAS after Electronics and communication engineering?

HELLO SIR,

IAS is the exam conducted by UPSC for civil services.It requires tough preparation and you need to spend huge hours for studying.

You should join a coaching class for your good preparation as there you will get a correct environment.You also need to have a good command on your subject, have a good knowledge of current affairs and extremely good GENERAL KNOWLEDGE.You should also be prepared for group discussion and personal interview after you qualify the written which is considered the toughest interview.

So start your preparation from now onwards and i hope you do well in it and go through it.

ALL THE BEST
13th April 2011, 02:27 AM
babydoll

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS after Electronics and communication engineering?

Hi!
As you know for appearing for the IAS exam you must need to have graduate. So after completion of engineering you are eligible for writing IAS exam. Now as you are pursuing engineering you can start preparation for the IAS exam. You can take coaching for it as they guide you better for the exam. Also you can start solving the R.S.Aggarwals Quantitative aptitude and reasoning.
But i suggest you that now semester paper are more important for you as compared to the IAS, as because if you get backlogs then this will be trouble for you. so better to concentrate on B.Tech and after completion you can start preparation for IAS examination.
14th April 2011, 06:38 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for IAS after Electronics and communication engineering?

Hello as you asked about the preparation of the Examination..

according to me

Preparation for IAS can be done in different way according to the tastes and preference of the individual

each and every individual will have different methods and techniques to achieve their respective goals..

but very important fact is all the plans will have the following main qualities..

-> You should strongly determine towards your goal..

-> You should be well aware of what the syllabus and pattern..

-> You should also be hard working and also a smart planner of the preparation..

-> you should make smart plans according to the time available for the exam

As you are of the Electronics back ground

you will have a engineering subject relating to it

you just prepare for civils along with it then you will definitely

get a good result..

regards

~aditya~
20th May 2011, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

ppl....i have just completed my 2...so what i was planning is that in engineering time that is in four years time just be perfect with general knowledge of india and international scale and just improve your english and regional language and after completion of your engineering join one coaching institute and then complet rest all topics for prelims and mains..whay do you say ppl???
22nd June 2011, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

i m an electronics & comm. student .......n i know in ias's main exam one subject related to my branch exist that is electrical...........in electrical which subject include..........please tel me................sothat i startt my preparation
25th June 2011, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

hey, i am doing btech , and had just copleted my 1st year...so plz tell me at what part of my sylabus i should concentrate much?
and hw much time it is necessary fr me to study.....??
25th June 2011, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare preliminary exam?pls give the complete details.
9th July 2011, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

can i take any branch from engineering and prepare for ias ? i have passed 10 2 exam now and looking forward to B.E. akansha
21st July 2011, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

which optional subjects in main should be prefered by an electronics and communication engg. graduate and why?
25th August 2011, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

in the ias syllabus electronics and communication engineering is not included what should i do?
24th September 2011, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

i am btech ec student i want to know about syllabus of physics and electrical eng
18th October 2011, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

i am B.E electronics and communication engineering i would like to the syllabus for ias preliminary
20th October 2011, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: How to prepare for IAS after Electronics and communication engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll View Post
hi!
As you know for appearing for the ias exam you must need to have graduate. So after completion of engineering you are eligible for writing ias exam. Now as you are pursuing engineering you can start preparation for the ias exam. You can take coaching for it as they guide you better for the exam. Also you can start solving the r.s.aggarwals quantitative aptitude and reasoning.
But i suggest you that now semester paper are more important for you as compared to the ias, as because if you get backlogs then this will be trouble for you. So better to concentrate on b.tech and after completion you can start preparation for ias examination.
best of luck
10th March 2012, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

sir
i want to know that i am a student of b.tech ece...so how to prepare ias exam
13th March 2012, 05:58 PM
masuka123

If you have completed the Graduation in any stream then you are eligible for the IAS or IPS Exam.If not first complete your graduation in any stream after that you can fill the form. The Civil Service Exam is Conducted by the UPSC each year twice. You can select your interested subject in many of the subjects. The fees of filling form is minimum is as 50 Rs. There is no any fees for ST/SC and PH candidates. For further information regarding IAS/ IPS exam and can get previous year paper of same you can visit UPSC official website www.upsc.gov.in

The Important books of UPSC IAS/IPS are as follow :-
6th May 2012, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

if i choose a paper is electrical and other paper is what n how can i select?
14th November 2012, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

how many paper in upsc exam?????
7th October 2013, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Sir, am studying btech 2nd year how can i plan nd study related to i.a.s exam
21st February 2014, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

my branch is electronics and computer science engineering...what should i do for ias preperation..??
5th August 2014, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

sir now i completed BE in electronics..... bt during BE i have backlogs.... is that a problem to attempt for IAS??????
6th October 2014, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

without joining any classes can I prepare IAS exam ? I am perusing in BE electronic and telecommunication field..
6th February 2015, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of ece so in IAS exam can I take part in this examination because in IAS exam there is no subject from ece.
26th February 2016, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

sir i juzz want to know that there are only 170 seats. what would happen with rest of the participents who have already clear the mains exams and didn't select in interview??
10th June 2017, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

Which is the best branch for btech keeping in mind I wish to appear for civil services exams furthur
17th June 2018, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Completed my btech in electronics and communication engineering which subject I choose optional subject can be explain sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?