18th September 2012, 11:47 AM
bains sandeep singh

How to prepare for IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in IT stream?

I am the student of b.tech final year in it trade. I will get degree in 2013 and after that i want to become an ips officer so how can i prepare for my exam ?????????

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for IPS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Com? Which Books to prepare for this Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Which Jobs are correct choice for me being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech course in ECE stream?
  3. Which Companies I can prefer for Job Opportunities being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech in ECE stream? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How should I start my preparation to become an IPS being a candidate pursuing final year of BE?
  5. Which stream is better for pursuing MS degree? I am a final year B.Tech(ECE) student
  6. How to prepare for IT jobs after pursuing B.Tech in ECE stream?
  7. How to prepare for M.Tech to get seat in NITs pursuing final year of my B.Tech?
  8. How should I prepare myself for Fundamentals and further process to do ICWAI being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech course?
  9. How to prepare for IAS/IPS exam after pursuing B.Tech degree in IT stream?
  10. List of available Jobs for me in Government sector being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech with CSE stream with an aggregate of 68%?
  11. How to go for higher studies after pursuing B.Tech CSE final year
  12. Best courses to do being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech in IT?
  13. How can I prepare for IPS entrance exam? I am studying MCA final year -- [New]
  14. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Engineering in IT stream?
  15. Which subjects should I choose to become an IPS officer? I am pursuing MBA final semester now
  16. How to build my Resume being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech?
  17. What extra course should I do for getting a advantage over others? I am pursuing B.Tech(final year) with IT stream
  18. Study material to prepare for scientist/engineer post exam? I am pursuing B.Tech final year
18th September 2012, 03:30 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in IT stream?

If you want to become IPS officer then this is the time when you start preparing for it. You will have to prepare for the Civil Service Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

IPS officer has very important role in maintaining law and order. An IPS officer has to control riots at the same time provide security cover to VIP guests. The IPS officer is also a key memeber of various anti terror operations especially in bordering areas and the naxal affected areas. Although mainly CRPF and BSF carries out these operations, IPS officers also join them for various operations.

Eligibility

>> To appear for Civil Service Examination you must be Indian.

>> A graduation degree in any disciple is required.

Age Limit

>> Age limit for Civil Service Exam is 21 to 30 years.

>> OBC - 21 to 33 years

>> SC/ST - 21 to 35 years

Exam Pattern

There are two stages of Civil Service Examination

1) Preliminary Exam

There are two papers in Preliminary Exams

>> General Studies - 150 marks

>> Optional Subject - 300 marks

How to Prepare

It is important that you keep yourself updated with current affairs. Watch a lot of news and read newspaper. Make sure you are not missing out on any major event.

The best book to prepare for general knowledge questions is - General Knowledge Refresher by O.P. Khanna.

For subjects like history, economics etc, you should refer to NCERT books of Class 11th and 12th.

You should work on your command over English language at the same time read Business and Politics magazines to prepare for the General studies paper.

For the optional paper you will have to select a subject. It could be subject related to your bachelor course which would be B.Tech in IT. However only do you if you are confident of performing well in it.

The other option which a lot of people prefer is taking subject like Geography or History. This subject helps them score good marks in Preliminary exam.

2) Main Exam

Only when the candidate passes the preliminary exam, he can appear for main examination. There are total of 9 papers in the Main Exam.

This first two papers belongs to Indian language and English. Third paper is related to essay, while paper 4 and 5 would be general studies. For the remaining 4 papers you would have to select 2 optional subjects.

How To Prepare

In the main exams there would be two essay papers. First for the Indian language and second one for English. Therefore you should start reading a lot of essays. You can buy an essay book to do that. There are various websites online dedicated to essays. You can also look into them.

Writing essay in Indian language would not be much of the issue for some but English definitely would be. Therefore like I mentioned earlier, strong English language skills are required. You can write essays and ask any of your friend with good english to check them out.

The English language paper is just a qualification paper. The marks of this paper would not be added to your tally. Anyone who has studied in English medium school would not find it difficult to clear this exam. The English paper consists:

(i) Comprehension of given passages.

(ii) Precis Writing

(iii) Usage and Vocabulary

(iv) Short Essay

Same is the story for Indian Language paper. The score would not add to your total. The basic idea behind this paper is also to check your command over the regional Indian language. You have the option to choose any of the following languages:

Assamese

Bengali

Gujarati

Hindi

Kannada

Kashmiri

Konkani

Marathi

Malayalam

Manipuri

Nepali

Oriya

Punjabi

Sanskrit

Sindhi

Tamil

Telugu

Urdu

The two optional papers you have to choose should not be an problem now since I have already written about it. It makes sense to choose one subject which you also choose for the preliminary exam. Since you have already prepared for it, there would be much less load on you. For the second paper, choose the subject which you find to be easy. Below is the list of subjects out of which you would have to choose subjects in both preliminary and main exam.

