27th August 2015, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in statistics after completion of B.Com course?

I am completed my b.com with statistics than after, I am Completed my MBA with finance. Can i do phd in statistics? What percentage require for do phd in statistics? It will be really good if someone can answer me this query as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any entrance exam to study PhD in ISRO for M.Sc(Statistics) candidate?
  2. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
  3. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in distribution theory after completion of post graduation in statistics?
  4. Where to do PhD in statistics in India? In which all exams to appear?
  5. Am I eligible to do MS in abroad after completion of B.Sc Statistics course?
  6. Which course is in more demand between Ph.D in Statistics and Ph.D in Applied Statistics?
  7. Am I eligible to do Phd in Psychology after completion of M.D in Homeo?
  8. Is there facility to part time PhD in Statistics or Bio Statistics or Clinical Statistics?
  9. Difference between Ph.D in statistics and PhD in applied statistics in opportunity point of view?
  10. What are the research Programs in Statistics? Previous question papers of PhD Statistics of Central University?
  11. Am I eligible for PhD after completion of MBA and CA-Articleship? Universities offering PhD in external or distance mode?
  12. In which subject I should prefer doing PhD? Marks needed in B.Com and M.Com to do PhD?
  13. Does ICAR offers PhD in Statistics program?
  14. Which one is better for me between M.Sc in Statistics and Job after completion of B.Sc in Statistics? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Am I eligible for the position of Assistant Professor after completion of M.Phil in Statistics?
  16. How to register for Ph.D after completing M.Phil Statistics? Is there any relaxation for the entrance test for the Ph.D? What are the advantages of M.Phil while doing Ph.D?
  17. Which one should I opt for between M.Phil, M.Tech or preparation for NET Exam after completion of M.Sc in Statistics? Does Ph.D in Statistics a good choice for me?
  18. How can I study PhD with scholarship in Abroad if pursuing Post Graduation in Statistics?
27th August 2015, 03:39 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in statistics after completion of B.Com course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am completed my b.com with statistics than after, I am Completed my MBA with finance. Can i do phd in statistics? What percentage require for do phd in statistics? It will be really good if someone can answer me this query as soon as possible.

Thank you!
No, you can not do Ph.D in Statistics.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.
29th August 2015, 03:07 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in statistics after completion of B.Com course?

In order to apply for Ph.D you need to have the following below mentioned degrees/Documents;

> PG qualification with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate.

> Candidates who have got NET/SLET/JRF/GATE exam qualification will be however, entitled for direct interview without appearing for any entrance examination.

However, most of the Institutes conducts their own entrance examination in order to allow admission to candidates for Ph.D course, therefore if you do not have the above mentioned examinations score, you will probably have to appear for the entrance examination of the prospective Institute.

After having scored well in your entrance examination with good marks, you will be probably called for an Interview for admission.
24th October 2016, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do M.Sc in statistics after completion of B.Com course?
26th June 2020, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I do a Ph.D. in Statistics after M.Tech?
30th June 2020, 01:26 PM
Covid 19

Exclamation Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in statistics after completion of B.Com course?

My friend! 😎
You are not eligible unfortunately. You must have done post graduation (Gen/Ews 55% SC/ST 50%)with related subjects then only you can apply for the PhD entrance exam.
There is no upper Age limit for PhD. But at the same time it is the matter of the particular university. 😎
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?