12th February 2012, 11:47 AM
ARUNSHOURIE

List of Job options available for a chemical engineer?

how we can get recruitd, chemical engineers................??????????
send details on my email id as soon as possible..

7th July 2012, 08:44 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: List of Job options available for a chemical engineer?

I can understand you question because there are fears among some people that there isn't much scope for B.Tech in Chemical. There is belief that Chemical Engineers have good job scope outside India but not much within India. These concerneds were valid few years back but not anymore. Today Chemical Engineers have good job scope within India.

Chemical Engineering is a varied field that focuses on design and maintanence of chemical plants, mineral processing, nanotechnology, converting raw materials and chemicals into valuable forms, biotechnology etc.

Chemicals Engineers have a major role to play in industries but primary in manufacturing industry. Petroleum, plastic, environmental control, petrochemicals, waste management etc are some fields where jobs are awaiting for chemical engineers in both public as well private sector.

Among all the industries, manufacturing provides best job opportunities to chemical engineers. In the government field there are jobs related to enviormental problems management such as water treatment, Nuclear Power Plants which would be very common in the upcoming days since India has got a Nuclear Deal from United States, Engery sector etc.

Fertilizer industry is also a key industry for chemical engineerings. The demand of pesticides in agriculture has increased prospects of chemical engineerings especially after government banned several pesticides from being used in Agriculture sector due to bad affects of Health. Several fertilizer companies have been forced to come up with new more eco as well health friendly pesticides to be used in agriculture.

Other industries where you can expect to get decent jobs are

Food Processing

Coal Preparation

Explosive manufacturing

Pharmaceuticals

Paints and dyes

Cosmetics

Printing industry

Prevention and control of environmental hazards etc.

There are several Multi National companies in these fields that would get you a decent job. Some of the companies where you can expect to get jobs are:-

ONGC

IOCL

Asian Paints

Bharat Petroleum
7th July 2012, 09:28 PM
EALPExpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARUNSHOURIE View Post
how we can get recruitd, chemical engineers................??????????
send details on my email id as soon as possible..
Jobs for Chemical Engineers:

Now you are completing the graduation in chemical engineering field, then you don't worry after completing the graduation in engineering field many private as well as govt sector organizations and other departments are offering the job opportunities.

Apart from many private sector organizations are offering the various job opportunities, and some of the industries are mineral-based industries, chemical industries, manufacturing industries etc. And you can also apply for other field jobs like teaching, research, designing products, processing etc and these graduates are work as a following positions..
  • Operations Manager,
  • Production Manager,
  • Project Engineers,
  • Project Managers.
Otherwise you can apply for govt jobs, so apart form many public sector organizations like IOCL, HPCL, ONGC, SAIL, BPCL, GAIL, OIL, CPCL, GSPC , BRPL, IGL, GGSRL are offering the job opportunities. And also you can apply for petroleum industries, refineries, atomic power plants, health related research institutes etc..

Here private as well as govt organizations are conducted the entrance exam and interview and some times conducted the technical interview for requiting the various positions in different departments and after completing the any GRADUATION apply for defense sector and railway sector and banking sector and teaching sector and civil services sector jobs and these are conducted by the UPSC or SSC govt of india.

~~ Regards
EALPExpert
7th July 2012, 09:35 PM
incredible_22
Junior Member+

Career prospects for a chemical engineer:

Chemical engineers have wide employment opportunities both in private sector as well as public sector. They can find jobs in areas such as:
-> manufacturing industries
-> food processing industries
-> chemical processing industries
-> industries where fertilizers, pesticides, dyes, paints, lubricants etc are prepared
-> research and development services

Freshers in this line get a starting salary of 12,000-15,000 pm. Senior engineers can earn anywhere between 30,000-50,000. Those at management levels can get upto Rs.65,000 or above.
31st July 2012, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

tell me top the colleges in india providing mtech. in chemical engineering.
8th August 2012, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

please tell is it good to do chemical engineering ?
27th August 2012, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

I am m.tech in chemical. But still strangling for suitable job. Please help me in this on my email id [email protected]
12th December 2012, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

I m a btech 3rd yr student of chemical engineering of a state govt engineering college, campus is not coming 2 our college,wht should i do after b-tech ?
I should search for job or go for M-tech ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?