19th March 2015, 09:17 AM
abhi sethi

Can I give IPS entrance exam after 12th?

Recently i have done my 12 so i would like to prepare to do IPS COURSE so tell me that form where should i do? Can i give ips enterance after my 12 exam

19th March 2015, 11:11 AM
Bestanswer

Thumbs up Re: Can I give IPS entrance exam after 12th?

Hi,

After 12th, you cannot go for IPS exams.

Eligibility for Indian Police Service(IPS):-

1.You must be a citizen of India.

2.You must complete a graduate degree for educational qualification.

3.Your age must be between 21 to 30 years.

4.You should meet all the physical requirements as required.

Number of attempts for IPS exam:-

1.General -->4 times

2.OBC --> 7 times

3.SC/ST --> No limit .

You must finish a graduate degree and apply IPS exam..
19th March 2015, 11:45 AM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I give IPS entrance exam after 12th?

Definitely not.
IPS(Indian Police Services) recruits through IAS exam only. Based on your score you will be alloted the departmenst i.e. Indian Administrative services or Police services or Forest services.
But you need to understand that the basic eligibilty criteria is graduation. Since you have just passed your intermediate so you won't be able to appear for the examination.

So, the advise is to choose an appropriate graduation course for yourself and then after completing it, prepare for the IAS exam and then strike for IPS.
19th March 2015, 11:59 AM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi sethi View Post
Recently i have done my 12 so i would like to prepare to do IPS COURSE so tell me that form where should i do? Can i give ips enterance after my 12 exam
Good to hear that you are interested in applying for IPS exam that is Indian Police Service exam which is conducted by UPSC every year .

I am sorry to say this that you are young for this exam , as minimu qualification for IPS exam is Graduation in any discipline , only 12th passed qualification will not help you to sit for an exam . Hence , i would suggest you to complete your Graduation first and also with this you can start your preparation also at home this will help you to crack your IPS exam at one time only . There is no such hurry for this exam since this exam is conducted every year to recruit hard work student like you .

So don't worry after your completion of graduation or being in a final year of graduation also you can apply for this exam .
19th March 2015, 11:59 AM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
No, you are not eligible to sit for the IPS exam directly after completing your 12th. IPS stands for the Indian Police Service and this exam is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

Candidates should be graduate from any discipline. However, final year candidates are also eligible for it but, they have to submit their final results at the time of documents verification.

As you are doing your intermediates recently, you can not apply for the examination. First of all complete your bachelor degree then, you become eligible to sit for this examination.

There is no necessary to take any courses right now, at this time be focused on your intermediates only.

Nationality: Candidate must possess nationality of India.

Age limit:
  • General category - 21 to 33 years.
  • OBC category - 21 to 33 years.
  • SC/ST category - 21 to 35 years.
19th March 2015, 02:10 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

After completing 12th class you are not eligible to apply IPS officer exam.

If you want to apply IPS officer after exam then first you complete your Graduation degree.

Because for apply IPS exam the minimum Education qualification is Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC under Civil Services exam in every year.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

Candidate should be completed Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

Age should be between 21 years to 30 years for General category candidates.

Age relaxation for OBC category candidates 3 years

And SC/ST category candidates 5 years.

Number of Attempts:-

General category candidates - 4 time

OBC category Candidates - 7 time

SC/ST category candidates - No limit.

Physical requirement :-

Height: –

Male 165 cm Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest :–

Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Eye sight :- 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.
Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye.

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.

Ear:- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment should not be more than 30 decibels.

Selection procedure :-

- Preliminary entrance exam

- Main entrance exam

- Interview

So, first first you complete your Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.
19th March 2015, 02:17 PM
neha gupta1994

Quote:
Hi,
First of all I want to make it clear that IPS is not a course, it is a service.
IPS stands for Indian Police Service.
To become an IPS officer You will have to clear the Civil Services Exam conducted every year by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) with a All India ranking up to 100.
Sorry to say but you can not give this exam after class 12th.To appear in this exam, You must have completed graduation from a recognized university.

Eligibility Criteria:
1.A candidate must have completed graduation from a recognized university
2.He/She must be a citizen of India.
3.Age should be between 21 to 26 (For General category).For OBC & SC/ST upper age limit has been relaxed by 1 year and 3 years respectively.
4.No. of attempts is 3 for General category students.while for OBC and SC/ST the attempts are 5 and 6 respectively.

