8th October 2010, 08:23 PM
arya kirti

Occupatinal therapy prospects in INDIA

respected sir/mam, iam a 4th year undergraduate student of occupational therapy in Pt.DDU Istitute for the physically handicapped ,but now it seems that this course is so much less paying and prospectless in india that can't even pay for my own spendings.we don't have any counselling cell in the college and here the environment is so demoralising for being opting this course as a carrier.p lz guide me about prospects and positive part of this carrier in INDIA.I really need your precious suggestion and guide to rech my goal.

Related Questions:
  1. Diploma in audiology and speech therapy: Colleges, Course Duration, Future Jobs Prospects? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Information regarding list of colleges offering Diploma in Audiology and Speech Therapy? Job Prospects after completion of this course?
  3. After pursuing Bachelors in Occupational Therapy(BOT) am I eligible to give the entrance exams of MSc Biochemistry? How to prepare for it? What is the syllabus?
  4. Career scope of Occupational Therapy? Courses available in Occupational Therapy? Best colleges in India offering these courses?
  5. B.ed can be done after B.O.T (Bachelor of Occupational Therapy)? Should I go for correspondence B.Ed?
  6. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available in speech therapy education after 12th or BA degree?
  7. Prospects of getting a Ph.D course in USA after doing M.D in Pharmacology from India with good research experience? Job prospects in India after completing Ph.D from USA?
  8. Criterion of admission in B.Sc (audiology and speech therapy) from AIIMS, New delhi
  9. Will I get a good salary after doing career in occupational therapy from government college of India?
  10. Should I do Masters in Ortho Manual Therapy course in India or Abroad? Which country to choose to study this course?
  11. Best colleges in India for Mechanical Engineering and what are the prospects?
  12. What is the future of Occupational Therapist?
  13. Which top paramedical Diploma courses i can study in India? -- [New]
  14. Prospects of B.Tech with CFA in India?
  15. What are the prospects of Ph.D in Marketing in India?
  16. Which one is more valuable studying in India or in Abroad? Prospects of job in India for a candidate who has studied in Abroad?
  17. MSc in International business: From Abroad or India? Prospects after doing this course?
  18. List of colleges which offer Bachelor of Occupational Therapy in India? Entrance exam to get admission?
10th October 2010, 03:22 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Occupatinal therapy prospects in INDIA

An occupational therapist is a person who help patients to identify imbalances in their lives & suggest activities to deal with them.But my dear friend,I cant understand that having such a quality you yourself are so much depressed that you need a counselling. Anyways ,the first thing is this that firstly remove this doubt that this course is prospectless & less paying in INDIA.Now note down the different fields in which you can work-
1.Hospitals, private clinics,health centres ,polyclinics
2. rehabilitation centres & psychiatric institutions
3. special schools
4. community mental health centres
5. residential care facilities
6. adult day care program and sports field
NGOs are also a good option for these professionals.You can work independently for providing health care facility to household & school.
You also get a very encouraging level of income-
1. Freshers- 8000-10,000 monthly
2. In pvt. sector- 15,000-25,000
3. Independenly- 20,000 to 1 lac per month
So you can see the career prospect is positive only.I personally request to the principal of Pt.DDU institute to arrange a counseller so that students will not mislead & try to remove the demoralising environmen talso for the better future of the students.
12th October 2010, 03:11 PM
docshakti

hi,
firstly i want to tell you that don't demoralise yourself there is no field in india which will pay less or have loosed its identity.occupational therapist plays very important role in medical field.there are so many job opportunities
1]if you want govt. jobs then there are always vacancies for occupational therapist in govt. hospitals for that have regular look on employment newspaper where you can get so many vacancies or you can register yourself on websutes like naukri.com,indiagovtjobs.com,etc which will give you regular e-mail alerts matching your qualifications.
2]you can also go for private jobs private hospitals always need occupational therapist.
privatr clinics,rehabilitation centres,special schools,health care centres,etc
they will pay you good salary and as you gain experience your salary will increase.so have positive attitude towards your field.
all the best
17th November 2010, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Occupatinal therapy prospects in INDIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen gola View Post
An occupational therapist is a person who help patients to identify imbalances in their lives & suggest activities to deal with them.But my dear friend,I cant understand that having such a quality you yourself are so much depressed that you need a counselling. Anyways ,the first thing is this that firstly remove this doubt that this course is prospectless & less paying in INDIA.Now note down the different fields in which you can work-
1.Hospitals, private clinics,health centres ,polyclinics
2. rehabilitation centres & psychiatric institutions
3. special schools
4. community mental health centres
5. residential care facilities
6. adult day care program and sports field
NGOs are also a good option for these professionals.You can work independently for providing health care facility to household & school.
You also get a very encouraging level of income-
1. Freshers- 8000-10,000 monthly
2. In pvt. sector- 15,000-25,000
3. Independenly- 20,000 to 1 lac per month
So you can see the career prospect is positive only.I personally request to the principal of Pt.DDU institute to arrange a counseller so that students will not mislead & try to remove the demoralising environmen talso for the better future of the students.
i am a student of the same batch as the person inquiring here and i have no doubts OT has a bright furure in India!!
1st March 2012, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

IS AIIMS offored occupational therapy.
4th April 2012, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

what is the fee structure
18th February 2013, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by arya kirti View Post
respected sir/mam, iam a 4th year undergraduate student of occupational therapy in Pt.DDU Istitute for the physically handicapped ,but now it seems that this course is so much less paying and prospectless in india that can't even pay for my own spendings.we don't have any counselling cell in the college and here the environment is so demoralising for being opting this course as a carrier.p lz guide me about prospects and positive part of this carrier in INDIA.I really need your precious suggestion and guide to rech my goal.
Yes its really tough establishing yourself in the profession. You can work in special schools as beginner. Also if your parents can supportt go for mot or msc in related field in US. If you have no other option except being in India then current trends will help you if you do BEd or PG inclinical psychology. Try doing part time or full time with gooduniversity. DU or Ignou. You might as well land working in international school. There start up is around 25 k per month. Be prepared for hard work and perseverence for atleast next 4 to 5 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?