5th June 2012, 08:46 AM
ajay pandey_1988

Can I get Job in Custom or Excise Department having completed B.Com and CA Inter?

can i get job in custom or excise deptt? i have completed B.Com and CA Inter in may2010.

Related Questions:
  1. How to get job in Custom and excise department after B.Com and CMA?
  2. What kind of job can I get after passing CS final? I am 22 years old
  3. Can I apply for Custom Excise Department being a candidate having completed Graduation with Commerce with 50% of marks?
  4. Can B.com students with 58% marks apply for Custom Excise Department?
  5. What should I do for career in Custom Excise at Airport?
  6. Can i become Custom or Excise Officers being a B.Tech student? -- [New]
  7. How may I find a job in custom department after completing B.Com? What is the age criteria for entrance test?
  8. What is the eligibility to apply for the post of custom/excise officer?
  9. How to get a good Job in Custom Department or any other Government Department having completed CA course?
  10. What is the date of the entrance exam for Custom and Excise Department? What is the eligibility criteria to appear for the exam?
  11. What's the possibility for a Group-B staff to be promoted to Group-A ? What's the future prospects of getting promotion in same group?
  12. How to get a job in airport in custom department after completing PG in Physics?
  13. How to get a job in Indian Railway Department after completing B.Com computers
  14. What are the career options after MBA? I have scored 83% in inter
  15. How to apply for a job in customs department after completing M.Com? What is the procedure?
  16. Syllabus and study material to prepare for Custom/Excise inspector exam -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How to join custom department after completing BBA?
  18. Am I eligible to become a custom officer? I have completed B.Com
8th June 2012, 05:58 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get Job in Custom or Excise Department having completed B.Com and CA Inter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay pandey_1988 View Post
can i get job in custom or excise deptt? i have completed B.Com and CA Inter in may2010.
A Professional Course like Chartered Accountancy, Cost and Work Accountancy, Company Secretary etc. are considered to be equivalent to graduation and candidates who don't even hold a bachelors degree and have just completed any of the professional courses mentioned above are considered eligible to write competitive examination designed for graduates. But in your case, you hold Bachelors Degree in Commerce which makes you eligible to write the entrance examination conducted for recruitment of Custom Officer and as far as completion of your CA Intermediate stage is concerned, the qualification is not important for the examination we are discussing about.
The Staff Selection Commission conducts an entrance exam known as Combined Graduate Level Examination and in order to join the customs as an Officer, you will need to qualify it. Apart from being a graduate, you must be within the prescribed age limit which is as follows:
Minimum eligible age: 18 years
Maximum age limit: 27 years

For more information regarding the examination and in order to keep yourself updated regarding the schedule of upcoming Combined Graduate Level Examination, refer to the official website of Staff Selection Commission.
24th July 2012, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get Job in Custom or Excise Department having completed B.Com and CA Inter?

what is the pocedure of custom department....???
29th August 2013, 03:11 AM
Unregistered

How do i apply for a job as a custom officer? i have completed my graduation from the calcutta university with 45% aggregate.
29th August 2013, 09:28 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How do i apply for a job as a custom officer? i have completed my graduation from the calcutta university with 45% aggregate.
If you are interested in Customs Jobs under Central Excise Department, Than you have to appear in the SSC conducted Combined Graduate Level exams

This Exam is conducted by SSC each year

Educational qualifications:
Bachelors Degree Pass in any stream
No Minimum Percentage is required in Graduation

AGE-
Minimum 18 years
Maximum 27 years
OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

Next Tier 1 Exam of the SSC Combined Graduate level will be held in May 2014 Notification and advertisement will come out in Jan 2014

Questions will be asked from the Below Sections in this Exams:
>> English Comprehension
>> General Awareness
>> Quantitative Aptitude
>> General Intelligence and Reasoning
29th August 2013, 12:46 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi.

CUSTOM OFFICER;-

Recruitment to Indian Customs officer of government is done through civil services exam conducted by UPSC. So, to become a custom officer you need to appear in civil services exam.

1.)Educational Qualification:

The candidate must hold a bachelors degree in any discipline obtained from a recognized University.

2.)Age limit:

A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years.

Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

All the best.
20th September 2014, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

i have completed 2 & am intrested in excise department. so for that which course i should take
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?