26th June 2017, 02:56 PM
Posts: n/a

Migration from state board to CBSE

I am a student of West bengal board bengali medium. I got 657 out of 700 in my 10th boards. Can I change to cbse in 11th? Will it be befinicial for my entrance exams?

27th June 2017, 10:01 AM
Senior Member+++++
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,992
Default Re: Migration from state board to CBSE

Yes, you can get admission in CBSE for 11th class because candidates who have passed 10th class with a fair percentage from any recognised board or institute are eligible to apply for CBSE. It will be beneficial for many entrance exam because most of the entrance exams will be in English language so studying in CBSE will be helpful for improving your skills and you can crack entrance exams easily.

Admission process:
- You need to apply for any CBSE school. Most of the schools give admission based on the previous year performance. Some schools conduct a qualifying exam for giving admission. This will vary based on the state.
- While applying you need to bring migrating certificate/ TC and provide your birth certificate, 10th class certificate.
- The candidate who have good percentage in 10th class will be given the first preference.
- There will be limited seats in each stream so based on the seats and candidates performance the admission will be given.
27th June 2017, 03:45 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 5,088
Default Re: Migration from state board to CBSE

Yes, you are eligible to get the migration from West Bengal board to get admission in CBSE affliated schools in Std XITH.

To get the migration candidates have to apply for it in respective school.

Migration certificate is necessary to get admission in school of different board after 10th.
27th June 2017, 05:20 PM
Senior Member+++++
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 11,854
Default Re: Migration from state board to CBSE

Yes, you can definitely get admission in other school and you can also change your Board of Education. You need to study hard with this change of Board of Education fruitful for you. First choose the right dream of study, then be dedicated towards your studies and put in more effort to score well in the exams.
Reply With Quote
27th June 2017, 05:27 PM
Senior Member+
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 701
Default Re: Migration from state board to CBSE

Yes you can change board at class 9th and at class 11th to CBSE.

** You need to fill a board application form from the CBSE affiliated college.
** You need to attest xerox of previous passing marks sheet, certificate of previous board, 2 passport size photograph.
** As you are changing board you also need character certificate, migration certificate from previous board.
** For more information on admission process you can contact the CBSE cell at 011-22467263 or can write at Shiksha kendra 2 -Community center, Preet vihar, Delhi 110092
Reply With Quote
15th August 2020, 12:37 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 307
Default Re: Migration from state board to CBSE

Can I change board from 11th CBSE to 12th state board?
15% cash back on electronics at the Digital India sale.
Yes ,

You can move from

To any

But not from one stream to another.

Just go and consult with the school where you want to seek admission.

They will ask you for few documents like your 11th marksheet and Transfer Certificate.

It also depends on your grade that you have got in your 11th class.

If your marks will be acceptable then there would not be any problem regarding your issue.
Reply With Quote
16th August 2020, 03:28 PM
Senior Member+++
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Kerala
Posts: 1,646
Unhappy Re: Migration from state board to CBSE

To take migration certificate of CBSE board it is not entirely online.To apply for migration certificate, you should send your application along with fee to the deputy secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, regional offic

For getting a migration certificate issued from the Board you will have to complete the application form for the issuance of the same. Attach copy of the 12th class certificate and the school leaving certificate and apply to the concerned education board for the issuance of the migration certificate.
Reply With Quote
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?

Related Topics:

Thread Replies Last Post
Possibility to do 12th with CBSE Board after completion of 11th from State Board? Benefits of studying with CBSE Board? 4 27th June 2018 03:27 PM
Admission in 10th class CBSE board is possible at another state after passing 9th from CBSE board another state? 2 14th March 2016 11:47 PM
Is it difficult to study 11th Science of CBSE Board? Benefits to prepare for JEE Main & Advanced? Which is better among Kerala State Board and CBSE Board? 3 27th June 2015 11:42 PM

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.0
vBulletin Optimisation by vB Optimise.
Please also check: