14th May 2016, 02:32 AM
Unregistered

One can appear in SAT 2016 without having a passport?

Well actually, sir I am not having a passport and I am resident of India so, can I apply for SAT 2016? I mean i don't have passport, so without that it is possible?

14th May 2016, 10:36 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: One can appear in SAT 2016 without having a passport?

Scholastic Assessment Test is carried to take admission into graduation course in United State of America.

Eligibility:

You should have passed 12th standard from a recognized board. This means that SAT Candidates are roughly 17 and 18 years but there is no age limit.

SAT exam is held for admission into colleges in US. It is held six times in a year internationally so that students who wish to purse their undergraduate course.
14th May 2016, 12:19 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

In order to appear in Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), you do not need to have passport. But remember, it is mandatory to have with you during admission in to the concerned college. So I can say that having passport is not mandatory at the time of registration. So I suggest you to apply for SAT Examination and qualify the examination. Meanwhile you may apply for the Passport so that your Passport will be in handy during your admission into the top colleges in which you get admitted.
14th May 2016, 02:51 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well actually, sir I am not having a passport and I am resident of India so, can I apply for SAT 2016? I mean i don't have passport, so without that it is possible?
SAT stands for Standardized Entrance Test or Scholastic Aptitude Test by which one can get admission in the Colleges of USA. Since you aspire to study in USA you must apply for passport. Without passport how can you go out of your country. Educational visa is also available for students you should try that.
14th May 2016, 03:38 PM
sarika1993

You can apply for SAT without passport. SAT is conducted for getting admission in colleges of US. You can also get scholarship on the basis of SAT score.

SAT Eligibility
- You must have passed 12th class exam.
- No age limit.

SAT Syllabus
- Critical Reasoning
- Maths
- Writing

SAT Important Dates
- Go to : www.sat.collegeboard.org
- Click "Announcement" on homepage.
- Click "Exam Schedule Announcement".
- Know important dates of SAT.
19th May 2016, 09:47 PM
samsung1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, anyone can appear in SAT without having his/her passport ready.
If you have applied for the passport and yet you have not received it then you can sit in the SAT.

Even those you have not applied for the passport but they are going to apply it soon they also can appear for the SAT.
As this is not mandatory that you must have passport to apply for the SAT yes, you should have passport in order to apply for the SAT.

So, in order to escape from these issues, it is better for you to apply for the passport.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?