6th March 2016, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

Minimum percentage required in UG to study M.Tech in IIT?

I want to know how much marks are required in the under graduation course to become eligible for studying M.tech degree course in IIT? Please help me with the complete information.

6th March 2016, 01:08 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum percentage required in UG to study M.Tech in IIT?

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology and to get admission in M.tech course, you have to appear and qualify in GATE examination.

The eligibility to appear for GATE examination is :-

Candidate must have passed B.Tech/B.E or have master degree in any other course.

So, with simple honors course you are not eligible to appear for examination.

Candidate after qualifying in GATE examination with better rank are eligible to get admission in IIT. Admission in IIT is not on basis of aggregate in graduation discipline.
6th March 2016, 08:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You have to appear for GATE and on the basis of an excellent score you will be eligible for admission in M.Tech from IIT. Also, you must have at least 60% marks in B.Tech degree from a recognized institution.

Hence, score above 60% in B.Tech and then try to crack GATE with good performance. This is the only way to get admission.
6th March 2016, 09:08 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to know how much marks are required in the under graduation course to become eligible for studying M.tech degree course in IIT? Please help me with the complete information.
Well, you required to score more than 60% of marks at Graduation level to be eligible for M.Tech course through IIT university. The admission to M.Tech course through IIT university based on marks obtained in the GATE exam. Hence, it is mandatory that you must appear and qualify in the GATE exam with more than 300 marks in order to get admission to M.Tech through IIT university.

For more Information please visit here - Official website
6th March 2016, 09:44 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

To get admission in IIT, you have to appear and qualify in GATE ( Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering ).

GATE is conducted by IIT or IISc. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed B.tech/B.E from any recognised university. So, if you have bachelor degree in B.tech/B.E can appear and after qualifying in it become eligible to get admission in IIT.

Candidates with master degree in other discipline can appear for examination. So, if you are interested in pursuing from IIT you have to qualify in it.
6th March 2016, 11:56 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The minimum percentage required is 60% in B.Tech to study M.Tech in IITs. The aspirant has to clear the GATE examination with very good rank. It is only the minimum marks if you score more marks then it will be useful for you to get a seat in IIT. The GATE score will also helps you to get a seat in IITs. The website link of the eligibility is given
Official website
11th August 2016, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

My sem wise percentage is 59.91 and year wise percentage is 60.035.I dont know my CGPA(Dont know even how to calculate it).So can i still get admission in IITs???
Please,your guidance is most helpful here.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?