I hope I answered your query specifically.
Thanks
19th March 2015, 02:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
If you have fulfill below given criteria then you are eligible IPS exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

Physical fitness criteria for IPS exam:-

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision

For more details about IPS exam please visit to the official website www.upsc.gov.in
19th March 2015, 03:17 PM
unique99

No you can not give IPS entrance exam. after 12th because there is IPS eligibility you are to follow.

IPS (Indian Police Service)is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.

ELIGIBILITY:-

1.A Graduate from the recognized University can write IPS entrance examination.

2.Age:General 21 to 30 years,OBC:21-33 years,S/C S/T:21-35 years.

3.Candidates must be the citizen of India.

4.Attempts:General: 7 times. OBC: 9 Times .S/C S/T: No limit.

5.Candidates to clear CSAT first then final written and interview tests.

visit http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thank You,
19th March 2015, 03:18 PM
unique99

No you can not give IPS entrance exam. after 12th because there is IPS eligibility you are to follow.

IPS (Indian Police Service)is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.

ELIGIBILITY:-

1.A Graduate from the recognized University can write IPS entrance examination.

2.Age:General 21 to 30 years,OBC:21-33 years,S/C S/T:21-35 years.

3.Candidates must be the citizen of India.

4.Attempts:General: 7 times. OBC: 9 Times .S/C S/T: No limit.

5.Candidates to clear CSAT first then final written and interview tests.

visit http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thank You,
19th March 2015, 03:52 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No; you are not eligible to sit for IPS entrance exam after 12th as the minimum qualification to sit in an CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION is the graduation but you can start preparing for it from no only as the examination is conducted by UPSC and is considered as one of the toughest examination in INDIA. From now only take the subject you want o take as the main subject an start giving best for it.

Be very attentive while selecting the main subject a many of the student miss it only due to there main subject.you can take help from various institution in your city but it is you who have to study not the institution.
19th March 2015, 04:30 PM
Samerjeet singh
Junior Member+

hello
sorry you can not apply for IPS after +2. but you can do following thing to apply for IPS.
1) do your minmum 3 year graduation
2) study well for general awareness
3) also study reasoning books for aptitude paper
than apply for the exam after graduation
bye
19th March 2015, 04:48 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
No, you are not eligible for IPS examination just after passing the intermediate examination. If your aim is to become an IPS Officer then please go for graduation and after completing graduation you are eligible for IPS Examination. IPS stands for Indian Police Services and to become IPS you have to clear the UPSC Civil services examination conducted by UPSC.

It is good to see that you are very much serious for Civil service examination. I suggest you to complete your bachelor degree and simultaneously prepare for CSAT Examination. When you complete your graduation course you are eligible to register for UPSC CSAT Examination.

Eligibility Criteria:

1. Minimum Graduation is necessary to register for UPSC CSAT Examination to become IPS officer.

2. Final year candidates also registered for this exam.

3. Age should between 21 to 30 years. Relaxation only applicable for Registered candidates.

Selection Procedure:

The selection in Civil service examination is based on three individual stages as mentioned below.

1. Preliminary examination (CSAT exam)
2. Main examination
3. Personal Interview.

Preliminary examination is compulsory paper for all, those who cracked this stage are eligible for Mains.

For more details regarding UPSC Civil service examination, please visit the official website.
19th March 2015, 06:40 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

No,you should have college degree that's also from recognized university or institution in order to sit for these level of Examinations.
19th March 2015, 07:02 PM
violent viper

Eligibility for IPS examination:-

Educational Qualification:-

You should be a graduate from recognized Indian institution.

Age Limit:-

Your age limit should be in between 21 to 30 years.

No. of Attempts

GEN: 4 times
OBCs: 7 times
SC/ST: No limit

My suggestion is that, you can start preparing for IPS entrance examination from now on. But you can appear for it only after your graduation.

Thank you.
19th March 2015, 07:25 PM
varam09

IPS means Indian Police Service, to become IPS Officer one has to give the civil services exam conducted by UPSC.

In order to give Civil services exam,you should have a degree from recognized University, so first complete your degree to be eligible for the exam

The minimum age required is 21 years and maximum is 32 years for general category candidates.

