19th March 2015, 05:58 AM
112anuska

One ear deaf person can be declared handicap?

If i am one ear deaf so i can apply for handicap certificate or not? Will I get recognition to be declared a handicap?

19th March 2015, 12:13 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: One ear deaf person can be declared handicap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 112anuska View Post
If i am one ear deaf so i can apply for handicap certificate or not? Will I get recognition to be declared a handicap?
If you are disabled because of Hearing Loss that is severe enough to prevent you from working, you may be entitled to Social Security Disability benefits. Working closely with medical professionals and a qualified Social Security Disability attorney or advocate can help collect and present the appropriate documentation to support your disability claim.

19th March 2015, 02:03 PM
Senior Member+

Smile Re: One ear deaf person can be declared handicap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 112anuska View Post
Hello Anushka
I see that you are suffering from a common ailment called Unilateral hearing loss.
Unilateral hearing loss (UHL) or single-sided deafness (SSD) is a kind of hearing impairment where one ear functions normally, and there is impaired hearing in the other.

Now, to avail benefits for the ailment, one has to satisfy certain criteria and have a minimum degree of disability from a panel of 3 doctors including a Otolaryngologist .
The present minimum is 40% from what I've read.

So, Yes! You do stand some chances of acquiring a PH Certificate.

For more information on how this is calculated, and what factors are involved, please go through the HI.pdf attached to this post below!
Hope this information has helped you!

Regards,

Nik!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf hi.pdf(410.9 KB, 996 views)
19th March 2015, 08:19 PM
violent viper

Default Re: One ear deaf person can be declared handicap?

Hi Anushka,

I am sorry to know that you are suffering from Unilateral hearing loss (UHL)

And Yeah, you are eligible to get few benefits that are given to Physically challenged candidates.

Once, you get the PH certificate from government, you can apply for all competitive examination in disability quota. You stand good chance of getting government job in merit.

Thank you and Good luck.
28th September 2016, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

If someone has moderate conductive hearing loss he or she can get hearing impared certificate or not
28th February 2017, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have problem In hearing with my Right ear I can not hear any thing by my right ear by born. My question is what am hearing handicap
5th October 2017, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

I have underwent 3 surgeries in my intestine..and for the last 3 years I am suffering from a nervous tumor called neuroma which causes intense pain..and i am unable to attend my meet exam from 3 years.....could you please tell me whether I am eligible for a physically handicapped person....
27th November 2017, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

I am having severe neurosurgical hearing loss in left ear and also having tinitus in ear and feel confusion in public places during work as my right ear is right, am i eligible in getting physically handicapped certificate.
20th December 2017, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

27th May 2018, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Hey I am Aman.I can not hear anything from my right ear by born.How many percentage I get when I Apply for Handicapped certificate?
20th August 2018, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir my name is Sajid. I can hear Good with my Right Ear But my Left Ear is closed by Born means there is no Hole would I comes under handicapped or not . Sir i have read some where that there is a some range of audio frequency on which the person can be declared as handicapped. please tell me Mail Id [email protected]
2nd October 2018, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Sir !! If someone can't hear by one ear completely since birth. Will it consider as disable and will it help in any government job !
Sir do reply Asap
[email protected]
13th October 2018, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

My left ear has been damaged, i want to apply for the post of SI, can i get a PH certificate and appear for exams can we do that, please let me know thanks in advance
Pleaee reply
[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?