29th January 2018, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum age criteria to appear for the NEET/AIPMT exams in 2018?

I have passed 12th with PCM in 2017-2018 from Uttar Pradesh board. Now I want to give exam of NEET /AIPMT. My dob is 08/07/2000. Am I eligible for NEET/AIPMT exam? I have little doubt regarding the minimum age criteria. If I'm not eligible to appear for the exam than what should I do to give exam this year only?

2nd February 2018, 12:58 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the minimum age criteria to appear for the NEET/AIPMT exams in 2018?

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same is a common national medical entrance examination ( replacing AIPMT and other state PMTs/CETs ) held for offering admission in various undergraduate medical degree course across various medical colleges in India.

As you have mentioned that you have completed your Class 12th with PCM group so I would like to let you know that are not eligible for appearing in NEET as for appearing in NEET you are required to have completed your Class 12th with PCB group from a recognized board of education.

Also, as far as you are concerned about the minimum age requirement for appearing in NEET then it is 17 years by the 31st December of that year in which the same examination is held.

For more details regarding NEET you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
2nd February 2018, 01:08 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age criteria to appear for the NEET/AIPMT exams in 2018?

No, you are not eligible for this exam.

In this exam only PCB students can apply.

Eligibility Criteria:

1. Candidate should passed 10+2 or equivalent with PCB and English as core subjects from a recognized board.

2. Age limit: 17-25 years.

3. Maximum Attempts: 3 times.

4. Candidate should score minimum 50% marks in 12th.

5. Relaxation is allowed for upper age limit for reserved category.
2nd February 2018, 05:00 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

NEET is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

It is an entrance examination conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for admission in MBBS and BDS course.

PCM stream candidates can not apply for NEET exam. Only those candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology can apply for this exam. You will have to again pursue 12th with PCB subjects to become eligible for this exam.
2nd February 2018, 10:30 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NEET is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. NEET has replaced All India Pre Medical Test.

Eligibility criteria for NEET exam:

1. Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects are compulsory in 12th to apply for NEET examination.

2. Minimum of 50% marks in board exam is required for this exam.

You can not apply for NEET exam without studying biology in senior secondary board examination.
2nd February 2018, 11:30 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test.

The examination is conducted by CBSE for admission in MBBS and BDS course. The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper.

The minimum age limit is 17 years.

So, you are not eligible to appear in examination. For detail information about the examination visit at www.cbseneet.nic.in.
3rd February 2018, 05:13 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same is a common entrance examination ( which has replaced AIPMT and State PMTs/CETs since 2016 ) held for offering admission in undergraduate medical degree course from various medical colleges of India.

As far as you are concerned about the minimum age requirement for appearing in NEET 2018 then it is 17 years by the 31st December 2018 for all category candidates.

But since you have mentioned that you have completed your Class 12th with PCM group so I would like to let you know that having completed your Class 12th with PCM group you are not eligible for appearing in NEET as for same one is required to have completed his/her Class 12th with PCB group from a recognized board.

For more details regarding NEET you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?