13th July 2012, 11:33 AM
neethapremraj

Maximum age limit to appear for GATE Exam?

I would like to know the maximum age limit to write gate exam?

13th July 2012, 03:37 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Maximum age limit to appear for GATE Exam?

Hi,

There is no age limit for applying for the GATE examination. Any age of the candidate applying for this exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. The candidates will be given admission for M.tech. This exam exam will be conducted once in a year.

To apply for this exam first you satisfy the below eligibility criteria

One should have completed graduation on Engineering with any stream.

Candidate who are pursuing final year of Graduation course in Engineering can also apply for this exam.

Candidate who are pursuing pre final year of Engineering course are not eligible to apply for this exam.

There is no age criteria to appear for this exam. One can apply for this exam at any age if he fulfill the required academic criteria.

There is no limit on the number of attempts for GATE exam.

For more details visit the below website

http://gate.iisc.ernet.in/gate2012/index.php

all the best.
13th July 2012, 05:13 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

There is no such upper age restriction to appear for GATE exam.

GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING (GATE) is an entrance test conducted by Indian Institute of Science and IIT for admission to M.Tech. courses.

Only Graduate Engineer who has either completed B.Tech or appear for the final B.Tech. Graduation Degree exam from a recognised University is eligible to apply for GATE.

GATE score remains valid for two years, this score apart from taking admission to M.Tech. courses assist candidate applying for job in the Public Sector Undertakings.
13th July 2012, 07:57 PM
Uttam Nandi

GATE is a annual examination conducted by IITs, IISc for admission in post graduation programme in Engineering and Technology. Those who are interested for gaining advanced knowledge in the field of engineering, want to persue career as faculty/researcher GATE is the best option in India. There are online/offline test centres all over India. A candidate need to ensure to satisfy the following eligibility criteria to apply for GATE
  • Those who have passed or appearing in the final year of B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Pharm degree programme from a recognised institute.
  • Those who have earned professional certification equivalent to B.Tech for example AMIE can also write GATE.
  • Those who are in 3rd or higher year of integrated master's degree programme of engineering is eligible.
  • Candidates having master's degree in Science, Mathematics and Computer Application are permitted for GATE.
  • Candidates of 2nd year or higher of 4 years duration post graduation level engineering programme may also apply.
  • There is no limit of maximum age. Moreover, a candidate can write GATE to improve his or her score.
So as there is no bar on age you need not to worry about age. Therefore in case you satisfy the above mentioned criteria you can apply. For your information, GATE has a single paper of 100 marks. Relative score is given. Those who will score at least 70 percentile means if a candidate manage to get into top 30 percent candidates will get a score card. Examination is taken in the month of Jan/Feb. Notification comes out in the month of September of the previous year.
19th July 2012, 05:21 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,
GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.The Candidate will be given admission for M.Tech.GATE exam will be conducted once in a year.

*There is no Age limit for applying for the GATE Exam.

*Any Age of Candidate applying for this exam

Elegibility Criteria:

*The Candidate should be completed Graduation on Engineering with any Stream.

*The Candidate who are in pursuing final year of Graduation course in Engineering he can also apply for this exam

*Candidate who are Pursuing pre final year of Engineering course these Candidates are not eligible to apply for this exam.

*There is no limit on number of attempts for GATE exam

*There is no age limit to appear for this exam.

all the best...
13th April 2013, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

if condidate have passed M.Sc. by chemistry .Can he appear in gate exam ?
4th May 2013, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

if candidate have passed M.Sc.with maths.Can he applied in gate exam
12th May 2013, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

i have done Msc in zoology .can I apply for gate
5th June 2013, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

sir , i am msc physics 2nd year student ..can i eligible for gate electrical engineering or mechanical engineering??
26th August 2013, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

I have completed M. SC(tqm) from smu can I APPLY for gate
27th September 2013, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

I COMPLETE B.TECH FROM K.S.O.U CAN I APPLY FOR GATE
5th November 2013, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

can i pursue my masters from IIT through correspondence once i qualify gate exams
18th November 2013, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

how much marks is needed for iit mtech in GATE exam
23rd June 2014, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

I finished MY second and i will go to third year.How to i prepare and when i will face gate exam?
29th August 2014, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE DONE msc IN CHEMISTRY can I do M Tech in chemical engineering. my mailm id is [email protected]
25th July 2015, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am student of civil engg.in 2nd year in rgpv Bhopal.sir I start in Gate exam work.
20th May 2018, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I want to write gate exam,but I am general category. Is there any age limit for open category.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?