14th July 2011, 07:39 PM
harshadeep93

Which exam should I prefer between GATE, CAT and GRE?

Here my self harsha studying b.tech 3rd year,I can't decide myself to go with gate,cat,Gre.Can u please suggest me which course is best as i m an above average student...

14th July 2011, 11:56 PM
04rust

Default Re: Which exam should I prefer between GATE, CAT and GRE?

The 3 exams you are talking about are of 3 different field...
first you need to assess yourself a bit that in which field you have a bot of interest because all the 3 field has bright opportunity....
Assess your self and see to it that if you want to pursue a master degree go for Mtech i.e GATE.
since you have not specified your steam, so if you are in the core field go for M.tech scopes are pretty bright .
And if you want to do MBA go for cat..
both these exams are pretty though, you need to work very hard..
for GATE you should have a very clear concept of your basics...For CAT you should be good in maths, english, apptitute...
and if you are interested in going abroad then GRE is your option but dont think that it is an easy piece of cake,,....
for cracking GRE you really need to be good in your English vocabulary and maths..
i hope i could provide u a little help...but the choice is your ..
ALL the best ..
hope you select the right track....
15th July 2011, 01:11 AM
malikmohammadzeeshan

Dear..it depends on your intrest if want to do Mtech than you have to go with GATE,and if u want to do MBA than you may choose CAT and if u want to go abroad than u may choose GRE.. All are good and have some unique quality in itself but it totally depends on ur intrest..
Best Of Luck....
15th July 2011, 01:26 AM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

hello harsha,

First of all,try to focus on one thing, that is what do you want to do after your b tech. If you want to be of the technical guy,then you can go for GRE and GATE.

REMEMBER:

GRE is for doing MS outside like US or UK or any other country abroad. The GATE exam is for admission for MTECH programmes in IITs.

If you are business oriented type,you can go for CAT, i assure you if you once cracked CAT,you are the man, you can get placed in one of the top 100 Fortune companies,starting salaries not less than 12 lakhs per annum for IIMs placements.

You can also check with the various IIMs websites.

NB:

You can practise with BARRON'S books for preparing GRE and ARIHANT publications for preparing CAT,GK publishers for GATE.

Regards,

yash
15th July 2011, 01:27 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
It is totally depends on personal interest...
you decide in which field you have more interest to go..
If you have interest in technical field, then you can go for M.tech...
After doing M.tech you can go for further study like research or you can apply for jobs...

If you have interest in Business field then you can go for MBA.. for that you have to appear in CAT...
After that you will get a high salary job...
If you are interested to go abroad for higher study then you can appear in GRE...
Now , it is upon you in which field you think you can excel your knowledge..

All the best..
16th July 2011, 01:08 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Which exam should I prefer between GATE, CAT and GRE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshadeep93 View Post
Here my self harsha studying b.tech 3rd year,I can't decide myself to go with gate,cat,Gre.Can u please suggest me which course is best as i m an above average student...
dear friend,
gate exam is for getting admission in m.tech in indian colleges whereas gre exam is for taking admission in m.tech in colleges of foreign countries. cat exam is for getting admission in mba.
if you are a student of computer science, it, electronics and communication, then it will be good for you to give cat exam and get admission in a good mba college. this is because, for these tades, b.tech + mba will be a very good option as all the multinational companies are asking for both technical and management skills in a single person.
for all other trades like mechanical, electrical, civil, etc you must give gate exam because it will be more useful for you to get a good job.
if you want to study abroad, then you must give gre exam.
16th July 2011, 01:36 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear

all 3 exam is good for future planning

but what is suitable for you .

you go through it,you do not mention your branch.

ok

GATE-is for higher education like M.TECH

CAT- higher education for MBA

GRE- it is for inteligence

decision is completly yours............
16th July 2011, 01:42 AM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Hello Harsha,

As you are in B tech 3rd year,you still have lots of time to prepare for this exam. well, the matter lies in the fact of your interest.

