20th July 2011, 10:41 PM

What to do to become IPS Officer pursuing my B.Tech 4th year?

I am B.Tech 4th year student . i want to ips officer . what should i do? reply me soon

22nd July 2011, 01:51 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do to become IPS Officer pursuing my B.Tech 4th year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I am B.Tech 4th year student . i want to ips officer . what should i do? reply me soon
If your aim is to become IPS Officer then for this you have to apply for the UPSC Civil Services examination and to apply for this examination you must have Pursuing your Bachelor Degree examination in any discipline from a recognised university.

But for this year the UPSC Civil services examination was already over, The preliminary examination are completed successfully and those who are selected in Preliminary examination are eligible to apply for Main examination. The Main examination was going to be held on 29/Oct/2011.

And You are Doing your Final Year Examination Now So You are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, But in this year you have missed the chance, But please dont worry you are eligible for Next year UPSC Civil services examination. The Notification was published in the employment newspaper or in the UPSC Official website in the month of February. So If you are interested to apply for this examination then please apply for this examination online in next year.

The Application form are also availiable in the Post offices in India you have also obtained from there, The preliminary examination are totally objective type and there are 2 papers in this examination both are 200 Marks each with same duration and in main examination you have to opt the Optional subjects on the basis of Graduation subjects, The list of optional subjects are availiable in the UPSC website.

Eligiblity Criteria -

- You Must have a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognised university.
- Your age should between 21 to 30 years
- Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible for this examination.

The Examination pattern and syllabus are availiable in the Official website OR also in the given Notification and If you need Complete Information regarding UPSC Civil services examination, then please check these given Notification or visit the UPSC website -

http://upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 63 views)
22nd July 2011, 02:44 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,

My friend as you have mentioned that you want to become IPS officer, for that you have to appear in UPSC civil service exam..

You must have to fulfill some eligibility criteria for appearing in IPS exam..

The eligibility criteria for IPS exam-

***One must complete the graduation in any trade or one can appear in IPS exam in final year of graduation..

***The candidates age should be in between 21-30years for general category..
For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5years..
For OBC the age relaxation is 3years..

As you are in final year of your B.tech , then you can appear in IPS exam..

so, prepare yourself.. work hard, you will definitely get success..

All the best..
22nd July 2011, 02:54 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
dear friend,
for becoming ips officer, you will first have to give ias exam.
for giving ias exam, the student must have done graduation in any field with at least 60% marks. the age limit for the exam is 21 to 30 years which can increase to 35 years for sc/st students.
if you are having these qualifications, then only you can give the exam.
there will be three rounds in the exam. firstly, you will have to give the preliminary exam. this exam will be of objective questions.
after qualifying in that exam, you will have to give the main exam, which will be in written form.
after passing both the exams, you will be called for the personal interview.
after passing that interview, you will become an ias officer.
the notification regarding the exam comes in the employment news.
for more details regarding the exam, you can visit
www.upsc.gov.in
22nd July 2011, 03:04 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
To become an IPS officer, you will have to crack civil service exam, which is considered as the toughest entrance exam in India. However, to be eligible, you must be a graduate.
The minimum eligible age is 21 years.
The maximum age limit is 30 years.
Maximum age limit is relaxed up to 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC category and 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
Since the civil service exam comprise of three stages, you will have to qualify all the three stages:
Civil Service Aptitude Test
Main Exam
Interview

The notification of the exam is published in India's leading newspapers and on the official website of UPSC.
22nd July 2011, 03:39 PM
sanjeev26

Quote:
I f you want to become IPS officer you need to give UPSC entrance exam for which you have to wait this till next year because this year exam already held.
the eligibility criteria you need to fill is just age b/w 21-30. and bachelor degree from any recognized university.
22nd July 2011, 04:15 PM
kritika@Hans

hi friend
the minimum qualification for ips officer exam is graduation in any stream...
a candidate must be atleast 21 years of age and the upper age limit is 30 years with some relaxation for reserved categories..
you have to appear in the exam conducted by upsc .
the exam has two papers of duration 2 hours each and 200 marks each.
after clearing this exam you have to appear in the mains exam
it has five papers
all the best
12th October 2011, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I am in B.Tech 3rd year student with electronics and communication branch . i want to be an ips officer . what should i do? reply me soon
and give some suitable book which prefer in 3rd year which r helpful for this examination.can we fill the form of upsc because my stream is electonics and communication branch
23rd August 2013, 07:52 PM
K.L.Tejaswi

Thumbs up Re: What to do to become IPS Officer pursuing my B.Tech 4th year?

Dear Friend ,
If you need to become an IPS officer you need to appear for civils exam which is the toughest exam and there is a lot of competetion for that.

and the eligibility for writing that exam is you should be with 21 years.

for that exam you need to refer all the social NCERT books of class 6,7,8,9,10

and also read the current affairs from the news paper.

