19th September 2011, 01:50 AM
ddeepak kr.

How should I give IPS exam while in B.E 4th year?

i am a b.e 4th year student and i want to give ips exam but ihave no idea plz help me.

19th September 2011, 06:44 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: How should I give IPS exam while in B.E 4th year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeepak kr. View Post
i am a b.e 4th year student and i want to give ips exam but ihave no idea plz help me.
Information Regarding IPS Examination.

IPS examination is also known as the civil services examination which is conducted by the UPSC in every year. IPS officer job is consider as the one of the best job of India. To appear in the IPS examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification = Graduation in any stream from a recognize University. The final year graduation students are also eligible to apply for the IPS examination.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 year at the time of appearing of this examination. According to government rule the age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candidates.

As per your question if you are a 4th year B.E student then you are eligible to apply for the IPS examination. The notification comes in the month of November or December. You can apply online on the official website of UPSC or the offline application form can be obtained on the head post office of your city.

For any more information about the IPS examination please visit the official website of the UPSC. :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
19th September 2011, 10:33 AM
neha bh

No you are not qualified.for this graduation must be completed.
age limit-----21-30 years
19th September 2011, 10:50 AM
saugata2008

Eligibility criteria for IPS exam -
1.Graduation from any recognized university from any discipline .
2.Age limit = 21 to 30 years .
3.Number of permissible attempt = 4 times .

If you have all the above criteria then you are eligible .

From next year the exam pattern will be changed .You have to give two objective type papers having special emphasis on testing their amplitude and moral dimension of decision making in CSAT .

To know more details visit -
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you
19th September 2011, 05:17 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

IPS

Eligibility Criteria:-

Educational Qualifications :

Graduates in any discipline from a recognized university. Candidates having professional and technical qualifications recognized by the government are also eligible.

For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India

For other services, a candidate must be either :
(a) a citizen of India, or

(b) a subject of Nepal, or

(c) a subject of Bhutan, or

(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India with the intention of permanently settling in India. or

Age Limits :

(a) Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st August of the year in which examination is being held.

(b) The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable:

(i) upto a maximum of five years for a SC/ST candidate.

(ii) upto a maximum of three years for OBC

(iii) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during a particular period
Personal Attributes :

The aspiring candidates are expected to have keen interest in the General Studies and are supposed to have a good amount of interest in current affairs. Regular and detailed reading of a good national newspaper, a standard competition magazine and a basic book on general knowledge is the essential pre-requisite. Another important point is efficient time planning.

Physical Standards :

Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Civil Services Examination.

1:Height-

Minimum height for the Male 165 cm &
for ST 160 cm,for the SC/ OBC,is not

Minimum height for the Female 150 cm &
for ST 145 cm,for the SC/ OBC,is not

2:Chest-

for male minimum 84 cm. expansion 5 cm.
for female minimum 79 cm. expansion 5 cm.

3:Eye Sight-

6/6 or 6/9 distant vision.
J1 for near vision

Number of Attempts:

Every candidate appearing at the Civil Services Examination shall be permitted four attempts at the examination.

this restriction will not apply in the case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST), Other Backward Classes(OBC)

Physically Handicapped(PH) candidates who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
19th September 2011, 05:49 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
To become an IPS officer you have to go through the Civil Services exam conducted by UPSC every year.
The exam is held in three stages:
(a) Preliminary Test
(b) Main
(c) Personal Interview
Following is the Eligibility criteria to appear in the exam:
1. Graduation in any stream from a recognized University.
Final year graduation students are also eligible to apply.
2. Candidate's age must be within 21 to 30 years.
Some age relaxation is there for the SC/ST/OBCs
If you have the above criteria then you can apply.
For more details follow the website:-
http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the very best..
19th September 2011, 11:22 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeepak kr. View Post
Dear friend,

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candiadte is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.

thanks
28th November 2011, 01:11 PM
litunu

IPS examination is also known as the civil services examination which is conducted by the UPSC in every year. IPS officer job is consider as the one of the best job of India. To appear in the IPS examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification = Graduation in any stream from a recognize University. The final year graduation students are also eligible to apply for the IPS examination.

To become an IPS officer you have to go through the Civil Services exam conducted by UPSC every year.
The exam is held in three stages:
(a) Preliminary Test
(b) Main
(c) Personal Interview
Following is the Eligibility criteria to appear in the exam:
1. Graduation in any stream from a recognized University.
Final year graduation students are also eligible to apply.
2. Candidate's age must be within 21 to 30 years.
Some age relaxation is there for the SC/ST/OBCs
If you have the above criteria then you can apply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?