There is upper age relaxation for reserved category candidates, 3 years age relaxation for OBC Category and 5 years age relaxation for SC/ST Category candidates.

As you have interest, you may join a good coaching center after completion of your graduation.

The exam pattern for Civil services exam is Prelims, Mains and Interview.Successful candidates even have to satisfy the medical standards fixed by the UPSC.

There are also restrictions on the number of attempts for this exam.

six attempts for General,Nine attempts for OBC, No limit for SC/ST Category.

19th March 2015, 08:03 PM
s.snedh
Member+

Eligibility to be an IPS officer:

to be eligible for becoming an IPS officer, the candidate must possess a degree from an Indian university or an equivalent qualification. Those in the final year of degree course can also can also appear in the preliminary examination taken every year by UPSC.
19th March 2015, 08:41 PM
nishanth60

## The minimum educational qualification required to apply for IPS examination is Graduation in any discipline from recognized institution or university.
## Age limit to apply for IPS exam is 21-30 years and the age relaxations are as follows
->3 years for OBC candidates
->5 years for SC/ST candidates
## The selection procedure of IPS exam is
->Written test comprising of Preliminary and Mains
->Personal interview
->Medical fitness test
## So,to apply for IPS examination,first you have to complete your Graduation.
19th March 2015, 09:25 PM
pabolu srivalli

You can not appear for the IPS selection with your 12th class as this was one of the prestigious civil services examination you can appear for the civil services only after completion of your graduation course of study.

IPS is one of the Civil services examination which is conducted by the UPSC which is meant by the Union Public service Commission in India and the examination was conducted for all over the India.

There are some specific eligibility criteria which are needed in order to appear for the UPSC civil services examination and some of the required Eligibility are.
  1. Should have attained 21 years of age limit and should not exceed 30 years of age limit
  2. Should possess graduation or bachelor degree in any of the discipline of study from any of the recognized institute of study
  3. Should belong to the citizen of India only.

These are the minimum eligibility criteria which are needed in order to appear for the IPS selections.

so first of all you must complete your graduation also in any of the discipline in which you were interested of and then apply for the IPS selections.
19th March 2015, 09:48 PM
ravitejasingari
Junior Member+

Dear Friend,
The minimum eligibility conditions for appearing ips exam are:
As it is a part of Civil services examination
1.you must be atleast 21 years of age at that time of filling the civil services(preliminary) Exam form not to be older than 30 years of age (various relaxations are available for different categories.)
2.You must possess a graduate degree in any discipline of any of Universities incorporated by ab Act of Parliament or declared tobe deemed as a university under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956,or possess an equivalent qualification.
(Note:the students who are in the final semester or have taken their final degree exam but are awaiting the results can also appear for the IAS and IPS Preliminary examination provided they furnish their proof of degree while filling the mains form).

So In my view i think you need to first complete your graduation firstmy dear friend
19th March 2015, 11:35 PM
bichapoda

No , Its not possible to appear for IPS exam after your 12th.

IPS Stands for Indian Police Service.

To Become a IPS Officer you need clear Civil Service exam.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC.

The Eligibility criteria to appear for Civil Service exam is :-
  • You need to a Graduate from Recognized University with minimum of 50%.
  • Your are need to be between 21 to 33 years.
  • Age relaxation is only for SC/ST,OBC candidates.

So as per the information you provided you have just completed your 12th so your not eligible to apply for this exam.

Please go ahead and completed your Graduation first and then apply for Civil Service exam to become a IPS officer.

Civil Service exam is a Competitive exam so prepare well before appear for it.
20th March 2015, 02:36 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

sorry.you can not apply for IPS after completion of 12th standard.you are not eligible for IPS as per IPS qualification criteria.
IPS is the indian police service exam.It is the civil service examination conducted by UPSC & one of the toughest exam after IAS exam.

ELIGIBILITY FOR IPS

* Age limit

your age must be between 21 to 30.there is 3 year relaxation for OBC & 5 year for SC/ST.

Max. Attempt

4 attemps for general category
7 attemps for OBC
No limit of attemp for Sc/ST category

Qualification

you should have bachelor degree in any stream or descipline

if you are interested for IPS , then first you have to complete your graduation & should have satisfy all eligibility criteria

Exam paper style

Paper 1 : general study
Paper 2 : Language
Paper 3 : English
Paper 4 : Essay
paper 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 : optional
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?