26th December 2016, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to sit for NEET, if failed in maths of 12th class?

Sir, I failed in maths in my 12th exam but I have 50% marks in physics, chemistry and biology combined. Am I eligible to sit for NEET?

Related Questions:
  1. Can i sit for Bank Clerical exams after failing in Maths in Class 12th?
  2. Am I eligible for NEET after qualifying class 12th (PCMB)? How can I apply for NEET?
  3. Am I eligible to appear for NEET exam this year after 2 attempts in AIPMT and 1 in NEET?
  4. Am I eligible for NEET while appearing in 12th class
  5. Is doing 12th(without Maths) through private CBSE fine, for a 12th failed candidate? What's the future prospective for the same?
  6. Will I be eligible for NEET next year or not, if already appeared once?
  7. Can I sit in JEE Advanced counselling if failed in 12th?
  8. Am I eligible to get admission in class 12th (ICSE) if I failed in class 12th (CBSE)?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for the graduation course if failed in 12th Maths?
  10. Possibility to sit in NEET exam if got 35 mark in Mathematics and 50% in PCB?
  11. Am I eligible to give NEET exam if I have failed in Physics subject?
  12. Can I reappear for class 12th exam if I failed in the compartment exam of Maths subject?
  13. Can I appear in NEET 2017 after passing 12th from NIOS board for second time?
  14. Do I have to reappear for the whole subjects exam if I failed in Maths and Science of class 10th? How can I write only the exam in which I have failed?
  15. Is it possible to do Graduation if I have failed in 12th Maths?
  16. Am I eligible to get admission in Diploma after clearing class 10th (ICSE) but failed in Maths subject? Do I need to write any entrance for admission in Diploma? -- [New]
  17. Can I apply for WBJEE this year if qualified in 12th but failed in Maths?
  18. Am i eligible to sit for the IIT JEE exam? I am a student of class 12th -- [Most Discussed]
26th December 2016, 10:20 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to sit for NEET, if failed in maths of 12th class?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for NEET examination. NEET stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test and examination is conducted by CBSE for admission in medical courses.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board with minimum 50% in PCB.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination if you have selected the mathematics as optional paper for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.aipmt.nic.in.
26th December 2016, 10:24 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. It is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for admission of candidates in MBBS and BDS courses. This is now single all India level exam for admission in medical courses in any medical college of India. There is no other entrance exam for medical courses.

The eligibility criteria for NEET exam is that candidate must have done 10+2 or appearing for board exam with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subject. For 10+2 passed candidate, minimum of 50% marks in board exam is required.

As you have failed in mathematics subject which you have taken in 12th along with PCB subjects, you can not apply for NEET exam. Your overall status in board exam is fail. It does matter that mathematics is not required for NEET but as you have opted this subject, you need to score at least passing percentage of marks in this subject. You can appear for compartment exam and clear it to become eligible for NEET exam.
26th December 2016, 10:26 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test.

For National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test candidate should have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board. The minimum age of candidate for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test is 17 years. The maximum age of candidate should be 25 years.

As per my knowledge, you are eligible for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test.
27th December 2016, 12:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I failed in maths in my 12th exam but I have 50% marks in physics, chemistry and biology combined. Am I eligible to sit for NEET?
Yes, you are eligible for NEET exam because you have completed 12th standard with Bio science.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject are eligible for NEET exam 2017. At 10+2 level you need to secure minimum 50% of marks in physics, chemistry and biology taken together.

Your minimum age should be 17 years.

Exam Pattern:-

Total Number of Questions: 180 questions
Total Time Limit: 3 hours
Negative Marking: 1/4th marks
27th December 2016, 01:41 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Sorry, you are not eligible to sit for NEET after failing in mathematics subject of 12th class. Any candidate passed class XII examination with an aggregate of 50% marks in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Biotechnology) and also passed English in the Qualifying Examination from any recognized Board can appear for the NEET examination. As you have failed in mathematics subject of class XII you are not eligible for the NEET examination. The NEET website link is given here for your reference, the website link is Click Here
27th December 2016, 03:48 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to appear in NEET examination, you should have passed all subjects in 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects. You should have studied English as one of the subject in your 12th standard.

The minimum age criteria required to appear in NEET examination is 17 years as on 31st December of the year of examination. Since, you have not qualified Mathematics subject in your 12th standard, you need to qualify that subject to be eligible to appear in NEET examination.
27th December 2016, 05:03 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the NEET examination after scoring 50% of marks in PCB.
NEET is an entrance examination for Medical field. Since you have successfully qualified in the above Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects with 50% of marks, you are eligible to appear the entrance examination.
27th December 2016, 06:40 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible for NEET entrance exam candidate must have passed the 12th with physics, chemistry and Biology from a recognised board with at least 50% marks and relaxation of 5% is given to SC and ST students.
As you are a Math student hence you are not eligible to appear in this exam even if you will pass 12th board exam.
27th December 2016, 10:55 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The basic eligibility criteria which is required to appear in National Eligibility Cum Entrance test is 12th with physics, chemistry and Biology from a recognised board with at least 50%. As you have failed in your maths subject and you have taken maths as a compulsory subject hence you are not eligible to appear in this medical exam. So you are not eligible to appearing Medical Entrance Exam rather after passing your 12th standard you will be eligible to appear in engineering exam.
27th December 2016, 11:48 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and it is a common medical entrance examination at the place of AIPMT and other state PMTs which is held by CBSE once every year for admission in MBBS/BDS degree course in any medical college of India.

The minimum educational requirement for appearing in NEET is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized board. Relaxation of 10% is applicable for reserved category candidates.