Agriculture

Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science

Botany

Chemistry

Civil Engineering

Commerce

Economics

Electrical Engineering

Geography

Geology

Indian History

Law

Mathematics

Mechanical Engineering

Medical Science

Philosophy

Physics

Political Science

Psychology

Public Administration

Sociology

Statistics

Zoology
18th September 2012, 07:53 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to prepare for IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in IT stream?

hi....!!!!

-->The Indian Police Service simply known as Indian Police or IPS, is one of the three All India Services civil services of the Government of India.

-->In 1948, a year after India gained independence from Britain, the Imperial Police (IP) was replaced by the Indian Police Service.

-->The IPS is not a law enforcement agency; rather it is a civil service in which officers are selected on the basis of professional merit as proven by competitive examinations, and to which all senior police officers are professionally identified.

-->Police officers are employed by the police departments of respective states of India.

Details of IPS:-

Course Name:-

Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention Systems v5.0 (see IPS/HIPS)

Course Description:-

Course Fee: $2,795.00

Given an example of Cisco's defense in depth, the learner will explain how Cisco IPS protects network devices from attacks. Given an IPS sensor appliance, the learner will install the appliance in the network and initialize it. Use IDM to configure basic sensor settings. The learner will use IDM to configure built-in signatures to meet the requirements of a given security policy.

Associated Certification:-
CCSP

Number of Days:-
5 days,Classroom

Who should Attend:-
Channel Partner / Reseller
Customer
Employee

Course Content:-

Given an example of Cisco's defense in depth, the learner will explain how Cisco IPS protects network devices from attacks. Given an IPS sensor appliance, the learner will install the appliance in the network and initialize it. Use IDM to configure basic sensor settings. The learner will use IDM to configure built-in signatures to meet the requirements of a given security policy. The learner will describe the functions of signature engines and their parameters. The learner will use IDM to tune and create signatures to meet the requirements of a given security policy. Given a scenario, the learner will use IDM to tune a sensor to work optimally in the network. Given a scenario, the learner will use the Monitoring Center for Security and Cisco Threat Response to maximize alarm management efficiency. The learner will explain blocking concepts and use IDM to configure blocking for a given scenario. The learner will install the NM-CIDS in a router and initialize it. The learner will install the module in a Cisco Catalyst 6500 Switch and initialize it. The learner will use a Cisco Catalyst 6500 Switch to capture network traffic for intrusion prevention analysis. The learner will install and recover the sensor software image and perform service pack and signature updates. The learner will use the CLI and IDM to verify system configuration.

Prerequisites:-

Students who attend this advanced course must have experience in configuring Cisco IOS software and have met the following prerequisites: Certification as a CCNA or the equivalent knowledge. Basic knowledge of the Windows operating system Familiarity with the networking and security terms and concepts.

Couse Outline:-

Lesson 1 Course Introduction Lesson
Lesson 2 Security Fundamentals Lesson
Lesson 3 Intrusion Prevention Overview Lesson
Lesson 4 Getting Started with the IDS Command Line Interface Lesson
Lesson 5 Using IDM Lesson
Lesson 6 Basic Sensor Configuration Lesson
Lesson 7 Cisco Intrusion Detection System Alarms and Signatures Lesson
Lesson 8 Signature Engines Lesson
Lesson 9 Signature Configuration Lesson
Lesson 10 Sensor Tuning Lesson
Lesson 11 Alarm Monitoring and Management Lesson
Lesson 12 Blocking Configuration Lesson
Lesson 13 Cisco Intrusion Detection System Network Module Lesson
Lesson 14 Intrusion Detection System Module Configuration Lesson
Lesson 15 Capturing Network Traffic for Intrusion Detection Systems Lesson
Lesson 16 Sensor Maintenance Lesson
Lesson 17 Verifying System Configuration

Physical Requirements:-

-you should be physically fit.

-your eyesight should be 6/6.

-Chest:-
Male:-minimum 84 cm expansion
Female:-min 79 expansion

-Nasal:-
candidate should not stammer while speaking.

-no color blindness or night blindness should be there.

-Height:-
Male-165cm
Female:-150cm

-age limit is 21 years minimum.

-Relaxation is there for SC/OBC/ST.

Following are the books for IPS

-->for more information you can call on the following no.:-
Call for info: 949-477-2000

-->you can also visit:
-
www.upsc.gov.in

all the best....go ahead and work hard!!!

Regards
Guri Kaur
15th June 2014, 06:16 AM
Unregistered

What the preliminary and main exam general studies are same
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?