3rd August 2011, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

Information regarding the syllabus for GATE Exam?

i want to get a rank in gate without taking any coaching.so please send the information about the gate syllabus through my mail. is it possible?

9th August 2011, 09:48 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Information regarding the syllabus for GATE Exam?

Dear Friend

Its very good to know that you believe in self study and you are confident to succeed.

Still, I would suggest you to go through some standard coaching study material of GATE.
Through this study material you will get to know that whether you are advancing your
preparation in the exact required direction or you need some bend to come on the
exact required direction.
You can refer MADE EASY coaching's study material for this purpose.

Also you should refer previous year question papers of GATE to increase awareness
about GATE examination pattern.
You can download previous year question papers from GATE website.
www.gate.iitm.ac.in

The syllabus for the exam is available on the website. Get it from the same.
9th August 2011, 09:55 AM
prashant.jha39
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want to get a rank in gate without taking any coaching.so please send the information about the gate syllabus through my mail. is it possible?
as you have not mentioned your branch, we cannot provide you the syllabus of all branches . So iu am providing you a link where you can not only find syllabus but also other guidance from experts of GATE http://www.gateforum.com/GATE_syllabus.php
9th August 2011, 10:06 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
clearing of the gate exam paper is not a very tough task like IIT..................
just be confident and be prepared...................

i have attached the entire copy of syllabus please go through it.........
Attached Files
File Type: docx Computer Science.docx(31.1 KB, 73 views)
9th August 2011, 10:18 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

For GATE,the applicants must have a graduate degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture from any recognized University or equivalent examination.

Applicants who are appearing in the final year of examination can also appear for this examination.

Or the applicants should have a Master degree from any recognized institute/University.

Don't worry I am attached the Syllabus of GATE Examination.

Attached Files
File Type: zip GATE_Syllabus_(All_Branches).zip(1.39 MB, 28 views)
9th August 2011, 11:47 AM
elango.a

Smile Re: Information regarding the syllabus for GATE Exam?

Hi friend
There is link for syllabus that it contains syllabus for all the departments
from there you can download for your department

http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2011/syllabi.php

all the best....
9th August 2011, 12:41 PM
Harshita21

Quote:
Yes I can give you the GATE syllabus Directly through this Forum :

GATE SYLLABUS

IT & CSE SYllabus

ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS

Mathematical Logic:
Propositional Logic; First Order Logic.

Probability:
Conditional Probability; Mean, Median, Mode and Standard Deviation; Random Variables; Distributions; uniform, normal, exponential, Poisson, Binomial.
Set Theory & Algebra: Sets; Relations; Functions; Groups; Partial Orders; Lattice; Boolean Algebra.

Combinatorics:
Permutations; Combinations; Counting; Summation; generating functions; recurrence relations; asymptotics.

Graph Theory:
Connectivity; spanning trees; Cut vertices & edges; covering; matching; independent sets; Colouring; Planarity; Isomorphism.

Linear Algebra:
Algebra of matrices, determinants, systems of linear equations, Eigen values and Eigen vectors.

Numerical Methods:
LU decomposition for systems of linear equations; numerical solutions of non-linear algebraic equations by Secant, Bisection and Newton-Raphson Methods; Numerical integration by trapezoidal and Simpson’s rules.
Calculus: Limit, Continuity & differentiability, Mean value Theorems, Theorems of integral calculus, evaluation of definite & improper integrals, Partial derivatives, Total derivatives, maxima & minima.

FORMAL LANGUAGES AND AUTOMATA
Regular Languages: finite automata, regular expressions, regular grammar.
Context free languages: push down automata, context free grammars

COMPUTER HARDWARE

Digital Logic:
Logic functions, minimization, design and synthesis of combinatorial and sequential circuits, number representation and computer arithmetic (fixed and floating point)

Computer organization:
Machine instructions and addressing modes, ALU and data path, hardwired and microprogrammed control, memory interface, I/O interface (interrupt and DMA mode), serial communication interface, instruction pipelining, cache, main and secondary storage

SOFTWARE SYSTEMS

Data structures and Algorithms: the notion of abstract data types, stack, queue, list, set, string, tree, binary search tree, heap, graph, tree and graph traversals, connected components, spanning trees, shortest paths, hashing, sorting, searching, design techniques (greedy, dynamic, divide and conquer, Algorithm design by induction), asymptotic analysis (best, worst, average cases) of time and space, upper and lower bounds, Basic concepts of complexity classes – P, NP, NP-hard, NP-complete.

Programming Methodology: Scope, binding, parameter passing, recursion, C programming – data types and declarations, assignment and control flow statements, 1-d and 2-d arrays, functions, pointers, concepts of object-oriented programming - classes, objects, inheritance, polymorphism, operator overloading.

Operating Systems (in the context of Unix):
classical concepts (concurrency, synchronization, deadlock), processes, threads and interprocess communication, CPU scheduling, memory management, file systems, I/O systems, protection and security, shell programming.

Information Systems and Software Engineering:
information gathering, requirement and feasibility analysis, data flow diagrams, process specifications, input/output design, process life cycle, planning and managing the project, design, coding, testing, implementation, maintenance.

Databases:
E-R diagrams, relational model, database design, integrity constraints, normal forms, query languages (SQL), file structures (sequential, indexed), b-trees, transaction and concurrency control.

Data Communication and Networks:
ISO/OSI stack, transmission media, data encoding, multiplexing, flow and error control, LAN technologies (Ethernet, token ring), network devices – switches, gateways, routers, ICMP, application layer protocols – SMTP, POP3, HTTP, DNS, FTP, Telnet, network security – basic concepts of public key and private key cryptography, digital signature, firewalls
Web technologies: Proxy, HTML, XML, basic concepts of cgi-bin programming.

Best of Luck
9th August 2011, 03:28 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Information regarding the syllabus for GATE Exam?

You haven't mention your branch so i can't tell you the syallabus but i can tell you that you can see the syallabus on the site of gate and let me tell you one more thing that gate score is valid for two years.
9th August 2011, 03:32 PM
sg1991

Dear friend,

Self study is very important for passing in GATE exam. You should solve last 5 years papers of GATE. Join a test series. Try to improve your speed. Solve a variety of questions rather than solving a number of questions of same type.

The syllabus is different for different branches. Please mention your branch.

Just do not leave any portion of syllabus and you will succeed.

Good luck.
9th August 2011, 05:39 PM
RABBANI SHAIK

dear friend i think you are confident in your self this is the good decision but you have to spend more time on home practice you have to chekout the previous papers of gate and you can download that papers from below website

gate.iitm.ac.in
16th August 2011, 12:37 AM
Sehwag6

Gate is the entrance exam for mtech. It is different from branch to branch syllabus
16th August 2011, 09:46 PM
Bmsri

hi,
please do mention the subject for which you need syllabus there are more than 30 gate subjects
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?