12th September 2011, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

How to shift to government sector while working in private sector?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I did the engineering in electronics & telecommunication & my year of passing is 2006. Present i am working in private sector but now looking for govt. job.? Please guide me in this regard!!!

Related Questions:
  1. Why Rotational Shift is necessary in IT sector? -- [New]
  2. Amrita EEE or SRMEEE? better chance of admission? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How to pursue M.Sc in Software Engineering being a candidate of EEE?
  4. Can one shift to Private banks after working in public sector banks?
  5. Which is more preferable, a private or a government sector? I'm working for more than 2 years in private with salary $12000 and now i've government job with salary $400
  6. Job opportunities in Government sector after the completion of Engineering in CS? Is it possible to earn more in Private sector than in Government sector?
  7. Which one is better between job in private sector as Engineer with MBA degree or job in government sector where pay is more?
  8. Minimum and maximum salary after diploma in Civil engineering?
  9. How to get Job in Government sector or private sector being a candidate having completed M.Sc in Physics and working as Lecturer?
  10. Which is the best private job under health sector?
  11. Can I get government job after 12 years of IT experience in private sector?
  12. What options do I have in government sector or are there any job oriented government courses in Delhi/NCR region? How to prepare for them?
  13. Whether Private Sector is better than Government Sector for B.Sc(Agriculture) candidate?
  14. Government/Public sector job after completing MCA with 1 year experience in private IT sector?
  15. Should I switch over to private sector(TCS) while working in Public Sector companies?
  16. What would be best for me after passing MCA, Government or Private Sector?
  17. Job in private sector based on experience in public sector?
  18. Should I prefer jobs in private IT sector or in government sector?
12th January 2012, 03:14 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to shift to government sector while working in private sector?

As a private sector employee you cant get a job directly with government of India. To get a job in the government sector you have to appear for the entrance exams conducted by central and state government . Exams are conducted by UPSC, SSC, RRB, State PSC etc. for several posts for technicians and engineers in different departments for various government sectors. As per you choice and eligibility you can appear for the various entrance exam . For example you can appear for the Engineering Services Exam conducted by UPSC to be held on 15.6.2012. To know more follow the employment news, you can refer, www.upsc.gov.in , www.employmentnews.gov.in for information on government jobs.
27th March 2016, 09:20 PM
Piiihu
Junior Member+

Default Re: How to shift to government sector while working in private sector?

Hi,

Since you are from Electronics and telecommunication backgroud, I would recommend you to give GATE Exam or Banking Exams.
As you are already experienced id Private sectors, you cannot get jobs in governmnet sectors.
But if you are interested you can give their respective exams or even Civil service exams to change to govt. job.

Thanks!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?