All the Best for your exam work hard and I wish you a very good luck.
24th August 2013, 12:57 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become an IPS officer than in that case you have to give the Civil Services Exams conducted by UPSC

This exam is held for 24 posts and these are IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS etc

Educatiional qualifications required is:
Graduation pass in any stream
No minimum marks required in graduation

Age-
Minimum 21 years
Maximum -30 years for all the General category candidates
Maximum 33 years for the OBC candidates
Maximum 35 years for the SC/ST candidates

Attempts-
General candidates- 4
OBC candidates -7
SC/ST candidates- No such restrictions

Physical Requirements for IPS

Vision
6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.
6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.

You should not be suffering from color or night blindness.

Height

Male - 165 cm for General/SC/OBC candidate and minimum of 160 cm ST.
Female - 150 cm OBC/SC/General candidate and 145 cm ST.

Chest

Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm Expansion 5 cm
29th August 2013, 12:07 AM
maruthidevi

If your aim is to become IPS Officer then for this you have to apply for the UPSC Civil Services examination and to apply for this examination you must have Pursuing your Bachelor Degree examination in any discipline from a recognised university.

But for this year the UPSC Civil services examination was already over, The preliminary examination are completed successfully and those who are selected in Preliminary examination are eligible to apply for Main examination. The Main examination was going to be held on 29/Oct/2011.

And You are Doing your Final Year Examination Now So You are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, But in this year you have missed the chance, But please dont worry you are eligible for Next year UPSC Civil services examination. The Notification was published in the employment newspaper or in the UPSC Official website in the month of February. So If you are interested to apply for this examination then please apply for this examination online in next year.

The Application form are also availiable in the Post offices in India you have also obtained from there, The preliminary examination are totally objective type and there are 2 papers in this examination both are 200 Marks each with same duration and in main examination you have to opt the Optional subjects on the basis of Graduation subjects, The list of optional subjects are availiable in the UPSC website.

Eligiblity Criteria -

- You Must have a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The Examination pattern and syllabus are availiable in the Official website OR also in the given Notification and If you need Complete Information regarding UPSC Civil services examination, then please check these given Notification or visit the UPSC website -
29th August 2013, 12:27 AM
maruthidevi

Eligiblity Criteria -

29th August 2013, 09:28 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IPS - Indian Police Service and to become an IPS Officer, one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam, conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness, can apply for IPS, Civil Service Exam.

Apart from this, the candidate should have minimum Physical requirement such as:-

HEIGHT - General/OBC Male - 165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST - Male-84cm while Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

As your pursing 4th year B.Tech. Degree, you can apply for IPS, Civil Service Exam.

The selection is through three Phases:-

CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test 0- Preliminary Exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th August 2013, 03:52 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.................

If you want to become an IPS Officer,

First you can crack for Civil Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly ones.............

To apply for Civil services examination, Your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

So, If your graduation degree course is Complete OR you are Pursuing your Final year Degree course then you are eligible to apply for This examination Next year.

India holds a UPSC examination every year and on the basis of this examination a number of IPS officers are recruitment.

Eligibility Criteria :-

A.)Educational Qualification:-

The minimum qualification required for appearing the competitive examination is Graduation. Many professionals like Engineers, Doctors, persons with Ph.d qualifications are competing for UPSC.

B.)Age Factor:-

1.> For general category :-

21-30 years and can attempt 4 times.

2.>For SC/ST :-

21-35 years ,and there is no limitation .

3.> For the OBC:-

21-33 years and can attempt 7 times.

Paper Pattern for IAS exam :-

1) General-Studies paper carries 150 marks

2) Optional paper carries 150 marks.

Instead of one compulsory paper of General Studies and one Optional paper, both the papers shall be compulsory.
31st August 2013, 02:18 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend..........

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

This exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year.

Eligibility criteria:-

You should be complete graduation or an bachelor's degree from a recognised university.

The candidate must be a citizen of india.

Final year persuing candidates can also be eligible for this exam.

There is no required percentage to appear this exam.

Age criteria:-

For General candidates 21 years to 30years,

For OBC candidates 21 years to 33years,

For SC/ST candidates 21 years to 35 years.

For PH OBC candidates 21 years to 40years.

Number of Attempts:-

4 times for general candidates,

7 times OBC candidates,

No limit for SC/ST candidates.

Selection steps:-

***Civil services preliminary exam,

***Civil services main exam,

***Personal interview.

Civil service Preliminary exam:

Date of Notification:05/03/2013

Last Date for receipt of Applications:04/04/2013(Monday)

Date of commencement of exam:26/05/2013(Sunday)

Civil Services Mains Exam 2013:

Date of Commence of Exam: 04/12/2013

Duration of Exam : 5 Days
all the best.........
6th September 2013, 04:30 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria :

You should be complete graduation or an bachelor's degree from a recognised university

The candidate must be a citizen of India

Final year persuing candidates can also be eligible for this exam

There is no required percentage to appear this exam

Age criteria :

For General candidates 21 years to 30years,

OBC candidates 21 years to 33years

SC/ST candidates 21 years to 35 years

Number of Attempts :

4 times for general candidates

7 times OBC candidates

No limit for SC/ST candidates

Selection steps :

preliminary exam

Civil services main exam

Personal interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?