As you are from technical background,you can do Mtech or MS. For this you can write GATE exam or GRE exam.

Remember GATE exam is for doing M tech programmes in IITs and reputed regional colleges.GRE is for doing MS in US or UK.

BEst book for GRE is BARRON's books till now for preparation. If you want to do MBA,you can go for taming the "CAT".

All the best and good luck!!!!
30th July 2011, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

me somesh strm EC 3rd yr....i m gtng confusd which exam is suitable for me & whn i star prepratn 4 dis???
3rd August 2011, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

hi i m tirthesh.i m 3rd year mech engg student.i m an average student.i m confused whether to go with gate or cat.please suggest me appropriate option.
6th August 2011, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

Can preparations in GRE helps me out in CAT or vice versa
24th October 2011, 01:50 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
hiiii friend....here i can elp you......i would suggest you to go for gre..........do your MS abroad....and you will have so many oppurtunities.........

so try to prepare well for GRE exam...............

all the best
1st December 2011, 03:08 AM
Unregistered

hi!! i want to know the fee structure of best B schools in UK AND US .And if there are scholarships or not.
my emal id:[email protected]
12th February 2012, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

but ,doing cat preparation u can prepare for gre too,since gre exam include vocabularies and cat too ,gre have aptitute test cat too ,so and so u can pursue anythiing but choice is urs guys
23rd February 2012, 08:45 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which exam should I prefer between GATE, CAT and GRE?

Hi

I am proving a brief detail about all the three exams and after that you would be able to make up your mind what you actually want to go for:

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering

This exam is conducted on All India basis by the IIT's every year to select candidates for the various M.Tech courses in IIT's, NIT's, BITS, and other colleges in India.

This would be of 2 years duration and would comprise of a specialization related to your graduation course.

You should be a graduate in B.E/B.Tech/B.Pharmacy or B.Architecture.

CAT - Common Admission Test

This exam is conducted by the IIM's in order to select candidates for the MBA - Master's in Business Administration course. Its the best colleges in India for the Business Studies MBA.

This course is also of 2 years duration and any graduate can do this.

GRE - Graduate Record Examination is another exam which is conducted on world basis. This is actually intended for the students who wish to study graduation or post graduation in United States or any other English Speaking country.

So if you clear this, you would be able to go abroad for future studies.

Now what you have to decide is that what you want to do in life. If you wish to continue with your technical career then you must sit for GATE and GRE.

If you want to enter Business and become a corporate professional then CAT is the exam of utmost importance to you.

Thus you have to decide for yourself now.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
23rd February 2012, 12:52 PM
SUPROTIV CHATTERJEE

Default The exam you should prefer between GATE, CAT and GRE.

Dear friend,
You are a student of B.Tech. not BBA or Commerce. So it is better that you give GATE exam to admission in M.Tech as a good student. No reputed company allow you with out GATE rank or M.Tech.
Therefore prepare for GATE.
23rd February 2012, 01:00 PM
bhav111

Smile Re: Which exam should I prefer between GATE, CAT and GRE?

Quote:
Firstly decide your interest.It means whether you are interested in studing abroad then go for GRE, if interested in teaching, to become professor move to gate, if interested in management then move to cat,According to this you my select your choice.
23rd February 2012, 09:53 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai.
Hello you didnot mention what are you studying now.
But iam tells you the differance of the three CAT, GATE, GRE.

CAT is for higher education like MBA.

GATE is for higher education like M.Tech.

GRE is for higher education like MS doing in US or UK for intelligence.