Now having secured 50% marks in PCB group together in your Class 12 but being failed in Mathematics ( extra subject ) your eligibility for NEET depends upon the status provided to you by your board of education as if your status is pass in your passing certificate then you are eligible for NEET meanwhile if your status is either fail or compartment then you are not eligible for the same.

For more details about NEET you can log on to the link www.aipmt.nic.in.
30th January 2017, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

I completed my 12th in 2016 with mathematics from UP board and now I am planning to appear again in intermediate exam with biology as a single subject from UP board in 2017 so that I can be eligible for AIPMT exam. So sir please clarify that by doing intermediate as a single subject biology am I eligible for neet 2017 or not?
1st March 2017, 05:36 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to sit for NEET, if failed in English 12th class ? Please reply must..
4th March 2017, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

If anyone fails in physics but overall got 75% he or she will eigible for NEET?
16th March 2017, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

Sir if anyone fail in maths but have better marks in PCB, she is eligible for NEET ?
29th March 2017, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

After passing neet exam the persons who failed in 12 th can study medicine
30th April 2017, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

If a student fail in biology in 12th and if he write supplementry and get passed can he get medical seat
23rd May 2017, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

I got qualified marks in NEET but I failed in mathematics of 12th class. Am I eligible for NEET? Please tell me sir
28th May 2017, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

I have failed in the class 12 boards exam in chem and physics just passed in bio can i give the AIPMT exam and do i have to give the 12 boards exams again in order to get admission in medical college or AIPMT results will be enough if i get good percentage in AIPMT. Please REPLY FAST.
28th May 2017, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

Does NEET examination have only physics,chemistry and biology(PCB) or we have to attempt maths paper also? is it compulsory to attempt maths paper?
28th May 2017, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

Sir this year I had appeared boards and I had failed in maths and chemistry though I had ped. It made me pass in maths as a additional subject. But I will give compartment in chemistry.So can i give all medical entrance? Please reply sir
29th May 2017, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

My stream is pcmb with only English as the other subject. Bio and maths are both mandatory. I have failed in mathematics n my result status is Compartment. I will soon be appearing for compartments exam and if I pass it out then, can I get admission in medical college as per the ranking in neet through state quota?
3rd June 2017, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Can someone give neet if he get failed in maths which he chose as a main subject in class 12 cbse board and as he failed in maths so it became an additional subject?
6th June 2017, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

Sir if i fail in chemistry but my overall percentage is76% so can I eligible to do any medical course?
11th February 2018, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to sit in NEET examination if my main subject is maths.. And I optional subject is biology.. And I have passed in all subject with 59% marks???
12th February 2018, 03:56 AM
Deepti bittal

Anyone you have passed 10+2 with minimum 50% marks can apply for NEET. If you are 12 passed then you can certainly give the NEET exam conducted by Central board of secondary education.
7th March 2018, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

Can I give neet If i had failed in class 11th but Passed I am passed 12th as private
12th March 2018, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

Sir am I eligible for appearing neet after passing physics compartment exam.I have more than 70 marks in biology and chemistry.What I should do Sir ??
14th March 2018, 10:38 PM
Strontium

Yes, you are eligible for appearing in NEET if you have aggregate 50% (at least) in PCB in combination. As NEET is mainly related to biology stream which doesn't have much to do with maths hence you will be fine :-).
3rd April 2018, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to sit for NEET, if failed in maths of 12th class? please provide us proper answer... i will wait
29th May 2018, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

sir if a student is failed in maths board exam and writes his supplementary and pass with 77% all over. and qualified in neet can he atttend for neet counselling 2nd round atleast ?and get his medical seat?
2nd August 2018, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

I was failed 2nd puc in maths and biology but in supplementary exam I was passed my biology subject and maths subject as exempted, now for 2019 can I able to write neet exam?
17th August 2018, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

I got 47 marks in physics in my 2nd puc boards and other chemistry & Biology above 50 marks am I eligible to write NEET exam ???? (general category).
24th August 2018, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

Sir I was failed math in 12th exam math was my elective subject ,math marks 33 but I still passed physics, chemistry, biology in above 50 percent marks can I eligible for NEET examination please tell me sir
21st April 2019, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Sir I failed in Biology subject but I can got a marks in revaluation can I seat for Neet exam
5th June 2019, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

I'm failed in 12th board but got rank in Neet if I pass in supplementary will I get mbbs seat
30th July 2019, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

Did I'm eligible for neet if have failed in maths and have score total percentage 51
25th August 2019, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for neet if i fail in maths, but it was my optional subject. Having all other requirements like overall 50% in PCBE?
25th August 2019, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

Am l eligible to sit for neet 2020 , I failed in mathematics of class 12 but in PCB I scored 50%
22nd January 2020, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

I have failed math which was my optional elective 6thsubject but my resultstatus is passedin 12thboard exam with 60 % marks with pcb and english and bengali ami i eligble for neet exam please reply
18th July 2020, 02:50 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am fail in maths and I want to attempt neet but my pcb marks are not about 150
So can I give re exam for pcb this year or I have to sit for again one year
12th September 2020, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

i have failed bio and physics can I sit in examination
14th September 2020, 09:30 AM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible to sit for NEET, if failed in maths of 12th class?

For 10+2 passed candidate, minimum of 50% marks in board exam is required. As you have failed in mathematics subject which you have taken in 12th along with PCB subjects, you can not apply for NEET exam

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board with minimum 50% in PCB.
5th June 2022, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

as i have maths as an additional subject in 12th if i fails in that will if affect my neet selection i m medical student with pbmc maths as an additional subject
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?