6th June 2011, 05:33 PM
divya297

Should I take up Economics Honors or Engineering from Delhi College of Engineering for brighter future?

does any1 have an idea - whether to take up economic hon. or engineering from delhi college of engineering for a brighter future. i m highly confused between these two as i want to clear ias .. please help . thank you

Related Questions:
  1. Does Economics course from SRCC has a brighter future or engineering from Delhi college of engineering(DTU)?
  2. Can we get through a good economic honors college without maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Is Electronics Engineering a right field for a brighter future?
  4. Whether studying Diploma in Automobile Engineering has brighter future?
  5. Which college would be best for economics honors?
  6. Is B.Ed after economics honors a good option? I am an economics honors student
  7. Can I study B.A./B.Sc/B.Com in Economics at Delhi University if secured 80% in 12th? Which is better to study? Difference between them?
  8. What are the requirements and cutoffs required to do economics honors in Delhi University?
  9. What is the requirement and cutoff for doing economics honors in Delhi University
  10. Best course to choose after B.Sc. Economics Honors? Scope of this course in India?
  11. Which course is a better choice for me between MBA in Finance and Masters degree in Economics Honors after completion of B.Sc Economics?
  12. Economics honors without mathematics is valueless? -- [New]
  13. Economical courses which can be pursued after 12th?
  14. Is majors and honors in economics or sociology is same? Which one to take next after completion of graduation?
  15. What are the available scopes for an electrical engineer after completion of degree?
  16. Is it beneficial to study MS in BITs Pilani through Wipro WASE to make brighter future?
  17. What are the career opportunities available after doing B.A in Economics? Which is better between B.Com Honors and Economics Honors?
  18. What should I do after 10th being weak in Mathematics?
16th June 2011, 12:50 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Should I take up Economics Honors or Engineering from Delhi College of Engineering for brighter future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by divya297 View Post
does any1 have an idea - whether to take up economic hon. or engineering from delhi college of engineering for a brighter future. i m highly confused between these two as i want to clear ias .. please help . thank you
Hey My suggestion is to stick with Engineering only because now the software hype is going to happen in India with this we are going to have good opportunities so it is good if you opt for Engineering that too the Delhi college of engineering

you're going to take a best option if you opt with DCE it is the best among the UP colleges.

As your goal is to clear IAS then also your engineering will not come in your way select mechanical,electrical or civil if you are interested then you can do the engineering and definitely assure the job forever and also you can make attempts to the IAS

which is the most prestigious one .

I think you will be benefited both technically and strategically if you opt Engineering

So don't let it go just opt engineering from delhi college and after completing that you can attempt for Civils

Don't forget to take coaching which is the most important part for most of the engineers without coaching it will become tough for anyone

So make a wise decision and also think twice while making a decision as that decision will decide your future.

All the best

Regards

~A~
16th June 2011, 06:08 AM
dineshpandiyan

Smile Re: Should I take up Economics Honors or Engineering from Delhi College of Engineering for brighter future?

my sugggestion is to take engineering is the best for your future. many companies giving the first preference to engineering students for job opportunities. so, you select engineering course in delhi college.
16th June 2011, 08:55 AM
venkatgct

Default Re: Should I take up Economics Honors or Engineering from Delhi College of Engineering for brighter future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by divya297 View Post
friend,

u are asking to choose between two very different fields which mould the brain of the student into different thinking aspects.

if IAS if only ur goal, then u may choose to take up economics,as u wil hav a year extra to prepare.

economics may also be less tough than engineering.

but personally i suggest Engineering ,because, u will hav a better critical thinking and problem ability than the economics grad.

regards,,
16th June 2011, 12:49 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

Default Re: Should I take up Economics Honors or Engineering from Delhi College of Engineering for brighter future?

DCE is one of the top engineering college

in india,

both the courses are very good and you need to choose according to your

interest, if you choose the course according to your interest

you will go much ahead in your career.

however the engineering course

from DCE is much more professional and in demand .. also there are lots of

companies for employment and switching this will give you much

better career.
16th June 2011, 02:22 PM
sandymishra45

in my opinion Engineering from Delhi College of Engineering is best for brighter future.

if u have interest in economics ,u can read it in free time as a interest or as a time pass subject.
6th April 2012, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

i am a science student ,i have economics as my 5 subjects in class 12,now i wanted to study Economics Hons ...is my decision correct?
23rd November 2013, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatgct View Post
friend,

u are asking to choose between two very different fields which mould the brain of the student into different thinking aspects.

if IAS if only ur goal, then u may choose to take up economics,as u wil hav a year extra to prepare.

economics may also be less tough than engineering.

but personally i suggest Engineering ,because, u will hav a better critical thinking and problem ability than the economics grad.

regards,,
let me tell you sir that economics is not an easy subject. it's tougher than engineering( I am a student who left engineering and took up economics honours. and yes, I wasted a year)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?