27th March 2011, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

Job in Air Force or Navy with eyesight correction -2.5 for B.Tech student?

how to become an officer in navy or airforce?
i am going to complete my b.tech (ECE) and i have a short sight of -2.5 .
Can i able to get job in that ?
if possible what should i do to get job and where to apply for that

28th March 2011, 12:31 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Job in Air Force or Navy with eyesight correction -2.5 for B.Tech student?

There are various modes of entries into IAF as an engineer.

You can enter there through following schemes:-

UES (it has both permanent & SSC scheme): university entry scheme,is meant for all male and female candidates those who have attend there first university degree,that is (Bachelor degree). Notification for it are released In Employment news. Both Short service and permanent service is offered through this scheme.

SSC: short service commission,is ment for all candidates those who have B.sc/M.sc (Physics,radio,electronics,) or B.tech/M.tech (civil,mechanical,electronics,electronics & talecommunication,Aeronautical etc.) with atlest 60% aggregate including all semester.Notification for it are released In Employment news.
Age Limit: 25 years for Bachelor Holders, 27 years for Master holders

CDS: Combined Defence Service Examination (CDSE) is conducted by upsc (http://www.upsc.gov.in) twice every year for entry into all three defence services.
Eligibility criteria is different for all three. For ARMY- graduation in any background,with at least 60% aggregate Age Limit- 25 years.For Navy: B.sc(with Physics and Mathematics) or B.tech/B.E Age Limit- 22 years.For Airforce- B.E./B.Tech,graduate in any decipline with Physics or Mathematics at class 12 Age Limit- 23 years.

For NCC Certificate holder: All the criteria is same, in an addition canidate must have senior grade NCC "B" grade "C" certificate in ARMY wings.

Fast Track Entry Scheme: are meant for recruiting Engineers through campusing.Like wise MNC's This time IAF has also introduced this scheme for recruiting young Engineers in IAF in technical branches.This scheme held across the selected Engineering Institutes of India.

This scheme also takes place in Various "Career/Educational fares" or by Organising Rally etc.

But Generally Airforce Admit Aeronautical Engineering students through this scheme.

NOTE: Keep reading employment News because all the notifications, vacancies etc. are announced there. It is published by Government of India on every saturday from Delhi and distriburted to all over India.

But as you said you have short sight of -2.5 you wont be able to join in there. Candidate should be medically and mentally fit in all respect.
No - Far sightness, Short sightness, Night blindness, Insomnia etc. Nothing is acceptable. Even if you able to go through entrance you will be rejected during Medical fitness test.

18th May 2011, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Job in Air Force or Navy with eyesight correction -2.5 for B.Tech student?

Can i join indian army after my eyesight operation?
7th June 2013, 12:49 PM
Paliyal79

Hi friend
a B.tech degree holder can join defence but firstly he has to give the exam of CDS which is conducted by UPSC.
Minimum qualification is graduation or B.tech
age limit-19-23. 3 years relaxation for OBC and 5 years relaxation for SC candidates.
But If you have short eyesight is 2.5,then you are got out in medical.
It is necessary that the employment news is followed by you because all the notificationsare given in that news.
BEST OF LUCK
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?