10th August 2012, 04:55 PM
ROHIT CHAUDAHRY

How should I become an IPS officer after completing graduation?

Good after noon Sir. I have completed my graduation this year through science stream with 55% and i want to apply for I.P.S. Exam. Sir, i don't know how to apply for this exam. Please, guide me how to apply for this examination and what is the syllabus for this exam.
Your sincerely,
Rohit Chaudhary.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I apply to become a CID officer after completing graduation
  2. Is there any government job available after passing B.Com? Any jobs in railway sector?
  3. After completing graduation how to become an IAS officer? Are there any coaching class available in Goa?
  4. How to become a Police officer after completing graduation in B.Com
  5. Can I apply for income Tax Officer exam after completing graduation?
  6. How to become an IPS officer after completing B.A?
  7. How to become an Indian Army Officer after completing graduation with 70% and PG with 65% marks
  8. How to become a income tax officer after completing graduation? What is the syllabus and the date of the exam?
  9. What should I do after passing 12th commerce without Maths?
  10. How to become an IPS officer after completing graduation in MBBS?
  11. How to become a CID officer after completing my graduation with Arts subject? What should I do to join CID team? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. What should I do to join CID team after completing graduation with Arts subject? I want to become a CID officer
  13. What is the use of completing Graduation? -- [New]
  14. Can I join Navy as an Officer/Engineering after completing my graduation in IT from distance education?
  15. What is the way to enter in Narcotics Bureau as an officer after completing graduation in Pharmacy?
  16. How can I become a BDO officer after completing graduation? I have scored 50% in B.Com general
  17. How to apply for income tax officer exam after completing graduation in B.Com
  18. Can I become IAS Officer after completion of Graduation in Geography? Which subjects should I choose for this?
12th August 2012, 03:48 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How should I become an IPS officer after completing graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROHIT CHAUDAHRY View Post
Good after noon Sir. I have completed my graduation this year through science stream with 55% and i want to apply for I.P.S. Exam. Sir, i don't know how to apply for this exam. Please, guide me how to apply for this examination and what is the syllabus for this exam.
Your sincerely,
Rohit Chaudhary.
Complete Information On IPS Exam

A candidate can join the Indian Police Service (IPS) by clearing the Civil Service Examination conducted every year by the UPSC..

Eligibility Criterion :-

A candidate is eligible for appearing for the exam only if :-

>> The candidate has completed his graduation from a recognized institute in any discipline or is appearing for the final year..

>> The candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years if general..21-33 years if OBC and 21-35 years if SC/ST

>> The number of attempts for the general candidates is 4, for OBC its 7 whereas there is no limit for SC/ST candidates..

Exam Pattern :-

The exam will be having 2 stages :-

>> Stage-1 : Preliminary Exam or CSAT :- This round will test you on 2 objective papers based on general awareness and aptitude..

>> Stage-2 : Mains This will consist of 9 descriptive papers meant for testing your skills of English language and your graduation knowledge..

If you manage to clear the Mains..then you shall be called for the interview for the final selection..

I have also attached a few previous year papers of CSAT and the exam pattern of the exam so that you have at least some idea about the exam..

In case you have any further queries on the exam you can Click Here

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: txt IAS Exam Paper Pattern.txt(552 Bytes, 56 views)
File Type: pdf IAS ENGLISH_COMPULSORY 2010.pdf(167.8 KB, 75 views)
File Type: pdf IAS GENERAL_STUDIES_I 2010.pdf(210.6 KB, 79 views)
File Type: pdf IAS GENERAL_STUDIES_II 2010.pdf(296.4 KB, 83 views)
12th August 2012, 04:17 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

Default Re: How should I become an IPS officer after completing graduation?

Eligibility Criterion :-

>> The candidate has completed his graduation from a recognized institute in any discipline or is appearing for the final year..

>> The candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years if general..21-33 years if OBC and 21-35 years if SC/ST

Exam Pattern :-

The exam will be having 2 stages :-

>> Stage-1 : Preliminary Exam or CSAT :- This round will test you on 2 objective papers based on general awareness and aptitude..

>> Stage-2 : Mains This will consist of 9 descriptive papers meant for testing your skills of English language and your graduation knowledge..