Choice is yours, all the best.
29th February 2012, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

which is better option to choose (CAT,GATE,GRE) for a girl from cse background ?
4th May 2012, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

i am a B.E(Civil). I am confused about what should i study further.
4th July 2012, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

for getting higher salary which one should i prefer gre or gate?
10th July 2012, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

hai , I completed my btech and i had 2 years of exp in infosys . i had some doubts .
who will be paid most 1.MBA from IIM 2.MS from top university in US. 3.Mtech from iit

which is good for me?
which is easy to crack?
27th November 2012, 03:10 AM
Unregistered

i am a student of mechanical engineer.i cnt understand what should i do after my btech.can you tell me what are different scopes after passing btech
29th November 2012, 12:08 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which exam should I prefer between GATE, CAT and GRE?

Quote:
Hi

I would say this is a very out of the box question. The exam names that you have taken are all Entrance Examinations for various courses and jobs and other purposes. I am going to elaborate a bit on the 3, and then give my final verdict.

At first talking about the GATE, it stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering. This is conducted by the IIT's every year for the M.Tech admissions and the PSU recruitment's. Any pass out graduate/final year appearing student can apply..

Talking of CAT now, it stands for the Common Admission Test. This is a National exam conducted by the IIM's every year for the admissions of the MBA in their colleges and other colleges as well. In this also ANY graduate/final year appearing candidate can apply.

Finally of the GRE, this exam is required for all those who wish to pursue their master's program from abroad. This is useful for those who want to take up their post graduation course from outside India and hence for admission purposes they require a valid GRE Score.

Now coming back to your question, as to which exam you should prefer, I would say that its you who has to decide what you want to do in your life after graduation. All these exams are important in their own way and so you have to decide and finalize that you want to take up M.Tech, MBA or go abroad for higher studies. Based on your decision, you have to make the choice.

Personally speaking, I would recommend CAT for the MBA programs as it is a very demanded course worldwide and so has HUGE scope. You can try your best for it and brighten up your career and future.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
4th January 2013, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Is gate good for computer science students..?
5th January 2013, 06:00 PM
santoshgupta.nits

Quote:
It depends upon your interest area and qualification type.

GATE::To be taken by Engineering graduates for M.Tech. in Engineering
CAT:: By any graduate for Management degree courses admission.
GRE:: Science graduates with at least 4 years education between 10+2 and degree for MS in foreign Universities.
2nd February 2013, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

should i prefer mba or mtech being a student of ece and a percentage of 75percent
7th April 2013, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

wot wud b a better option for cse student who wanna remain in IT MNC's only??? cat or gate??
24th July 2013, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

hii , I completed my btech and i had 2 years of exp in infosys . i had some doubts .
who will be paid most 1.MBA from IIM 2.MS from top university in US. 3.Mtech from iit

which is good for me?
which is easy to crack?
24th July 2013, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

hii , I completed my btech and i had 2 years of exp in infosys . i had some doubts .

which is good for me?
which is easy to crack?
2nd November 2013, 02:25 AM
Unregistered

hi!!! I am doing b.tech in petroleum engineering. I am confused of what to do after my b.tech. Reason being I am not that interested in doing MBA, so now the options left are GATE and GRE. I want to appear for GATE, but i cudn't coz; we are not having any course of our branch in GATE syllabus. So now my question is; is there scope of GRE for petroleum engg.? And i belong to major in downstream, so can i do my MS in exploration?
25th January 2016, 05:41 AM
Unregistered

I'm Romil presently in b.tech electrical 2nd year.
CAT:I'm good at maths and aptitude. But I never liked economics. And cat is for business, management....
GATE:I get nervous when it comes to technical terms ....and its theories... .So if I'll give gate, I think i'd get low score.
GRE: I want to be in my country only.

So please suggest appropriate solution; so that I can start preparing before its too late...
16th March 2016, 12:34 AM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

-> Each exam is meant for some specific course .
* If you wish to do M.tech in India or else awaiting to get job in PSU's as well as MNC's opt GATE exam .
* If you wish to MBA ( Business management course ) in fine colleges in India appear in CAT exam .
* If you wish to do Master's degree in foreign countries appear in GRE exam .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?