24th December 2016, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

How to study Architecture course and how many years does it take? Entrance exam for it?

Hello sir, I have completed 12th and studying BCA course but I am interested in Architect course and drop the BCA. Please tell me how can I study this course? Which entrance exam will I have to apply for it?

Related Questions:
  1. In which entrance exam should I appear to study Ph.D Architecture?
  2. Can I get admission to study Architecture Diploma course being a Commerce candidate? Eligibility to appear in D.Arch entrance exam?
  3. WBUT IT 4th Sem Computer Organization and Architecture (CS 404) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  4. What is the purpose of NATA exam? Best college to study Architecture?
  5. As an average student am i able to pass NATA entrance exam?
  6. Is it difficult to get admission in any Architecture college at Abroad if secured low percentage in 10th? Entrance exams to study Architecture in Abroad?
  7. Entrance exam to study Architecture Diploma course for 10th Maharashtra Board student?
  8. Is there any entrance exam available to study Architecture Diploma course?
  9. Diploma in Architecture is possible for 12th student? Whether a 3 years Architecture Diploma holder is eligible to study B.Arch?
  10. Possibility to study Diploma in Architecture for 33 years old M.A. and B.Ed candidate?
  11. What are the colleges applicable for AIEEE all India rank 33869 ? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Can I get good private college after scoring an AIR of 206190 in AIEEE and 32483 state rank?
  13. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study Degree being an Architecture Diploma holder?
  14. Entrance exams available to study Diploma in Architecture on 10th basis?
  15. Process of admission in Architect College after passing 12th Science?
  16. Which high study course i can do after Diploma in Architecture?
  17. Sample question papers and reference books to prepare for NATA?
  18. How many colleges are available to study M.Arch in India? List of entrance exams for admission?
25th December 2016, 06:05 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to study Architecture course and how many years does it take? Entrance exam for it?

If you have completed your intermediate having Maths as a subject then you can apply for NATA which is stands for National Aptitude Test in Architecture. This is an entrance exam for getting admission in B.ARCH or first you can do diploma course in architecture. After completion of this course also you can apply for NATA exam. Thanks
25th December 2016, 06:13 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to study Architecture course and how many years does it take? Entrance exam for it?

As you are interested to pursue Bachelor in architecture degree hence you have to appear in NATA exam. This exam is conducted every year. To appear in this exam a candidate must have minimum qualification of 12th standard with physics, chemistry and mathematics from a recognised board with at least 60% marks and relaxation of 5% is given to SC and ST students.
So you have to appear in NATA exam.
25th December 2016, 10:51 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

B.Arch ( Bachelor of Architecture ) degree course is a full time bachelor degree course of five years after completing which one head towards becoming a architect.

The minimum educational qualification required for the same course is a higher secondary school degree in any stream but with Mathematics as one of the main subjects with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized board.

So being a Class 12th passed candidate you can pursue B.Arch degree course if you had Mathematics in your Class 12th academics. Further to be eligible for getting admission in top colleges offering B.Arch you need to qualify entrance examinations like JEE Paper II and NATA.

For more information about JEE you can visit the link www.jeemain.nic.in where as for that about NATA you must visit www.nata.in.
25th December 2016, 11:21 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

After 12th, you can join B.Arch course in any of the reputed colleges in India. And, after completion of the degree can get job of an Architect in public or private sector firms.

Bachelor of Architecture is an undergraduate course of five years duration.

The minimum eligibility for Bachelor of Architecture course is class 12th or equivalent exam with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from recognized board or university.

The candidate must have studied mathematics as a compulsory subject at 12th level.

Some of the entrance exam for admission to Architectural courses :-

NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) for admission to any of the Architecture colleges listed under NATA.

AIEEE (All India Engineering Entrance Examination) for admission in National Institutes of Technology (NIT), Deemed Universities and central government universities and SPA.

IITJEE (Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination) for admission in IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee .

CET (Common Entrance Test) and Architecture Aptitude Test .
12th May 2018, 07:29 AM
Unregistered

I have complete B.E.civil engineering. But now I can interest in b.arch engineering.how to go study for that b.arch engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?