19th January 2011, 05:10 PM
chavan.jasmine

IPS Exam: Syllabus? Coaching centers in Mumbai? Articles of IPS or IFS officers? Video clips? Cost per year for those who appeared only I of BCA? Any possibility in Cambridge or Oxford University?

Dear Sir,
I want to know the full details of IPS exams
1) Syllabus
2) Coaching Centres in Mumbai
3) Subjects
4) Articles of IPS or IFS Officers
5) Video clips if possible
6) Maximum details regarding their Training Centre's
7) Any possibility From Cambridge or Oxford University
But must take exam in mumbai
8) Cost in Rupees per year.
who appeard only I of BCa not II and III years of BCA

Can You forward all above points
it will be great to receive me.

regards

[email protected]

27th January 2011, 12:36 AM
drkpp
Senior Member+

Default Re: IPS Exam: Syllabus? Coaching centers in Mumbai? Articles of IPS or IFS officers? Video clips? Cost per year for those who appeared only I of BCA? Any possibility in Cambridge or Oxford University?

To be an IPS officer one needs to appear of Common Services Examination conducted yearly by UPSC [Union Public Service Commission]. On selection you can opt for IPS {Indian Police Service]. You need to be a grduate from a recognised university to appear for this exam. The best institute for training in Mumbai is SIAC [State Institute of Administrative Career]. These are the contact details:

State Institute for Administrative Careers,
Hazarimal Somani marg,
Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus,
Mumbai - 400001
Telephone: 022-22070942
27th January 2011, 06:03 PM
diego
Banned

Default Re: IPS Exam: Syllabus? Coaching centers in Mumbai? Articles of IPS or IFS officers? Video clips? Cost per year for those who appeared only I of BCA? Any possibility in Cambridge or Oxford University?

Well my friend there is no such exam as IPS exam.
IPS is a part of Indian civil services.The induction to Indian civil services is though the civil services exam in short. CSE. UPSC exam/CSE as they are popularly known are conducted in two stages
1.Prelims... this year onwards CSAT
2.Mains.
in prelims you have to appear for CSAT which is likely to contain CAT type aptitude questions
For mains and prelims you have to choose 2 subjects with which you want to appear... English is compulsory language Hindi is generally chosen as second language( you can have other subjects )

for articles i would suggest you take CSR CSC which publish IAS /IPS/ IFS inteviews excerpts regularly
hope i have given you sufficient knowledge, soon you'll be youself an expert
wishes
diego
5th February 2011, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

hey any1 can when will be IPS examination held and can u send me all details nd date of form filling at [email protected]

tnx
20th February 2011, 07:00 PM
tripurari singh

Dear.
Hazarimal Somani marg,
Mumbai - 400001
this is a best instt. so join.best of luck
21st February 2011, 07:18 PM
suman kumar mandal

im suman kumar mandal ,bca 2nd year student, form -malda, west bengal , how to admition this instuate (siac).
22nd February 2011, 04:22 PM
xavi

freind hi,

--IPS Syllabus for Preliminary Examination

This is the first stage of the recruitment process. This stage has two papers:
Paper 1

General Studies: For this exam you will have must study current events, Indian history of India, global and Indian

geography, Indian economics and polity. This paper will require you have an understanding of normal day to day

issues. You are not expected to have specialized knowledge on any subject, but a common understanding is necessary.

You must know current national and international events and have detailed knowledge of history of Indian political

system, society and economy.
Paper 2

Optional Subject: For this exam, each candidate has to choose one subject from a wide list and prepare for it. This

optional subject depends on the type of job that he or she wants to take as an IAS officer. One can choose anything

from animal husbandry to philosophy, from law to political science. There are about 23 different subjects from which

the candidates can choose their favourite subject. The syllabus to each of these subjects is very diverse.

Here is a list of all the optional subjects:

* Psychology
* Agriculture
* Botany
* Commerce
* Economics
* Geography
* Indian History
* Law
* Civil Engineering
* Mathematics
* Mechanical Engineering

* Medical Science
* Philosophy
* Physics
* Electrical Engineering
* Political Science
* Geology
* Public Administration
* Sociology
* Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
* Chemistry
* Statistics

IPS Syllabus for Main Examination

Modern Indian Language Exam: For the Modern Indian Language test, the candidate will have to choose one out of 22

scheduled languages. The test will include comprehension, usage and vocabulary, précis writing, translation, and a

short essay. This paper will be up to matriculation level of the chosen language.

For more information visit: http://www.upsc.gov.in/

all the best
24th February 2011, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of BBA last year for periyar university can i abale to give a upsc exam
24th February 2011, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

i am student of BBA for pareyar university can i get a upsc exam
4th April 2011, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
now i am doind b.tech final year.i got job in chennai.i want to join in upsc training institute for part time.plz tell me the details of institutes
5th April 2011, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir..,
Now iam doin my 1st year BCA.., in bangalore., in CMR institute of management studies, can i take up the upsc exam....?
20th April 2011, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

hello sir
i m going to become 30yrs this coming sept. i have completed my chemical engg. (Dip.- 3yrs.) after 12th science that means my qualifaiction is (12 3)
so plz. tell me can i give IPS or IAS Exam......? i really want to take part in that so plz. guide me.
21st April 2011, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Wink Re: IPS Exam: Syllabus? Coaching centers in Mumbai? Articles of IPS or IFS officers? Video clips? Cost per year for those who appeared only I of BCA? Any possibility in Cambridge or Oxford University?

