13th January 2017, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NEET exam at the age of 17 years? What is the minimum age required to apply for the exam?

Respected Sir, I have turned 17 years old now and I want to apply for NEET exam so I need to know am I eligible to apply for NEET exam at the age of 17 years? What is the minimum age required to apply for the exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

15th January 2017, 11:00 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NEET exam at the age of 17 years? What is the minimum age required to apply for the exam?

NEET stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test and it is conducted by CBSE for admission in MBBS/BDS course.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th board examination with PCB as main paper and minimum 50% aggregate.

The age limit is 17-25 years as on 31st December of year of appearing for examination. For more information about examination switch on to www.aipmt.ac.in

If you turned to 17 years now then you are eligible to appear for examination which will be conducted in 2017.

15th January 2017, 12:05 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NEET exam at the age of 17 years? What is the minimum age required to apply for the exam?

The full form of NEET is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

Age criteria for NEET exam:

Any medical aspirant who want to apply for NEET must attain minimum age of 17 years on 31st December of year of examination.

For 2017 NEET exam: 17 years on 31st December of 2017.

For 2018 NEET exam: 17 years or more on or before 31st December, 2018.

15th January 2017, 12:19 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and it is a common medical entrance examination held for admission in MBBS and BDS course in any medical colleges of India apart from AIIMS.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

i) You must be an Indian citizen with your age lying within 17 years to 25 years by the final date of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination.

ii) You must have completed your Class 12th with PCB group with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized board. Marks relaxation of 10% is applicable for SC/ST and PH category candidates.

So being a 17 years old you are eligible for appearing in NEET on the age requirement basis but you must satisfy the educational requirement too.

For more details about NEET you can log on to the link www.aipmt.nic.in.

15th January 2017, 01:24 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

Eligibility criteria for NEET exam:

1. You must have done 10+2 from a recognized board with Biology as compulsory subject.

2. You must score at least 50% marks in board exam.

The minimum age required to apply for this exam is 17 years on 31st December of examination year.

15th January 2017, 01:25 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for NEET examination.It is only examination for admission in MBBS or BDS course in private as well as public institutions.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have PCB ( Physics, Chemistry and Biology ) as main paper.

The age limit is 17-25 years as on 31st of December of year of appearing for examination with relaxation in upper age limit.

The examination paper contains questions of Physics, Chemistry and Biology and conducted in offline mode.

15th January 2017, 05:48 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and is a national level common entrance examination held for offering admission in MBBS and BDS course in any government or private medical college.

* The basic qualification required for appearing in NEET are as here under :-

i) You must be an Indian citizen.

ii) Your age must lie within 17 years to 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are going to appear in the same examination.

iii) You must have completed your Class 12th with PCB stream with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized board. Further relaxation of 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So having turned 17 years old you are certainly eligible for NEET on the age requirement prospective but you satisfy the other requirement too.

For further queries and details regarding NEET you can log on to the link www.aipmt.nic.in.

15th January 2017, 07:37 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates with 17 years are eligible to appear for NEET. The national level entrance examination for admission in medical courses.

The other eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have pursue Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 12th and scored at least 50%. The maximum age limit is 25 years.

For information about examination visit at www.aipmt.nic.in.

18th January 2017, 05:18 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I have turned 17 years old now and I want to apply for NEET exam so I need to know am I eligible to apply for NEET exam at the age of 17 years? What is the minimum age required to apply for the exam? Please answer as soon as possible.
Yes, you are eligible for NEET exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject are eligible for NEET exam 2017. At 10+2 level you need to secure minimum 50% of marks in physics, chemistry and biology taken together.

Your minimum age should be 17 years.

Exam Pattern:-

Total Number of Questions: 180 questions
Total Time Limit: 3 hours
Negative Marking: 1/4th marks

Questions will come from:-

Physics-45 questions
Biology-45 questions
Chemistry-45 questions
Zoology-45 questions

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?