I have also attached a few previous year papers of CSAT and the exam pattern of the exam so that you have at least some idea about the exam..

In case you have any further queries on the exam you can Click Here

Attached Files
IAS Exam Paper Pattern.txt(552 Bytes, 0 views)
IAS ENGLISH_COMPULSORY 2010.pdf(167.8 KB, 0 views)
IAS GENERAL_STUDIES_I 2010.pdf(210.6 KB, 0 views)
IAS GENERAL_STUDIES_II 2010.pdf(296.4 KB, 0 views)
12th August 2012, 04:27 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear...........

Age limit :

21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs . Ex-servicemen will get 5 more years exemption from the prescribed age limit The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation.

Qualification :

* The candidates should be a agraduate in any stream, from a recognize university.

Number of Attempts :

*Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

Exam Pattern :

All India Combined Competitive Examination for the Civil Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) comprises of two successive stages:

* Preliminary Examination: It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.

* Main Examination: It consists of written examination and interview.

The Preliminary Examination is held in May/June and the Main Examination in October/November. One must begin preparations of the main exam along with preliminary exam. This is because there is little time for the Main exam if one waits for the results of the Preliminaries.

For more details visit official website of UPSC .
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck...........
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ips_eng.pdf(50.7 KB, 95 views)
12th August 2012, 04:55 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

conducted by UPSC twice Every Year in the month of june and december.

ELIGIBILITY for IPS:

=> A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Decipline (B.A, B.com, B.E ) with atlest 55% from recognise universities.
=> Final year students are also applicable.

Age Limit:

General category student:- 21-30 years.
OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

No. Attempt:

General - max. 4
OBC - max. 7.
SC/ST - No limit.

Exam Pattern:

=> Preliminary Exam.
=> Main Exam
=> Interview

I hope now you are clear aboutbthe exam pattern and procedure.
All the best.......
12th August 2012, 05:47 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for IPS after completion of Graduation.

IPS - INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer one has to apply for Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC once every year as your first step and by appearing and cracking this exam successfully you can become an IPS officer.

ELIGIBILITY OF IPS CIVIL SERVICEEXAM:-

-The candidate must be an Indian National.
-He should have either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University.
-He should be within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.
-The candidate should be Physically and Mentally fit.

Apart from this a minimum prescribed physical standard to be maintaioed as follows:-

HEIGHT:-

General male - 165cm and Female-150cm
SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm

CHEST:-

Male 85cm and Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The selection is through two phases written exam followed by Personal interview in final phase of selection.

CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam comprises of all objective type questions

Civil Service Main Exam comprises of subjective type questions from prescribed syllabus.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th August 2012, 06:56 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Yes , definitely you can become an IPS officer if you crack the Civil Services Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year.

The Eligibility Criteria that you require in Civil Services Examination are :

* you must have completed your graduation from any recognized college/university.

* Your age should lie in between 21-30 years.

* There is also a relaxation in upper age of 3 years for students belonging to OBC Category and of 5 years for those belonging to SC/ST Category.

* You must have Indian Nationality.

* You must be physically and mentally fit.

This is the information i have to the information to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

For more details , you can visit : http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd May 2013, 08:29 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROHIT CHAUDAHRY View Post
Your sincerely,
Rohit Chaudhary.
Yes Off Course after Qualified in B.com Course your eligible for IPS Entrance Examination .. Only Pass Marks is enough to apply for this Entrance Examination ..

So, after completing graduation with pass marks you're applicable for IAS Entrance Examination .

IPS stands for (Indian Police Service )... and this Entrance Examination Conducted Union Public Service Commission .. This Entrance Examination conducted very year ..

Only the candidate the who Completed graduation course from recognized university are eligible for this IPS Entrance Examination .. And the Main thing is that the there is No Minimum Percentage of marks required for this Entrance Examination ..

Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Entrance Examination ..

You have Complete graduation course .. So, As per your Qualification your definitely eligible for IAS Entrance Examination ..

Apart from this Educational Qualification your age should be Not less then 21 years and exceeding 30 years at the time appearing the Entrance Examination and Upper age relaxation will be given to sc/st candidates and obc candidates ..

Applicant should be Physically as well as Medically Fit ..

You may apply for this Examination in Online Mode by visiting the Official website of UPSC ..

For More Details Please Visit Here :- http://upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?