19th February 2018, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

Which Masters degree should I choose in Botany for being a Lecturer?

I have completed my B.Sc in Botany and wish to be a Lecturer in near future. For, this I have also planned to do M.Sc but, bit unsure regarding selection of exact subject. So, my question is to be a Lecturer of Botany which subject should I should for my Masters?

25th February 2018, 04:53 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Masters degree should I choose in Botany for being a Lecturer?

It is always better to select subject that you have studied at bachelor's degree level. You can opt for Master's degree in Botany from a recognized university.

After completion of master's degree, you can apply for National Eligibility test. NET is conducted by CBSE for Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship. Candidates with minimum of 55% marks in master's degree can apply for this examination.

There is no upper age limit for Lectureship.
26th February 2018, 11:24 PM
randhirk.rk

Default Re: Which Masters degree should I choose in Botany for being a Lecturer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my B.Sc in Botany and wish to be a Lecturer in near future. For, this I have also planned to do M.Sc but, bit unsure regarding selection of exact subject. So, my question is to be a Lecturer of Botany which subject should I should for my Masters?
To become a lecturer you need to have a Post graduation Degree and UGC NET Qualified.

Eligibility to appear in the NET Exams:
M.Sc or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS with at least 55% marks for General candidates and OBC candidates and 50% for SC/ST, Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates.

CSIR conducts the CSIR-UGC-NET JRF/NET exam in the following subjects:

1. Chemical Sciences
2. Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
3. Life Sciences
4. Mathematical Sciences
5. Physical Sciences

You have to appear in the subject Life Sciences.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?