12th October 2011, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to have a GATE score to get placed in good companies?

is it necessary to have a gate score to get placed in good companies?

Related Questions:
  1. Companies which consider GATE score for their recruitment? How to apply for those companies?
  2. Is it possible to get a job through GATE score?
  3. Is gate score valid for 2 years? List companies which hires candidates on Gate score basis? -- [New]
  4. Companies hiring on the basis of GATE score? How to apply for such companies? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I get admission in IIT or NIT if secured 60% in GATE? Will this score give me good job?
  6. List of companies which use GATE score for selection? Any software companies which recruit through GATE score?
  7. Can I get a job in PSU after getting 6.81 CGPA in B.Tech?
  8. In which college of Tamil Nadu I will get admission if secured 31384 AIR in GATE(ECE) being an OBC student? In which company I can apply for job with GATE score?
  9. Which course should I do after completing my B.Tech? How to prepare for placements?
  10. Which are the GATE score based companies? I have scored 25 marks iN GATE exam
  11. Is GATE score essential for job in private or public sector? Companies recruiting Non-GATE candidates?
  12. How to take admission in M.Tech after passing GATE CS with 31.33? How can I make use of GATE score?
  13. Does GATE be the only Entrance Exam to join M.Tech? Career Opportunities after doing M.Tech? Will Companies hire on the basis of GATE score?
  14. List of companies that are recruiting through GATE exam?
  15. How much percentile to be get in GATE Exam to join IIT? Companies preferring GATE score card?
  16. Can I get MTECH admission IIT with a gate score of 663?
  17. Which of the PSU companies will take admission through GATE score card?
  18. What things we should do to get a job a job in Public Sector? Books to be referred?
18th October 2011, 02:37 AM
chandni kumari 26

Smile Re: Is it necessary to have a GATE score to get placed in good companies?

Dear friend,
yes of course ,if you are watching for a good company then you should have a gate score card.Good companies want well educated or talented engineers.Gate score card increase your selection chance.TO qualified in gate ,it is obvious that you have appropriate knowledge about our engineering field.Today's gate score card has been compulsory for CELL,BHELL.,etc.SO it is good to be a gate scorer engineer.
yours friend
18th October 2011, 11:21 PM
rahul4490

Default Re: Is it necessary to have a GATE score to get placed in good companies?

Definitely. GATE score is highly valuable.

Based on the gate score you obtain , you can get placed in even the PSUs.
some PSUs like the IOCL, BHEL, NTPC
1. IOCL has a vacancy of 225 (all trades included ).
2. BHEL ( 800).
3. NTPC has not yet published the no of seats it is going to recruit.

for more info on GATE,

GATE

GATE is an examination conducted by the association of 7 IITs and the IISc, bangalore.

They conduct it for the selection of students for their post graduation level.

Based on your score, the institutes that you can get admitted into are:-

1. IITs

2. IISc

3. NITs

4. Other premier colleges including government colleges.

ELGIBILITY CRITERIA

1. B.Tech pass-out or 4th year.

2. Masters in any branch of science, Maths, Statistics, computer applications.

3. Post Diploma/ Post B.Sc

APPLYING:-

The gate exam is applied online, by which you can get a challan and a form.
you have to pay the required fees and send it along the printed form.

PREPARATION :-

You can either prepare for the exam yourself, or approach a coaching institute.

REPUTED COACHING INSTITUTES ARE:

1.ACE ACADEMY, Hyderabad.

2. P.C THOMAS CLASSES,Thrissur.

If you are preparing yourself, some of the good books that will help you are

1.MADE EASY Publication

2.Khanna publication.

3. G.K Publishers ( contains a little bit of mistakes).

I guess this would be sufficient. and once you start your preparation, hang onto it.
try your level best. atleast 3 months preparation would be necessary.

All The Best !!!...
10th June 2013, 07:06 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to have a GATE score to get placed in good companies?

GATE score is necessary to find a job with PSU and some other reputed firms. PSU like GAIL, NTPC, and CONCOR specifies a minimum of 60-70% marks in graduation and GATE score. There are companies that recruit candidates irrespective of GATE score. Those with a minimum of 60% marks can try for a job with Wipro or TCS. A minimum of 70% marks is required to apply for IBM.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?