2nd September 2011, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary for a student from biology field to prepare for Mathematics?

hello ... i want to ask that i m from biology field.. is it necessary for me to prepare matmatics also....

3rd September 2011, 06:43 PM
Massmurugan

Default Re: Is it necessary for a student from biology field to prepare for Mathematics?

Hi,
it all depend upon the course you wish to do if you wish to do engineering you need to have mathematics knowledge .
but for other courses normal maths knowledge is enough
3rd September 2011, 10:25 PM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it necessary for a student from biology field to prepare for Mathematics?

Even if you go for any field may be in the medical or engineering stream

it is compulsory to know the basic mathematics as it is needed in various aspects in chemistry and physics

so be good in basic mathematics whatever stream you take
4th September 2011, 12:19 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
It is depends on the course in which course you are opting for..
If you are applying for a technical field then mathematics knowledge is necessary..
but, if you are applying for medical field then there is no need to have mathematical knowledge..
so, it depends upon the course..
we can suggest you more properly , if you mention the course in your question..
So, next time mention the course..
All the best.
4th September 2011, 01:32 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Is it necessary for a student from biology field to prepare for Mathematics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello ... i want to ask that i m from biology field.. is it necessary for me to prepare matmatics also....
The dependence of Maths varies from course to course so it all depends upon you that which course you want to pursue and how much dependence of the course is on Maths..like if you are in Biotechnology that would need maths but if you are going in for the line of Surgery or Pediatrics then such courses need very less mathematics..
there is no life without numbers..even you would agree to that but the degree to which the course needs Maths will totally depend on the course which you choose to pursue..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz90"
4th September 2011, 08:25 PM
tanmayeetripathy

Dear friend,

necessary of mathematics totally depends on which course you are pursuing.

-developing the connection between biology and mathematics is one of the most important ways to shift the paradigms of both established science disciplines.

-normally students try to make a transition from mathematics to biology field and ignore mathematics..

So in my opinion you should keep in touch with mathematics.it is necessary in various fields such as:-

if you are pursuing biotechnology/bioformatics,there would be a serious need of mathematics..in medical field, there is less need of maths.

Good luck..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?