6th December 2012, 12:55 AM
kavitha29

How should I prepare for GATE? Timetable for this exam?

hi sir,
im kavitha from ece branch,
please can u give me a suggestion, how to prepare for gate?
how to get good marks in that?
give me timetable to prepare for this exam with in 2months & which subjects should i prepare or choose to to score good marks in this?

29th June 2015, 09:48 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare for GATE? Timetable for this exam?

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This exam is becoming important day by day for engineers because it gives opportunities for:

>>Joining master's degree in technology or engineering from top reputed institutes like IIT, NIT etc.

>>Getting shortlisted for different Public Sector Undertakings like NTPC, BHEL, SAIL, GAIl etc if you are among top rankers of this exam.

GATE is now conducted online and consists of 65 questions of 100 marks from core stream of engineering and aptitude. It is of three hours duration and has negative marking of 1/3rd for 1 marks and two marks questions for each incorrect answer.

Honestly and frankly speaking it is not possible to cover whole syllabus of Electronics and Communication Engineering in just two months for GATE exam.

However if you have good concepts of each subject from first year of engineering, you may practice test series of different institutes for getting confidence.

Some of the important subjects for ECE for GATE:

>>Network theory by VanValken Burg.

>>Communication system by Simon Haykins.

>>Electromagnetic theory by Sadiku.

>>Engineering Mathematics.

>>Control system by B.S Manke.

>>Analog Electronics by Bolstead.

>>Digital Electronics by Morris Mano.

>>Electronics Instrumentation by A.K Sawhney.

So brush up your concepts of these subjects and practice on numerical questions as much as possible.

Give two hours each to core subjects of engineering and revise at least for two hours including all subjects. Try to do self study as much as possible. Before one month join test series of MADE EASY for assessing your preparation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?