1st March 2018, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

Minimum mark required to be eligible for NEET entrance Exam?

I Gunjan Patel. I have passed my 12th exam in 2017 and got marks Physics:-46, Chemistry:-78, Biology:-82 and in English:-67. I want to give NEET entrance exam in 2018. Whether I am eligible to give NEET entrance exam or not? I come in unreserved category. Just I want to know that for getting admission in MBBS it requires individual 50% marks in each subject or 50% aggregate?

4th March 2018, 11:19 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum mark required to be eligible for NEET entrance Exam?

To be eligible to apply for NEET examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects with minimum aggregate of 50% marks together with English as a subject in the qualifying examination from a Government recognised board. Since, you have secured 50% aggregate marks together in your 12th standard PCB stream, you are eligible to apply for NEET examination.
4th March 2018, 02:47 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

Examination conducting authority: Central Board of Secondary Education.

Requirements for NEET exam:

Academic qualification: 12th from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subject.

Minimum percentage of marks required is 50% overall in 12th board exam.

You should be at least 17 years on 31st December of year of examination.

As per your marks mentioned here, you can apply for NEET examination.
4th March 2018, 04:11 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test.

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidate must have passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually.

Candidate must have obtained minimum 50% marks in 10+2.

Nationality: Indian

Minimum age limit: 17 years.

Reservation is allowed for reserved category.

Yes, you are eligible to give NEET entrance exam.
4th March 2018, 04:49 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility Entrance Test.

Yes, you will be eligible to give NEET entrance exam.

Eligibility criteria for this exam:

You must have passed Higher Secondary Education.

You must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in 10+2.

You must obtained minimum 50% marks in 10+2.

Age limit: 17 - 25 years.

Nationality: Indian.
4th March 2018, 05:34 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Look, the candidate who have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50 % marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology at the 12th examination are eligible for NEET entrance examination.
4th March 2018, 05:56 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same is a national level entrance examination which is held by CBSE once every year for offering admission in undergraduate medical degree courses in any medical college across India except AIIMS and JIPMER.

As far as you are concerned about the minimum marks required in Class 12th for appearing in NEET then it is 50% marks overall (not individually each subjects) in case of general category candidates.

So, as per the marks mentioned above you are certainly eligible for appearing in NEET 2018 as your overall marks in Class 12th with PCB group is much beyond 50%.

For more details regarding NEET you can refer to its official link i.e; www.cbseneet.nic.in.
4th March 2018, 06:31 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I Gunjan Patel. I have passed my 12th exam in 2017 and got marks Physics:-46, Chemistry:-78, Biology:-82 and in English:-67. I want to give NEET entrance exam in 2018. Whether I am eligible to give NEET entrance exam or not? I come in unreserved category. Just I want to know that for getting admission in MBBS it requires individual 50% marks in each subject or 50% aggregate?
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Exam (NEET-2018) is a national level exam for admission to MBBS and BDS courses. CBSE is a conducting authority which organize this exam every year various cities across country. The eligibility for this exam are as under:

- Candidate should have passed 10+2 or appearing with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as core subjects in class 11 and 12 from a recognzied board with the aggregate of minimum 50% for General category and 40% for SC/ST/OBC and 45% for PWD (minimum aggregate marks only for PCB subjects) that means while calculating your marks you need to exempt the English marks and then do the total only for your PCB subjects. If your aggregate is 50% then yes you can sit for NEET -2018 exam.

- Minimum age should be 17 years

- Maximum age 25 years for Generals, and 30 years for reserved category candidates that means for SC/ST/OBC/PWD

As per your marks that you have shared with us, after calculating your PCB subjects marks your percentage is above 50%. So, no need to worry you can fill the form for NEET -2018 and start preparing for your exam. Here are the details about the NEET 2018 exam Dates.

IMPORTANT DATES 2018-NEET

Application form released on : 8th February, 2018

Last date of filling the form : 9th March, 2018

Last date to submit the application fee : 10th March, 2018

Release of Admit card : 2nd week of April,2018

Exam date : 6th May, 2018

Result announcement: 5th June, 2018

1st Counselling start from : 12th June, 2018 to 24th June, 2018.
4th March 2018, 06:49 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same examination is held by CBSE once in a year for admission in MBBS or BDS degree course in any government or private medical college across India.

The minimum educational qualification required for appearing in NEET is a Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks overall from a recognized board. Students going to appear in their Class 12th board examinations are also eligible. Also, the marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, as per the marks mentioned above you are are certainly eligible for appearing in NEET as per the educational requirement for same examination as 50% marks in each subject separately is not required for appearing in NEET.

For detailed information regarding NEET you can refer to the official website of NEET i.e; www.cbseneet.nic.in.
4th March 2018, 08:37 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

NEET is National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. It is conducted by CBSE for admission in the course.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th from a recognized board.

Candidate must have scored minimum 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper relaxation for reserved category.

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the examination. The application for examination is available now. For detail information about examination visit at http://www.cbseneet.nic.in.
4th March 2018, 11:57 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

NEET stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test.

NEET is a national level exam to get admission into medical colleges of India.

Eligibility criteria:

Candidate must have passed higher secondary education with PCB.

Candidate must have obtained 50% in 10+2.

Minimum age limit: 17 years.

Reservation is allowed for reserved category.

Yes, you are eligible to give NEET entrance exam.
5th March 2018, 12:33 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for NEET 2018 examination.

NEET examination is conducted by CBSE for admission in medical course in government or private colleges. The eligibility to appear for examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper.

Candidate must have scored minimum 50% in PCB taken together.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in it will be eligible to get admission in various institutes. To apply for the examination visit at http://www.cbseneet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?