24th July 2010, 03:39 AM
koolkaushik007

Mass Communication and Journalism after B.tech in Electronics and Communications?

me doing b.tech from electronics and instrumentation.what is the procedure after this to enter in masscom????`

24th July 2010, 06:56 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Mass Communication and Journalism after B.tech in Electronics and Communications?

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkaushik007 View Post
me doing b.tech from electronics and instrumentation.what is the procedure after this to enter in masscom????`
The eligibility for mass communication courses is graduation in any stream. So, you are eligible for that.
The courses are Masters in Mass Communication, MBA in Mass communication etc.
Mostly MBA colleges offer courses in mass communication. Apart from that there are some separate college for these sector also.
You should take CAT,MAT,SNAP test which carve the path to leading institution for MBA and mass communication.

Some leading mass communication colleges are listed on the following websites. Follow the institutions' websites for admission details.

http://www.indiaedu.com/top-educational-institutes/top-masscomm-colleges/
http://www.puneeducation.net/MassCommunication/index.aspx
http://www.indiaedu.com/mass-communication/mass-communication-delhi.html
24th July 2010, 01:43 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Default Re: Mass Communication and Journalism after B.tech in Electronics and Communications?

Friend as far as I think that why you want to change your stream when you are doing engineering. Yes if main cause for it is that you don;t get interest
in it than you can definitely switch over to it. But if you are doing very well in it then there no any reason .
Yes, you are very much eligible to go for Mass com as for it only graduation is required in any stream. there are many colleges and universities providing different degrees related to it. Any graduate can go for Mass com, so its not very tough.

Best thing you can go for is MBA i Mass Comm if You are so much interested in the field. This field has much growth opportunities due to increasing number of news channels day by day .

So Best of Luck!!!!!!!!!
24th July 2010, 03:03 PM
Thakur Chetan

Hello friend,
it is a good career to pursue with in mass communication with the booming media industry.
And of course you are eligible for this after doing b.tech.
Now you can get admission in M.Sc(journalism).
There are many reputed colleges in this regard.
BEST OF LUCK
24th July 2010, 07:34 PM
trupti_9227

hello,
you are eligible as its eligibility includes graduation in any stream.You should take CAT,MAT,SNAP test which carve the path to leading institution for MBA and mass communication.
4th August 2010, 11:57 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,

Yes definitely you can do PG diploma in mass communication after your B.Tech.

These are some top institutes you can opt for:

IIMC, New Delhi

Xavier Institute of Communication, Mumbai

International School of Business and Media (ISB&M), Pune

Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication, Pune

Asian College of Journalism, Chennai

Film and Television Institute of India, Pune

AJ Kidwai Mass Comm Research Centre, Jamia, New Delhi

Some institutes conduct their own entrance tests to admit students and some other institutes admit students on score of graduation.

So choose the institute you like and go for it.

Best of luck!
18th August 2010, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

contact me 9999591226....i want to know abt mass comm.
25th August 2010, 04:17 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
You may take admission in Mass Communication and Journalism after B.Tech
Post Graduate diploma course in mass communication is an option for you, for the course
following institutes are spacially important:
1>Xavier Institute of Communication, Mumbai
2>International School of Business and Media (ISB&M), Pune

for more details visit:http://www.indiaedu.com/mass-communication/mass-communication.html.
Good luck.
28th August 2010, 07:34 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
yes you can take admission in mass communication after b.tech.you can take post graduation diploma in mass communication.some good colleges are:-
1.Xaviers institute of communication,Mumbai
2.Indian school of business and mass communication,Pune
you can also log on to www.india-edu.com/mass-communication.html
Wish you All The Best!!!
16th September 2010, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

how diploma holder can have a admission in iet davv
3rd October 2010, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

i'm a student of b.tech (ec)...want to know that that is there any option for us in media considering our branch....?????
if yes then would you tell us what i hav to do for that & how much it'll be different from engineering...???
4th October 2010, 12:16 AM
yogeshyadav

Hello friend,

Yes definitely you can do PG diploma in mass communication after your B.Tech.

These are some top institutes you can opt for:

IIMC, New Delhi

Xavier Institute of Communication, Mumbai

International School of Business and Media (ISB&M), Pune

Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication, Pune

Asian College of Journalism, Chennai

Film and Television Institute of India, Pune

AJ Kidwai Mass Comm Research Centre, Jamia, New Delhi

Some institutes conduct their own entrance tests to admit students and some other institutes admit students on score of graduation.

So choose the institute you like and go for it.

Best of luck!
4th October 2010, 11:24 AM
averulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkaushik007 View Post
Mudra institute at Ahemadabad, Gujarat is the best school in India to enter the mass communication.
4th October 2010, 02:56 PM
praveena88

hello,
you are eligible as its eligibility includes graduation in any stream.You should take PLC automation, Plc training...............
plc training in hyderabad
plc training in Bangalore / plc training in chennai / plc training in chennai india
4th October 2010, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

Its indeed a good field provided the nature of scope in it.....All the very best.
5th October 2010, 12:25 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

mass commn is also good field that you haven choosen for your career as you are doing b.tech so you can join mass commulications at the completion of your b.tech for more detail you should log on tp the sites
http://www.puneeducation.net/MassCommunication/index.aspx
you dont wioory it is good field
all the best
8th October 2010, 09:04 AM
helpmaster

look since you are a btech student it will be better for you if go for this stream further.
as far as journalism and mass comm is concerned any graduate can pursue.
though it is challenging and interesting field but for you some technical field would be better but then also if you are not interested than don't go for it.
if you have passion for mass com you can pursue it
13th October 2010, 01:33 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

why will you do Mass Communication and Journalism after B.tech.

you see, if you are interested to work with your field then you must do mtech.

specially if you want to do research oriented jobs, then MTech is compulsary.

but if you are not interested to work in your engineering field, then it is essential to do MBA.

but one things you shoud remember, for getting promotion in company, MBA is essentially required.

so you must change your moto.

all the best........
20th May 2011, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

it is a good field, you can choose mass comm. if you have interest in it. go for it . best of luck abhinav gupta (senior)
11th June 2011, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I'm a B.tech 2nd yr student and am very much interested in journalism specially that i want to be a newscaster! two yrs ago, i was equipped with notions that it's a very risky stream and one can't be sure for a satisfying job and future! I really wan't somebody to truly and frankly clear my doubts. Should i do pg diploma in mass comm and be sure that i'll be a newscaster?
16th June 2011, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

I am a b.tech. 3rd year student.My branch is Civil.Sir, i want to know abt the scope of my career in mass communication as i am really interested in it.If any,then plz tell me abt the course duration & opportunities..
3rd September 2011, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

will a degree in journalism after B.tech IT would fetch a handsome job ???
5th September 2011, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

i am doing bteck in electrical and electronics and i am interested in mass communication,could you please tell me about the scope of this branch..and am i elegible for this course?
16th October 2011, 03:36 AM
Unregistered

is mass comunication is good for girls?
12th December 2011, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

are mass media and journalism same??.. can i do masters in mass media or journalism after my b.tech in information technology??.. please reply..
21st August 2012, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

i am studying b.tech final year information technology ,after b.tech what are the courses for me
21st August 2012, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

i am studying b.tech final year information technology after b.tech what are the courses for me in journalism
21st August 2012, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

hi sir/madam I am presently doing my engineering 2nd in jntu vzm of metallurgical department,I want to enter into mass communication. I am very much interested in news reporting, will I be elligible for that?and if elligible how can i enter into that field please mail me at [email protected]
14th December 2012, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Hi ! i have done my UG from engineering. I want to pursue for MA in mass communications in abroad, UK preferred. Am i eligible ?
12th May 2013, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

ist not so helpful
24th August 2013, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

am a b tech final year student cse branch,i wanna persue my pg in mass communication,which are the top colleges and what is the procedure for admission in these top colleges
20th December 2013, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Hi.....m aarushi

Sir ...I wan to know how can i get job in foreign....after cmpltng mah postgraduatn in mass communication......
Plzzzzzzz rply me on dis- aarutyagi516@ gmail.com
5th July 2014, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

hi i am a btech final year stdent(cse) n wnt to prsue jrnlism.
plss tel me d procdr for that i m intrstd in tv jrnlism.wht shuld i do?
thnk u
8th December 2014, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir I have completed my B.tech in 2012 but i did not get any job so tell me plz what shall i do, which will be good for me....
17th September 2016, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

Hi
I have completed my BE in Electronics and telecommunication kindly suggest me where should i direct my career in field of mass communication
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?