22nd June 2011, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

Is Maths at 10+2 important for B.Pharm? Can I complete the degree without Maths?

sir,I drop maths in 12th then is there maths important for B pharm?Can I complet degree without maths?

23rd June 2011, 06:23 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Maths at 10+2 important for B.Pharm? Can I complete the degree without Maths?

Maths at 10+2 is not at all an obligatory in order to join B.Pharm but may have a little advantage if the candidate has Maths at 10+2 level.

B.Pharmacy is purely a science course. So it is better if you have life science subjects at your 10+2 level.

If the candidate has Maths at 10+2 level in addition to the life science subjects, then he can choose other streams also in which Maths will be there as one of the subject.

So, this Maths subject at 10+2 level is going to helpful in that situation which is not possible for a candidate who has done his 10+2 with entirely of life science subjects.

That is what the benefit of having Maths at 10+2 level.

Anyway my suggestion is if your dream is to complete B.Pharmacy, then go for pure life science subjects at your 10+2 level and try to acquire good knowledge in those subjects.

Because right from the 1st year of B.Pharmacy itself, the syllabus through which a candidate has to go is too large which you can complete easily if you have good knowledge in 10+2 level
23rd June 2011, 06:53 AM
dineshpandiyan

Smile Re: Is Maths at 10+2 important for B.Pharm? Can I complete the degree without Maths?

The Maths subject is not mportant for B.Pharm. In 10th and 12th it is important whether you join in engineering ofr medical Field. so, you don'y wory about the subject.
24th June 2011, 01:25 AM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is Maths at 10+2 important for B.Pharm? Can I complete the degree without Maths?

Maths at 12th is not necessary for B.Pharm and you can complete the degree without maths.

Maths is vary important subject.maths helps every time in your life.it is very intresting subject.it is very useful.

maths is not necessary for B.Pharm.but if you have maths in 12th then it will help you.

B.Pharm is purely science subject so maths is not necessary but help you more.
1st August 2011, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is Maths at 10 2 important for B.Pharm? Can I complete the degree without Maths?

I completed my 2 in M.P.C i'm very weak in maths, now I want to do B.Pharm. Is there a maths subject in B.Pharm.
8th August 2011, 01:22 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is Maths at 10 2 important for B.Pharm? Can I complete the degree without Maths?

I am really confused that whether I should go for engineering or for Bsc(maths).I had physics,chemistry and maths in 12th but cannot decide to go for which field.which one of these will be better for my future?which one holds more importance seeing today's struggle in these fields?
27th November 2011, 02:26 PM
Yasir yousf

Bpharmacy needs biology back ground not math you can go for bpharma course
28th November 2011, 06:26 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,I drop maths in 12th then is there maths important for B pharm?Can I complet degree without maths?
hi,
B.Pharma course is related to the medicine. For this course Maths is not required in 12th class.

Eligibility criteria:-
> pass 12th with physics, chemistry and biology with minimum 50% marks from recognized university.
> your age should be above 17year.

good luck!
29th November 2011, 02:13 PM
sahaja mallarapu

to take up B.Phar you dont require maths. you can also take with science background.
you require to complete your intermediate with science background i.e physics, chemistry and biology.
16th December 2014, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

I have drop math in 12th, so how can I appear for entrance exam for bpharm almost all entrance exam have maths as one of the subject??
16th December 2014, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

I have drop math in 12th, so how can I appear for entrance exam for bpharm almost all entrance exam have maths as one of the subject??
10th March 2015, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

is maths is important for11th and 12th std??because i have droped maths in 11th standard only
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?