1st October 2011, 06:50 PM
atulsourabh

Is my decision right to opt for MCA after BSc?

I have passed my 12th this year and obtained 74% marks and also aieee exam with a rank of 30342. i had taken admission in BIT PATNA but cancelled my admission because i have interest in B.sc. now i can't take admission as the date of admission is over and i am feeling very depressed. i have planned to do MCA after b.sc . is my decision right or wrong?
I am a native of patna and my name is atul

Related Questions:
  1. Is MCA better or MBA after doing BSc? Which specialization should I opt?
  2. Which exams are available after B.Tech? What is the scope of MBA?
  3. Possibilities to get a job in schools or colleges after passing BSc, B.Ed and MCA? Is it worth to do M.E so that I can opt for a job in engineering college?
  4. Which is better between BSc Maths and Computers if I want to opt for MCA after that?
  5. What should I do after completion of 12th Class with 63% from UP Board?
  6. Can I do MCA after BSc General?
  7. Is MCA better or MBA? Which specialization to opt in MBA?
  8. Difference between MSc IT and MCA? What should I opt between MSc IT and MCA?
  9. What should I opt between MBA and MCA after B.Com? Does B.Tech equals MCA?
  10. Which one course should I opt for my PG either MCA or MBA? Suggest some other course which providing well paid job opportunities
  11. Which course is better between MBA and MCA having completed B.Sc. in Computer Science?
  12. Can I study MCA after completing B.Sc without Computer Application? List of colleges with good placement facility?
  13. Can I do MCA after BSc? I am a student of BSc Chemistry
  14. Difference between M.Sc IT and MCA? Which course to opt after B.Sc Mathematics?
  15. Probationary officer exam while doing last semseter of MBA? Bank PO officers salary structure? Procedure? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Maximum number of years of gap allowed by Syntel in Campus Recruitment?
  17. Is it beneficial to study MCA for B.Sc(PCM) candidate? Details of MCA course? -- [New]
  18. Should I take up Economics Honors or Engineering from Delhi College of Engineering for brighter future?
29th December 2011, 06:19 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is my decision right to opt for MCA after BSc?

Its always advisable to pursue course in which you have interest and it has a good job prospect. In todays world MCA's are in great demand so your decision of opting for MCA after your B.Sc is a good one. Your first objective is to take admission for the B.Sc course and concentrate and pass the exams and then sit for the entrance test of reputed institutions to seek admission for the MCA course.
17th January 2013, 06:15 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Decision to pursue MCA is quite good. The course is highly demanded at present times and offer adequate career scope also. After that, you can try for a rewarding job in software sector. Always, studying subject of interest is good. Admission to the course is done through entrance exams like NIMCET and AIMCET.
18th January 2013, 02:19 PM
babanpreet

MCA Course

This program has a period of 3 years with 6 semesters. Each semester comprises of 6 months. The topics that are included in this program are C, C++ and Java etc. More details about this course can be got from the official websites of institutions that offer this program. The candidates are given placements for industrial training during their final year. This procedure helps the students gain an individual idea about their career.

As you want to take admission in MCA after B.Sc then this surely is good option.But as per suggestion if you have not take admission in B.Sc till now and you have decided to do MCA after your graduation than BCA is better choice between B.Sc and BCA as most of the subjects are covered in BCA.At the end ,decision is yours.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?