[email protected]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavan.jasmine View Post
Dear Sir,
I want to know the full details of IPS exams
1) Syllabus
2) Coaching Centres in Mumbai
3) Subjects
4) Articles of IPS or IFS Officers
5) Video clips if possible
6) Maximum details regarding their Training Centre's
7) Any possibility From Cambridge or Oxford University
But must take exam in mumbai
8) Cost in Rupees per year.
who appeard only I of BCa not II and III years of BCA

Can You forward all above points
it will be great to receive me.

regards

[email protected]
30th April 2011, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

sir
I am Preparing for IPS exam and i am Colour-blind .
am i eligible or not.
plz reply at [email protected]
5th May 2011, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

can i know the syallabus for the mpsc exam???
31st May 2011, 01:07 AM
PRINCE_AKG
Senior Member+

complete details regarding examination pattern , syllabus , optional subject along with other details is listed below have a look.....

Eligibility criteria:-

1)student have passed in a degree from any recognized University,

2)candidate must be a citizen of India,

AGE LIMIT

- minimum age limit is 21 years that must be completed by the 1st AUGUST of that year,

Age relaxation:-

- for GENERAL-30,
- for OBC-33,
- for SC/ST-35;
- and for EX-SERVICEMEN will have 5 Years

No of attempts:-

- General-4,
- OBC-7,
- SC/ST-NO LIMIT

Examination format:-

The examination consist of 3 stages....

1)Preliminary examination(normally conducted during the second half of may)

2)Main examination (for selected members in main exam)

3)Interview (for students selected in both the above examination..)

preliminary examination:-

General Studies-150 marks

Optional subject-300 marks

optional subject:-
General Studies
Essay
English Qualifying
Indian Languages
Mathematics
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Mathematics
Management
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology
Anthropology
Arabic
Assamese
Bengali
Bodo
Chinese
Dogri
English
French
German
Gujarati
Hindi
Kannada
Kashmiri
Konkani
Maithili
Malayalam
Manipuri
Marathi
Nepali
Oriya
Pali
Persian
Punjabi
Russian
Sanskrit
Santali
Sindhi
Tamil
Telugu
Urdu

but the following combination is not allowed :-
Political Science & International relations and Pubilc Administration
Commerce & Accountancy and Management
Anthropopgy and Sociology
Mathematics and Statistice
Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Management and Public Administration
Any two branches of engineering
Animal Husbandry & Veterimary Science and Mediacal Science
Combination if two Literatures
1st June 2011, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

sir,i'm the student of B.tech ist year in electronics & communication engg.can i able to sit in i.p.s exam?and what is the actual syllabus?please reply my answer as quick as you possible.you can reply my answer in this address ([email protected])
8th June 2011, 11:28 AM
amit gaur054

my dear friend.........
To be an IPS officer one needs to appear of Common Services Examination conducted yearly by UPSC [Union Public Service Commission]. On selection you can opt for IPS {Indian Police Service]. You need to be a grduate from a recognised university to appear for this exam. The best institute for training in Mumbai is SIAC [State Institute of Administrative Career]. These are the contact details:

Hazarimal Somani marg,
Mumbai - 400001

best of luck
11th June 2011, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Tell me the months in which exam are conducted . What are the syllabus or references text book.
4th July 2011, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

Plz sir I want to know the detail syllabus of civil servise(IPS) exam? give me the refrence book name of all subject? plz sent me by mail
7th July 2011, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

i want to know about subject code 054 of mpsc exam for education officer group A.
18th July 2011, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

please tell me about all institute for preparetion of ips exam in mumbai?
20th July 2011, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

Where to fill form , where will i get all the admission detail , is there any online form available , then plz let me know @ [email protected] for IPS Officer (Mumbai)
22nd July 2011, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

is it too difficult to become an IPS officer?
6th August 2011, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

please tell me the add. of the ips preparation institute in mumbai
21st October 2011, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

sir i m graduate from medical college. can i become an ips. i m having glasses
13th March 2012, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

hello sir i M Rajni i m BAhons pol sci third year student after three month complete is my graduation i m join us ips
15th March 2012, 10:52 PM
masuka123

You have to first fulfill these given condition-
You have to first Graduate.
and your age not exceed then 30 years.
if you fulfill these criteria then you are eligible for filing IPS Forum.
Go to UPSC site and fill these forums online.
IPS exam conducts every year by UPSC.
For more information -
Visit- www.upsc.gov.in
26th May 2012, 09:35 AM
climber
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

Mumbai is one of the leading city in India.So,obviously it is home for the coaching institutes,government jobs,private jobs and business purpose.

For IPS person should completed that any degree with 55% aggregate in academics and well knowledge about the general studies.
Age limit should be not exceed the 21 to 30 years.

Institutes for IPS in Mumbai are:
  1. Academy of competitive exams.
  2. National IPS academy.
  3. Study circle Institute of management and administration.
  4. Lakshya IPS academy.
  5. Chetana Unique academy.
  6. Elite Academy.
  7. Paradigm IPS Academy Mumbai.
  8. Netaji Academy IPS trust.
  9. A.A.Shah's Institute in Mumbai.
  10. Analog Institute.
  11. Royale Institute.

For more training institutes across the India register in the Below Website

http://www.minglebox.com

For preparing study follow the below books:
NCERT books from 11 and 12.
For general knowledge O.P KHANNA book.

All the best..................
23rd November 2012, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am student of B.pharm first year. Its an my dream to become an I.P.S. Officer.Sir please guidence me
23rd November 2012, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am student of B.pharm first year. Its an my dream to become an I.P.S. Officer.Sir please guidence me
9th December 2013, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have pass my graduate in distance education.so, can i join for ips
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?